Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

kuwait open 2012 topic and videos

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: kuwait open 2012 topic and videos
    Posted: 02/17/2012 at 9:25am
no updates anyone??
Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2012 at 6:30pm
Seems like it FAILED this year.. 
Member of Wang Hao fan club.

Hurricane Hao III
FH: Thors
RPB: Omega Pro
chunyenliu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chunyenliu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2012 at 6:59pm
ITTF site did not provide video links past 2nd round.    What a disappointment.
My free Android app: "Table Tennis Time" at Google
gnome View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2012 at 7:03pm
Yeah hopefully its just a delay in posting them.  I wanna see some Niwa and Gauzy.
chunyenliu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chunyenliu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2012 at 7:11pm
Gauzy has improved quite a bit the last few months and showed his ability against top 50 players.  He should become a force for France.   Now Chuang Chih-Yuan is his teammate in the pro league, so he gets to know Asian style better as well.
My free Android app: "Table Tennis Time" at Google
naijachief View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naijachief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2012 at 8:15pm
Ittf is doing a poor job in uploading matches for this tournament. There are a bunch of matches missing from earlier rounds. Omar Assar beat Patrick Franziska and it was streamed live but no upload and a bunch of qualification matches on the mens side are missing.
who no know go know
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2012 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by naijachief naijachief wrote:

Ittf is doing a poor job in uploading matches for this tournament. There are a bunch of matches missing from earlier rounds. Omar Assar beat Patrick Franziska and it was streamed live but no upload and a bunch of qualification matches on the mens side are missing.

So far we only have reporters writing about the event but no footage which is annoying.

Rest assured ttcount will have the main stuff semi final etc in high quality anyway.
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2012 at 11:34pm
In the video of Filus vs Kenta I dont think I've seen such a good opening point before, can only go downhill from there, lol

But watching Filus and videos of Gionis, it feels like there's this breed of European long pips users who are beyond modern defense and just combination players. I mean they chop maybe half the points and attack and take the initiative right off the bat to attack whenever they can.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2012 at 3:10am
A few of the game deciding points with Joo

SoWhySoSerious View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoWhySoSerious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2012 at 3:38am
http://www.youtube.com/ttCountenance

Don't lose yourself in table tennis, whatever it means to you.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoWhySoSerious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2012 at 4:52am
Jun Mizutani-Kim Min Seok:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ2aNH9fnvQ

NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2012 at 5:15am
Did anyone just see Joo play?  IT seem that Ryu just knew how to blast Joo way too well... maybe practicing against each other too much?

Edited by NextLevel - 02/18/2012 at 5:15am
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Carbonado 190
FH: Tibhar MX-K 2.1 B
BH: Tibhar MX-K 2.1 R
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes.
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2012 at 5:21am
Joo played very well. Ryu proved too strong for him.
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoWhySoSerious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2012 at 7:12am
Ryu Seung Min-Joo Se Hyuk:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY7uBiolrl8

Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2012 at 9:32am
wtf,lol, I tune into the women's final and I see Kim smashing the heck out of the ball on the Chinese player, the defender attacking with the attacker way back lobbing for the first 2 points. Also that Feng is one angry woman, she swaggers around like a gang member from a 50's movie, jaw stuck out and shoulders cocked back. lol, and the cho's are so deep, she's lucky she's not a runner in the olympics. Maybe its just my mardi gras instincts turning on, but I keep wanting to whisper, "Duuude, that chick is a duuude~"
Vladovich View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vladovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2012 at 9:55am

Originally posted by Jonan Jonan wrote:

..she swaggers around like a gang member from a 50's movie, jaw stuck out and shoulders cocked back...

+ 1 LOL

btw, women's final is brutal!

Edited by Vladovich - 02/18/2012 at 10:08am
Tibhar Defense Plus

FH: Joola Phenix

BH: Dr. Neubauer Bison 1.5mm

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be…unnatural."
roar View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2012 at 10:11am
Ovtcharov is no longer at the top of the most annoying TT players list now that this Feng Yalan fella has entered the scene.
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2012 at 10:11am
sigh...so close again for the defender, an exhausting 4-3 loss.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2012 at 10:27am
Originally posted by roar roar wrote:

Ovtcharov is no longer at the top of the most annoying TT players list now that this Feng Yalan fella has entered the scene.

My thoughts exactly... she has that butch, lesbian thing about her.  Good for the sport to have such diversity!
Carbonado 190
popperlocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popperlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2012 at 11:11am
the penhold forehand is too strong for Joo, he was raped by it again. I really wanted to see Mizu against Joo, that would have been an exciting match.
Member of the YU ZIYANG is Yo DADDY Fan Club
H3Neo National $145
Hurricane Long 5 National $1000
Tenergy 05 National $145
CNT Autographed Shirt $500
Louis Vuitton Shorts $900
I Love TT
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoWhySoSerious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2012 at 11:23am
Jun Mizutani-Chuan Chih Yuan:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4lvhpN1FYc

NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2012 at 11:39am
Originally posted by popperlocker popperlocker wrote:

the penhold forehand is too strong for Joo, he was raped by it again. I really wanted to see Mizu against Joo, that would have been an exciting match.

Jun taught Ryu how to fish...
Carbonado 190
mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2012 at 11:54am
ryu has a funny hairstyle
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2012 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by SoWhySoSerious SoWhySoSerious wrote:

Jun Mizutani-Chuan Chih Yuan:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4lvhpN1FYc

Thanks! Great match, lots of long rallies. Very enjoyable to watch.
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2012 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Did anyone just see Joo play?  IT seem that Ryu just knew how to blast Joo way too well... maybe practicing against each other too much?

Ryu is a very bad business to defenders. he knows how to play them. In 2004 in Athens already won Matsush*ta 4-0. He has also won joo and chen weixing.

Besides about joo it seems he knows him very well.

In anycase Joo displayed fantastic bhs that i also think has to deal with knowing ryu very well.
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2012 at 10:55pm
i always knew jun mizutani would win. he is the best tt player in the world when timo boll and the chinese are not around
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2012 at 11:07pm
sorry not first but the snail reports the score and embeds here.  I am trying to cover all of Joos vids briefly and if I can get the whole set will piece them together.  Ittf went to a smaller screen for some reason too Cry

dalamchops View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2012 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Ryu is a very bad business to defenders. he knows how to play them. In 2004 in Athens already won Matsush*ta 4-0. He has also won joo and chen weixing.

Besides about joo it seems he knows him very well.

In anycase Joo displayed fantastic bhs that i also think has to deal with knowing ryu very well.

especially vs Joo, the story is that they've been playing each other since teenagers, and they 2 clashes, the attacker always win. Just like how Schlager pretty much never loses to Cheng Weixing
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2012 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by SoWhySoSerious SoWhySoSerious wrote:

Joo Se Hyuk-Zhan Jian:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWb5D8T72Hg

I didnt realize it until I heard it in video above that Zhan has short pips on his forehand. I noticed his stroke was very short and thought it odd how close on the table his loops landed.
mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2012 at 12:16am
quentin robinot - ahmet li

robinot had a bad day

Edited by mrdoodzki - 02/19/2012 at 12:20am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic