Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nittaku Violoncello/Vioncello?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
topspinplayer2023 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topspinplayer2023 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nittaku Violoncello/Vioncello?
    Posted: 12/04/2023 at 1:22pm
How did the Violoncello with LP/OX/BH work out ?  Thinking i will put Evolution MXP hard 2.1 on the FH, and LP/OX/BH on Violoncello.  Considered putting those rubbers on an old Hock 3 Ply because it has a larger head(Easier to recycle rubbers)  The 3 ply wood hock is probably underpowered though.  It make a great hardbat blade.

Nittaku Musical Shakehand Blade enthusiast. Plan to switch to OX long pips for Backhand.
Sponsored Links

ericto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2020 at 11:20am
i tried it with ox rubbers; dtecs and gangster.  It seemed bit on fast side, but it lacked the funk and disruption i generally get from other blades. And chop blocking gave little reversal.  Looping for me was difficult, like most def blades, smashing was better.  

Defplay Senso - kinda similar i like defplay more

Chen Defender - kinda similar dont like either
Joo Se Hyuk - flared is faster than straight.  I do chop and push blocking at table too fast me

Victs Koji Matsus*ita - tried offensive- more controlled jsk great for classic chopping, not good for at table pips
Innershielf ZLF 
Hadraw Shield
Grubba - the new grubba though all around still bit fast for my ox at table play, but the old grubba pro all minus, discontinued has slightly larger head and is a slow def blade wonderful for ox at the table

The blade depends on style of lp play. My review is based on at table ox play

Edited by ericto - 10/17/2020 at 11:30am
Got to 1600 with long pips Sept 2019;

Trying to get to 1800
kevo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2020 at 2:16pm
Good luck!Wink
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2020 at 3:39pm
I have a violoncello on the way, and I plan to use it for LP/OX/BH and SP/1.8/FH. Wish me luck!!
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
kevo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2020 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

Ha! It's the same as a Violin with more flex and catapult at distance. The Ash outer layer is hard but the blade plays like All+ not exactly a def blade.  Its a little fast to chop with something like P1r but if someone can control Diode V or JSH it will be fine. Its a little slower and softer than JSH. I  dont use ox but the hard outer ply might be good for "reversal". 

Totally agree with this from jpenmaster. Which is good because I bought the Violonocelo I have for sale on here from him a couple of months ago!LOL 

Seriously, the workmanship on this blade, as with all Nittaku blades, is second to none. It is great with OX pips actually, which is what I use. I bought it with the idea of playing a bit farther back from the table but in the end I kept creeping back and the FH, as Jpen says, is much better at a distance. I kept looping off the end etc. So reluctantly I'm selling. I used to use a JSH and it plays similarly but with more feel. One place I differ with jpen is that I think it's quite good with slow Lps like P1R. I used it for awhile--3 or 4 times--with P1R .3 sponge and it chopped like a dream. I felt like Shiono out there. (Too bad I didn't look or play like Shiono out there...)

Edited by kevo - 10/05/2020 at 2:12pm
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2020 at 12:51pm
Yeah, it's hard not to have flex when a blade is so thin . . . unless it's made out of of steel.
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2020 at 9:17am
Ha! It's the same as a Violin with more flex and catapult at distance. The Ash outer layer is hard but the blade plays like All+ not exactly a def blade.  Its a little fast to chop with something like P1r but if someone can control Diode V or JSH it will be fine. Its a little slower and softer than JSH. I  dont use ox but the hard outer ply might be good for "reversal". 

Edited by jpenmaster - 10/05/2020 at 9:18am
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2020 at 12:20am
Come on, this guy has been waiting 4-years for a response. ;-)

Edited by tommyzai - 10/04/2020 at 12:38am
obesechopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obesechopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2016 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

I have 2 at the moment and I used to have 2 innershield zlf. The violoncello has neat low vibes compared to the dead innershield. Both are off- blades. The woody feel of the violoncello is divine. It is supposed to be a bigger faced violin but mine remain at 87 and 88g which is reasonable. It flexes and loops perfect. That compensates for the lack of punch to finish the ball off. I use mx-p 2.0 on the fh. Airoc m 1.9 on the bh. I need more time with it but I can say it is worth every penny I put into it. A keeper for sure. The kind of blade you will miss and buy back as soon as you sell it.
My 2 Tb alc are still my main benchmark but they took a bad hit in terms of pleasure to playing a blade. The Tb alc is a wonderful tool to perform and work. The violoncello will help tremendously keeping the ball on the table and it is still growing in me. The warm feel only adds up to its efficiency. I am glad to be back to all wood blades for a while.

Do you know if it is as fast/hard as the Joo Se Hyuk? 

I tend to prefer the softer feeling blades for chopping. I've not used the TB ALC, but I do have the new innerforce layer alc if those are similar enough to compare. 
obesechopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obesechopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2016 at 7:25am
Anyone have experience with this blade?

It seems to be ticking most of the boxes in my EJ quest! Few vibrations, a bit over sized, not too fast, not too slow.

Can anyone compare this blade to others such as:

Defplay Senso
Xiom Aigis
Chen Defender
Joo Se Hyuk
Kim Kyung Ah
Victs Koji Matsus*ita 
Innershielf ZLF
Hadraw Shield
Grubba

Or even any general reviews of it? In comparison to other non-defensive blades?

Edited by obesechopper - 06/03/2016 at 7:30am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic