Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Rubbers for Persson Powerplay

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rand111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rand111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rubbers for Persson Powerplay
    Posted: 11/13/2010 at 11:21am
Hey guys,

I just got a persson powerplay senso v1 and put my Macro era 47.5 degrees on it for forehand and almana sound on backhand. Interesting enough, I felt that the macro era felt pretty bad on the blade. I can't really feel the penetration through the rubber when I drive the ball compared to before.

Does the powerplay work better with tacky chinese rubbers?

Thanks
Sponsored Links

Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2010 at 6:16am
Persson Powerplay plays better with Euro/jap rubbers. It works great with classic rubbers like sriver,bryce,mark v, coppa and mendo. It's also great with newer generation rubbers like Tenergy,Boost,Nimbus, Coppa Platin etc. I think this blade pairs better with harder rubbers although I know some good players using it with Sriver FX.
judelam168 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote judelam168 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2010 at 4:54pm
rand111,

I have been playing Persson Powerplay v1 for 2 years.  In general, it doesn't play well with Chinese rubbers.  The blade is medium flexible.  So Chinese rubbers usually feel dead on the blade when it hits it.  This is especially frustrating when you do your standard drive shots.  The ball will just go into the net for no reason.  Chinese rubbers need a stiffer blade to work well.

On the other hand, like Skyline says, this blade works very well with Japanese/European rubbers.

I am playing Donic Barracuda on the FH and Nimbus VIP on the BH.  This has been a good combo for me now.  But in general, any Japanese/Euro rubbers will work well.  It plays well with Coppa Platin, Tenegy, etc as well.  Medium soft to hard will be my choice.  I won't put too may "fx" version on this blade.  Soft rubber does not work well on this blade.

Hope this helps.
Ironman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ironman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2010 at 6:53am
I just tried PPV1 with Boost TX on FH and Boost TC on BH and it felt really promising.
I normally play with a light Stiga Hybrid Wood and Boost TC on BH & FH.
After Friday night league match I will try it more.

First impression was that I had more feeling and control in situations were I was not the aggressive/offensive one.
The ball does not die in the net or out as often when I'm not in 100% right timing the ball = a bit more forgiving.
More head heavy and a larger blade give more speed when hitting, although it is  a bit slower than HW.
mmerkel View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmerkel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2010 at 8:36am
I played with this blade for almost a year and used Hexer on fh and Nexy Demian on bh. I made a good jump in development with that setup.
#1 RL Balance -Bluefire M2 -Acuda S2
#2 RL Avalanche#2 -Bluefire M2 -Sigma Europe
#3 Primorac -Boost TP -Magna TC
jackass22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackass22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2020 at 5:04pm
Has somebody tried softer rubber with donic ppp on bh like rasanter r42, rhyzm tech,dna pro s...etc

What medium softer rubber does play on bh with donic PPP?
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2020 at 8:02pm
From the Donic series anything with "2" is medium. Bluefire M2 OK.

Xiom "Pro" softness is OK too.

I liked even softer ones on the PPP, 05FX, FX-P, FX-S, Barracuda, Big Slam...

I think a soft or medium Euro rubber or Japanese rubber in your soft to med preference will work out just fine.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2020 at 8:31pm
You can play medium soft rubbers on PPP on BH, but only if you want to open up, block and punch close to the table. For three steps back, and more looping, try medium hard rubbers.
I am enjoying boosted mercury II on my ppp BH, which is available in medium soft, medium hard and hard.
GSOM_GSOM11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2020 at 3:56am
I tried Tibhar Aurus Select (45d hardness) on PPP and it was spinny and controllable with medium power (on par with Korbel or slightly more powerful). Good blade feeling. Unboosted.
If you need pro level speed and power, you can take Aurus Prime (47d) and boost it. But I think nowadays this blade is not a pro level weapon, but a versatile controlled blade for advanced amateurs.
lilactime031 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilactime031 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2020 at 6:53pm
I don't know your style...when i used Powerplay i used Barracuda as fh and Airoc M as bh...before i left it for Epox Off i tried it with Rising Dragon in fh...not bad but the i had to make bigger moves...
e-pingpongshop
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2020 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by GSOM_GSOM11 GSOM_GSOM11 wrote:

I tried Tibhar Aurus Select (45d hardness) on PPP and it was spinny and controllable with medium power (on par with Korbel or slightly more powerful). Good blade feeling. Unboosted.
If you need pro level speed and power, you can take Aurus Prime (47d) and boost it. But I think nowadays this blade is not a pro level weapon, but a versatile controlled blade for advanced amateurs.

The one year I "Geared Down" to this blade, I improved a lot of important aspects of my game for the very reasons you described.

I had to learn to focus more on position, shot quality, point construction, consistency, patience, ideas of how to win points more than dominating the point with macho-man moves.

I prolly improved 2 full levels in 1- 1.5 years using this blade and set myself up for another 1 - 1.5 levels that I grew.

Who knows how much this blade (and the Tibhar Akkad) helped me and helps me now?
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2020 at 10:04pm
@BH-Man:

I have Powerplay and Powerplay V1.  They are indeed good blades.

What is the top ply of Akkad?    I believe it's not limba nor koto.

To Original Poster:   I am sorry to hijack this thread.
But regarding rubbers on PP, I play with various classic rubbers and tensors, and they are all OK.   I have never tried Chinese rubbers on it though.
Blade : Just wood
FH : black rubber
BH : red rubber
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2020 at 12:49am
Top layer of Akkad is definitely not Limba or Koto. Some hardwood, we don't really know.

Some compare the grain pattern to a type of Wenge wood.

Nexy Korea doesn't really tells us every bit of his blades' composition.

I catch a lot of grief over that, but it also intruiges and captures interest.
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2020 at 1:45am
Originally posted by doraemon doraemon wrote:

@BH-Man:

I have Powerplay and Powerplay V1.  They are indeed good blades.

What is the top ply of Akkad?    I believe it's not limba nor koto.

To Original Poster:   I am sorry to hijack this thread.
But regarding rubbers on PP, I play with various classic rubbers and tensors, and they are all OK.   I have never tried Chinese rubbers on it though.

It works very well with chinese rubbers, but IMO they need to be tuned because otherwise the combination becomes a bit too hard and not bouncy enough. I liked H3N, TG2N but now I am happy with xiom vega DEF. 
Veet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2020 at 1:51am
Originally posted by Skyline Skyline wrote:

Persson Powerplay plays better with Euro/jap rubbers. It works great with classic rubbers like sriver,bryce,mark v, coppa and mendo. It's also great with newer generation rubbers like Tenergy,Boost,Nimbus, Coppa Platin etc. I think this blade pairs better with harder rubbers although I know some good players using it with Sriver FX.

Originally posted by judelam168 judelam168 wrote:

rand111,

I have been playing Persson Powerplay v1 for 2 years.  In general, it doesn't play well with Chinese rubbers.  The blade is medium flexible.  So Chinese rubbers usually feel dead on the blade when it hits it.  This is especially frustrating when you do your standard drive shots.  The ball will just go into the net for no reason.  Chinese rubbers need a stiffer blade to work well.

On the other hand, like Skyline says, this blade works very well with Japanese/European rubbers.

I am playing Donic Barracuda on the FH and Nimbus VIP on the BH.  This has been a good combo for me now.  But in general, any Japanese/Euro rubbers will work well.  It plays well with Coppa Platin, Tenegy, etc as well.  Medium soft to hard will be my choice.  I won't put too may "fx" version on this blade.  Soft rubber does not work well on this blade.

Hope this helps.

The Macro Era may be by Palio, which is a Chinese Brand; but this particular rubber is NOT a Chinese-Style rubber. The Macro line of rubbers by Palio are infact proper Tensor rubbers, made in Germany by ESN ... I've owned and played with the Palio Macro Era (A while back), and it seemed like it was not too hard, and not too soft either .... Certainly not 47° ... I guess, it's available in a variety of sponge degrees , like many other Chinese rubbers.. Anyway, 47° would be on the harder side...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic