Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Fake Provincial Hurricane 3 from TTNPP (updated!)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Fake Provincial Hurricane 3 from TTNPP (updated!)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fake Provincial Hurricane 3 from TTNPP (updated!)
    Posted: 10/16/2020 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

All national team h3 is fake unless you're on the national team.
That certainly used to be true, but in recent years DHS have been offering limited quantities of these to their official distributors, so it IS possible to get a genuine National H3.

You're one of the only people I'll believe on that
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Sponsored Links

mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2020 at 10:07am

Zhang Jike probably held onto his sheet, because he knows that a sheet that he's used is worth a lot of money... those guys are very famous there!

I don't know about players in the CNT giving away real legit sheets, but I do know that DHS sells National version sheets to their official distributors in limited qualities... I know because we deal with them directly. Big smile

In the paris WTTC zhou you coach was selling H3 at 80$, people are wrong, Real H3 nat has a diffrent pip structure and you need special booster because its hard..also smell diffrent than provincial 

Edited by mykonos96 - 10/16/2020 at 10:10am
Olio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2020 at 5:45am
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2020 at 4:43am

Zhang Jike probably held onto his sheet, because he knows that a sheet that he's used is worth a lot of money... those guys are very famous there!

I don't know about players in the CNT giving away real legit sheets, but I do know that DHS sells National version sheets to their official distributors in limited qualities... I know because we deal with them directly. Big smile

Fair enough.  Could you show us a link where we can buy a legitimate H3 Neo National version?
DarkerMyLove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkerMyLove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2020 at 2:26am
For those who say there are no real National H3 out there...are you saying that the entire DHS counterfeit checking system is "compromised" and they are able to produce serial numbers that will 'pass' as real when it is actually completely fake non-DHS rubber?

Or that the hologram and serial number is just for show, and if you did check it, it would come back as not valid?

Or that those National H3 (with hologram serial number) are actually provincial versions being passed off as National?

Or that the DHS National H3 that is sold via distributors is (really made by DHS) but is not the same hardness or quality as what the National Team gets so therefore it cannot be considered National version?

I've never bought National H3 before and 'probably' Big smile never will.  In Taiwan the cost is about $50-60 and has the hologram/scratch off number.   I have bought here for ~$30 provincial H3 and H3 neo...it always checked out on the DHS serial number website as real.  
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2020 at 2:16am

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2020 at 1:54am
I dunno Haggis.  Zhang Jike didn't even want to give away his National sheet after his exhibition match with Hou Yingchao.  If a triple crown winner is hanging on to his sheet like that, I don't see anyone else in the CNT wiling to give a real legit sheet away.
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2020 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

That certainly used to be true, but in recent years DHS have been offering limited quantities of these to their official distributors, so it IS possible to get a genuine National H3.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2020 at 10:09am
Originally posted by jekki jekki wrote:

Hi everybody,
i am pretty sure, that my rubber Hurricane 3/National/blue sponge, is a fake. I bought it 4 years ago for 80$. I didn't have any experience how tacky this rubber should be, if it is said "tacky". Just now i know because i could compere it with a real rubber (somebody brought it from China). 
So you have to be careful to buy from ttnpp, although i bought Palio rubber (2 years ago) and it seems to be alright.
Regards

Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2020 at 9:09am
Originally posted by jekki jekki wrote:

Hi everybody,
i am pretty sure, that my rubber Hurricane 3/National/blue sponge, is a fake. I bought it 4 years ago for 80$. I didn't have any experience how tacky this rubber should be, if it is said "tacky". Just now i know because i could compere it with a real rubber (somebody brought it from China). 
So you have to be careful to buy from ttnpp, although i bought Palio rubber (2 years ago) and it seems to be alright.
Regards

Good necro! Don't blame TTNPP, blame DHS.
jekki View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jekki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2020 at 7:09am
Hi everybody,
Regards

bayttplayer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bayttplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2014 at 1:26pm
see my post.

TTNPP..AngryThumbs Down

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=52705&KW=do+not+buy+from+ttnpp&title=do-not-buy-from-ttnpp

Innerforce-ZLC FL + H3 + T80

TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2014 at 4:41am
Originally posted by proSpin proSpin wrote:

Okay, here's an update of my case.
I've shipped the rubber back to ttnpp and they have refunded me the cost of rubber!
The only reason why they accept my reject was because the rubber doesn't tally with the description online as it was printed #20 instead of #22 sponge. Close shave for me as they wouldn't bother refunding me at all if there was no problem in printing. 

Found the following explanation from TTNPP about the label. Probably added after the dispute.

"* about 38' chop and lable :

since 38' is too soft for most of the pro-player , factory usually do not produce 38'. Only a small portion of the sponge will end up in 38' range. And they do not have a chop and lable ready for this hardness. Therefore for all 38', a chop of #20 sponge was used instead. And the labels on the back of the paper package were corrected from other hardness label manually to 38'"

I see many people claim a stamp or serial on one product is genuine so any deviation of that is fake. But people failed to see that DHS is not a company of strict standard as many have believed. Somehow they are the one to blame for the messy situation because of all the non-standard products they keep releasing to the market. Especially on those not meant for export ones.
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2014 at 6:26pm
you can't trust the serial number check all the time, as it has been mentioned earlier, the counterfeit seller can fabricate the serial number these days.

One easier way is to compare it to an authentic rubber (either a commercial one which you can buy the authentic one easily, or a real provincial/national one if you are lucky)

Below is a link I created before to show how to identify a fake TG3 national blue sponge, as I was lucky enough to get a hold of a real one.

N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
Symbole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Symbole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2014 at 4:04pm
I can't..
Symbole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Symbole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2014 at 4:02pm
No i no read china
tazdevil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tazdevil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2014 at 3:49pm
Hi Symbole,

I used the DHS site, it is http://www.dhs-sports.com/portal/   

Do you read Chinese?  You should see a field at the left hand side for you to input the serial number, and the check digits.  The results is in Chinese as well, but you can take a look at my post and if it looks the same, that basically means the serial number enter was manufactured by DHS and it has been queried only once.

Symbole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Symbole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2014 at 3:06pm
Thank you so much
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2014 at 3:02pm
China and other countries in Asia are full of "fakes." In fact, it's difficult to find real merchandise over there. Sometimes, the fake is actually better. Maybe whoever replicated H3 made the sponge softer and lighter! ;-).
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
GMan4911 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMan4911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2014 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by Symbole Symbole wrote:

What is the website to vérification if my hurricane 3 is right ?

http://ttnpp.com/store/content/7-dhs-serial-code-verification
OSP Ultimate II, FH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max BH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max
ITC Challenge Speed, FH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max BH/Powercell Ultra 48 Max
Symbole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Symbole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2014 at 2:51pm
What the website ?
suds79 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suds79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2014 at 2:50pm
All these cases of fake Provincial or National Hurricanes just makes me think I'll just stick with the commercial grade versions and accept the small % difference in play they come with.

SolidEvolution View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SolidEvolution Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2014 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by qualizon qualizon wrote:

I've read in some chinese forum that even the serial number can be fabricated by the counterfeit company

I'm still wondering why the rubber itself isn't a dead give away.
Symbole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Symbole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2014 at 1:57pm
What is the website to vérification if my hurricane 3 is right ?
proSpin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proSpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2014 at 12:08pm
Okay, here's an update of my case.
I've shipped the rubber back to ttnpp and they have refunded me the cost of rubber!
The only reason why they accept my reject was because the rubber doesn't tally with the description online as it was printed #20 instead of #22 sponge. Close shave for me as they wouldn't bother refunding me at all if there was no problem in printing. 
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2014 at 8:08pm
I have bought fake H3 from taobao before and seller did offer a checkable serial for an extra 10 RMB. It did check out alright on DHS website so they are compromised and not 100% reliable. But the fake serial sticker is easy to peel off while the real one can't.

Photo of tazdevil does look genuine. Fake is far from it. Wonder how it play. As these blue sponge H3 are low volume production for local use and not meant for export, their quality control is probably not as strict so difference between batches is not surprising. Many selling H3 without any package, serial or stamp on sponge but people still trust and buy with confidence so the situation is quite messy. As long as it looks genuine and code check out I would tell myself it is a good one and not worry about it.   

Edited by TurboZ - 08/29/2014 at 8:09pm
GMan4911 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMan4911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2014 at 1:18pm
If they peeled off the plastic film from a genuine H3 and applied it to a fake, the film would have wrinkles.

If they pulled the 'serial' # sticker off a genuine H3 and applied it to a fake, the sticker would have wrinkles and/or tears.

If you verify the 'serial' # on their website, the website will warn you IF the 'serial' # had been checked before so you can tell if you have a product with a duplicate 'serial' #.  Otherwise, you get a message saying you have a genuine DHS product.

I would assume/hope the 'serial' # is not just a serial # but a number generated by some algorithm to guarantee that it's unique.  If someone has reported a verified number but still gotten a fake, then DHS's algorithm to generate the numbers has been compromised.  Have there been reports of that nature?

OSP Ultimate II, FH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max BH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max
ITC Challenge Speed, FH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max BH/Powercell Ultra 48 Max
proSpin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proSpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2014 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by tazdevil tazdevil wrote:

Sorry guys, tied up by something, but finally took some pics on the logos.

So if the serial numbers are faked, that would be considered high level fakes with extra work and expenses (assuming that they need to peel off from the commercial version and stick it on)?

If its the case that the rubber is fake but serial numbers matches, it means they fabricate/copy the actual serial numbers. 
Or in this case, i feel they merely bought h3 topsheets and add the fake esponges... In china, anything is possible. 
tazdevil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tazdevil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2014 at 12:20pm
Sorry guys, tied up by something, but finally took some pics on the logos.

So if the serial numbers are faked, that would be considered high level fakes with extra work and expenses (assuming that they need to peel off from the commercial version and stick it on)?

added 2 with different lighting

Edited by tazdevil - 08/29/2014 at 12:34pm
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2014 at 12:55am
I've read in some chinese forum that even the serial number can be fabricated by the counterfeit company
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic