Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Outdoor TT DC Metro area anyone?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fourcourts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fourcourts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Outdoor TT DC Metro area anyone?
    Posted: 05/22/2014 at 9:26am
Anyone in the DC Metro area wanna play some outdoor TT? It's in Freedom Park near Rosslyn Metro station. There's also a small putting green and a bocce court.

Edited by fourcourts - 05/22/2014 at 9:56am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fourcourts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2014 at 9:55am

You can see the table in the background.

The table is behind the picnic table with umbrella and you can see the bocce court in the background.

Entrance to the park.

Edited by fourcourts - 05/22/2014 at 9:57am
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2014 at 12:24pm
Very cool. Is the table plastic?
It's fun to play out door TT, although, it might have been better positioned near a structure - so there is a bit of wind break. Hopefully, you won't loose too many balls over the fence.
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
in2spin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote in2spin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2014 at 1:05pm
some outdoor tables are metal?  (which makes them ripe for frying hamburgers on a hot day)

but, playing in the wind is an experience !

i've always thought that outdoor tt - with just a slightly heavier ball would be cool

beach tt?

:)
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2014 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by in2spin in2spin wrote:

i've always thought that outdoor tt - with just a slightly heavier ball would be cool

does what plastic balls for :)

Edited by piligrim - 05/22/2014 at 1:23pm
in2spin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote in2spin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2014 at 1:53pm
well, just, playing outdoors is kind of cool, the wind really, really causes the ball to knuckle and swerve - and if you are playing into and against the wind - it is 2 totally different games

it's kinda fun, actually

but, a heavier (thicker shell?) ball would be a little more stable in the wind, i think

:)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fourcourts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2014 at 8:55am
Originally posted by jrscatman jrscatman wrote:

Very cool. Is the table plastic?
It's fun to play out door TT, although, it might have been better positioned near a structure - so there is a bit of wind break. Hopefully, you won't loose too many balls over the fence.

According to the Joola website, it's made of acrylic resin/silica sand mixture. It feels pretty solid.
Joola City table
When I walked in the park, I actually was surprised to see a Joola table. For places like these, I'd expect something like a Kettler or Harvard.

The wind won't be a problem. The glass building blocks pretty well but definitely, I can see losing a few balls over the railing.
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2014 at 1:15pm
That's a very nice table. Maybe all the picnic tables can be replaced by these in parks!
Please let us know how it plays.
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic