Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Nexy Designer's diary

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 262728
Author
nexy.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nexy.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2019 at 1:36am

Releasing Tibahr MX-K (H) by Nexy

A three year endeavor has settled into a beautiful harbor. As a Nexy brand manager who studied the history of two representative rubber producers, ESN factory in Germany and Butterfly in Japan, I concluded that a thinner column structure for the currently selling rubbers’ top sheet can be an attractive upgrade formula for the future of table tennis. And, I applied this methodology for the Japanese factory, which bore fruit of Karis. Karis was quite different from all other contemporary rubbers, and many found that this uniqueness facilitated better play. Still, I thought Karis was too different in comparison to the popular rubbers most players use. So, I began persuading Tibhar, Nexy’s life-long friend brand, to produce a Karis structure type rubber with ESN. It started three years ago, and today I have MX-K in hand. In order to spare you from searching my earlier articles to understand the reasons for this technical upgrade, I included the following summary, which explains how to make better rubbers out of ESN technology. 

•Butterfly released Tenergy, a rubber that is dependent on the boosting effect of the sponge. ESN did not respond to the boosting technology and continued with their tensor sponge. For Tibhar rubbers, we can find the Nimbus and Sinus series on which ESN did not apply boosting technology.

•After some time, ESN finally gave up and adopted boosting when they released bubble sponged rubbers. For Tibhar, the first rubber with boosting technology was Genius, and Tibhar continued to release boosted sponge rubbers, until MX-P.

•Personally, I think MX-P is the pinnacle of ESN’s rubber development. It has maximum speed and spin, with good touch.

•However, when they reached the climax of rubber development, they eventually reached the function limit. MX-P was a very good rubber, but it sometimes shows unexpected movement, which results in strange, unpredictable ball feedback. This happens because the top sheet grips the ball with extreme power and drives the ball upward while the sponge expels the ball in the other direction. If the two directions move well, players will enjoy good power and spin. Yet, this movement is often present when the upward movement from the top sheet and bouncing off movement from the sponge isn’t in harmony. Sometimes, the ball flies away, while other times, the ball does not clear the net.

•In order to retain maximum performance while getting rid of this unexpected movement, Nexy did an in-depth experiment and concluded that the gap of those two independent movements should be unified into one.

•With this idea, Karis got a shorter column for the top sheet while keeping the thickness of the top sheet surface. And the result was very good. With Karis, you cannot see any strange, unpredictable movement. However, the Japanese factory was quite different from ESN, which limited Karis’ widespread usage.

•So, Nexy and Tibhar started discussing how we could develop better rubber on the basis of Tibhar’s MX-P. It took three years of experimentation until we finally completed the MX-K rubbers.

•With MX-K, players can enjoy the best quality shots without the worry of unexpected movement. 

•There is one more improvement. When you have this unexpected movement problem, it’s difficult to use a hard sponge because the harder the sponge, the greater this phenomenon. But with a shorter column structure, we don’t need to worry about this, and MX-K boasts a sturdy 52.5 degree rubber.

MX-K is a very strong rubber, inheriting every good thing about MX-P with some additional features.

•Weight:  Compared with MX-P, MX-K is a little lighter without sacrificing any power.

•Gripping Power:  With the unified movement of top sheet and sponge, MX-K works well close to the table as well as away from the table. You can especially feel an easy contact of the ball, even when you are not in the best position. This rubber is more forgiving and allows more flexibility.

•Steady Control:  MX-P shows some unexpected movement when you are not hitting the ball with the correct swing movement. But with MX-K, you can feel easier control for all conditions.

•Harder Sponge Version:  With MX-P, ESN might have had some difficulty releasing hard sponge rubbers, and it took many years until they release MX-P 50. However, with this new top sheet structure, we can easily produce a good rubber with harder sponge. MX-K H with 52.5 degree sponge is available! This is still very easy to play with and retains exceptional power.

MX-K is a Tibhar brand rubber, but all rubbers are to delivered to Korea, and Nexy headquarters will be selling to all countries. So, it’s almost a Nexy rubber, and I will regard this rubber as a representative for Nexy business. There could be some video files taped in Korea and in Germany, and I will provide those YouTube links.

Let’s meet the pinnacle of Tibhar rubber history consummated by Nexy - MX-K!!!

Everything you need for tabletennis: NEXY
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2019 at 11:36am
Congratulations on this new release. I definitely need to check out this rubber.
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2019 at 4:50pm
I ordered 8 sheets to try out myself and test the market. NexyUSA has another larger batch coming from Nexy Korea.

I am a soft sponged rubber guy (think FS-X kinda soft), but the 47 degree MX-K suits me. Linear control on the light to medium impacts, and a huge surge on the power shots. The 52 degree MX-K H is for those who really like to bang into the ball with direct impact. Those players get an outstanding top end.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
hangdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hangdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2019 at 5:01pm
Will Karis M continue in production?
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2019 at 7:44pm
A Tibhar MX-K testing action - sponsored by Nexy - is coming in a few days. Watch the Nexy clan thread.
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
Magic_M View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2019 at 1:11pm
Seems to be still not available here in Europe
nexy.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nexy.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2019 at 9:21pm
We are working on it. One big German store is getting sampels as we speak.
For the imptient: You can just order it directly from us.
Everything you need for tabletennis: NEXY
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2019 at 5:36pm
If you'd like to review the Tibhar MX-K and/or MX-K H rubbers, please see here.
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2019 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by hangdog hangdog wrote:

Will Karis M continue in production?

We will continue with the rubber.
Brand Manager of NEXY
808ponger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 808ponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2019 at 3:55am
Would Karis be considered Nexy Japanese rubber and MX-K Nexy German rubber - different flavors? Or would the MX-K be a next generation step forward?
Stiga Azalea OFF Xiom O7
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 262728
  Share Topic