FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

ML, ZJK, XX and FZD on the New Ball

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ML, ZJK, XX and FZD on the New Ball
    Posted: 04/02/2014 at 10:23pm
Original transcript

A challenge is organized at the closed training session on the night of March 29. The new ball is used[TL's note: not clear if seamed or seamless]. ML/ZJK and XX/FZD form the two teams. The losing team has to run laps. Other teammates bet on the winning team. Liu Jikang, Shang Kun, Fan Shenpeng, Lin Gaoyuan, Zheng Peifeng, and Lai Jiaxin bet on team XX.

--- First match - ML vs XX ---

XX drags it out to deuce after trailing 5-10 in the first game. ML edges out at 15-13.

Second game. XX leads 8-4 then 10-6 before winning 11-6. 1-1 in games.

Third game, ML leading 7-5. Intense exchanges of third ball attack between the two. The first to initiate attack could be the new ball's trait? ML takes the point after relentless attacks. XX claps his hands in response. 11-7, ML leads 2-1.

Fourth game, ML leading again 5-2, Wu Jingping calls a timeout. XX looks a bit antsy. ML 7-3.

The head coach[LGL] is hungry and grabs a sachima from coach Liu Heng. ML takes the match 3-1. ML is more active in receiving and doesn't make as many errors.

--- Second match - ZJK vs Chubby ---

First game 5-5. Ball has to be replaced at 6-6. It shattered, maybe? ZJK gets a service fault for what's probably an inclined throw. ZJK 12-10.

ZJK receives advice from the head coach. The head coach holds his cellphone up really high. Taking a photo? Looks like it. He is pointing at the photo and gesticulating with officer Liu Xiaonong.

Second game, ZJK up 5-1. Ball breaks again. ZJK 11-3. Head coach goes to give Chubby a lift.

Want to run laps, Chubby? Chubby leads 7-4 in third game. I hear that many people are crouching on the white board to take photos and post them on the forums. FZD 1-2 in games.

Chubby takes the fourth game 11-9. He plays very smart. Served one long deep down to ZJK. 2-2 in games.

Decider ZJK 3-1, then Chubby 3-4. Xiaozhan times out. 4-4. ZJK 7-5. The cheerleading folks of team XX/FZD are getting tense. How much did they bet?

ZJK 10-6. Ended 11-6. ZJK won.

Edited by zeio - 04/03/2014 at 2:19am
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2014 at 2:18am
Another one. Original transcript.

What led to Chubby's loss today? Aggregating my cousin's ex's voice recording, the conclusion roughly comes down to this - Chubby's system of technique depends too heavily on the chiquita. His forehand capacity is not sufficient and the quality of off-the-bounce push is low. The characteristics of the plastic ball are - noticeable decrease in spin; tendency for sharp fall; and difficulty in chiquita receive. When the quality of Chubby's chiquita drops, his attacking game as a whole gets disrupted. OTOH, ZJK's and ML's technique are more comprehensive and sophisticated. They're adapting well.

Now that the pieces come together, LGL taking a photo of ZJK serving is probably for keeping it on record for his getting faulted.

ML has a sharper sense to serve and attack without hesitation. His forehand stability is decent and possesses a certain level of lethality. However, his backhand resistance is on the weak side. As the new ball has the tendency to fall sharp, there've been occasions where he misses the ball when counterlooping. On the whole, ML is adapting and adjusting fine to the new ball.

Why does XX like to praise his opponent? It's with a doubt a good thing to have a great heart and respect for the opposition, but you need to get mean when time calls for it. The plastic ball emphasizes the initiation of third ball attack. It is obvious today ML's grasp of the pace is more up to scratch. XX had his chances, but he softened at critical moments and the desire to win was not as strong. Hopefully the boa constrictor that hangs on well to its prey grows sharp teeth real soon. XX's mind drifted half-way through. His sense to initiate attack was all right at first, but he started backing off the table afterward.

ZJK grips the pace real well. He picks up fairly fast on the new ball. His backhand attacking speed gains some speed, allowing him to get up to speed faster, which created some pressure for Chubby. OTOH, ZJK's short game is way more seasoned and diverse. His forehand overall ability is higher than FZD, and capable of holding his own in rally.

Edited by zeio - 04/03/2014 at 2:19am
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
V-Griper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote V-Griper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2014 at 9:32am
Thank you. 

I appreciate going through the effort of translating. 
YE JTTAA
Yinhe Big dipper FH/BH
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2014 at 10:43am
thanks from me too. Great stuff! Love these little unofficial news about the CNT. 

Chubby! : )
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
zjkfanforever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote zjkfanforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2014 at 3:03pm
Some videos of March 29's closed training games using new plastic balls shot by fans. The games were only open to the public until around 8:00PM, which was end of the second set of Zhang Jike vs Fan Zhendong's game.

Ma Long vs Xu Xin (only part of first set)

Video originally uploaded to youku by:Norma003

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38Rofx2Xyso

Edited by zjkfanforever - 04/05/2014 at 11:59am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote zjkfanforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2014 at 3:04pm
Zhang Jike vs Fan Zhendong (last few points of the first set)

Video originally uploaded to youku by: 咸鱼咸鱼快翻身

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pytD9Z89Bps

Edited by zjkfanforever - 04/03/2014 at 3:09pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote zjkfanforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2014 at 3:07pm
Zhang Jike vs Fan Zhendong (second set)

At the beginning of the set, Zhang Jike asked to change the ball but umpire refused, saying that they can only change the ball if it's broken. In the middle of the set, the ball eventually broke, and they were allowed to change the ball. I guess they already felt something was wrong with the ball.

Video originally uploaded to youku by: 咸鱼咸鱼快翻身

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmaikc8JCNA

Edited by zjkfanforever - 04/05/2014 at 11:58am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote zjkfanforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2014 at 3:08pm
Zhang Jike vs Fan Zhendong (first set) made by another fan.

Video originally uploaded to youku by: Norma003

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmaikc8JCNA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zjkfanforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2014 at 3:10pm
BTW, great translation from Chinese text, zeio
CraneStyle View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2014 at 4:10pm
@ zeio - Wris Spec!
1. Mizutani Jun ZLC, FH T80, BH T05
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2014 at 7:23pm
Amazing videos, zjkfanforever!

Judging from the sound, the seamless ball was used?
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zjkfanforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2014 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

Amazing videos, zjkfanforever!

Judging from the sound, the seamless ball was used?

It didn't say, but I doubt it.  All ITTF tourneys will start using plastic ball with seam on July 1, 2014 if I remember it right.  But there's no report on when the seamless ball will be used.  So,I don't think CNT would ask its players to spend time on something with uncertain future.

BTW, how do you upload video in this forum? I can't find a button to click for video upload. 

Edited by zjkfanforever - 04/04/2014 at 9:40pm
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2014 at 10:14pm
Yes, I figured that much. I asked because the Atheletes' Commission reports the seamed balls as being better quality and more similar to celluloid balls, but that doesn't seem to be the case from what's written in the transcript.

To embed videos, use the following BBcode:

[ tube ]video_id[ /tube ]

or

[ tube ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38Rofx2Xyso[ /tube ]

For example, to embed the above video, you enclose either the underlined alphanumerics or the whole url in the above code without the spaces.

Edited by zeio - 04/04/2014 at 10:18pm
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zjkfanforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2014 at 12:05pm
zeio, thank you for the tips, but somehow I still could not do it.  I must have missed something.

I must say Baidu Tieba is must easier to use. You just click "insert video" button, paste the link, then you are done! Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic