Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stiga Arctic Wood

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
HarmonicTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarmonicTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2018 at 8:47am
Just tried the red+black handmade custom blades from levi.... ruby is all wood 5 ply but has insane gears! Slow but fast as hell if you allow yourself to go through the ball. It's my new main for now. Currently have mxp and elp on it in max
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2018 at 10:42am
Originally posted by stancuzi stancuzi wrote:

Clipper is definitely stiffer and faster. I play Celero presently and I'd say it remeinds me of AR Classic Carbon, just a bit faster.
It's still a good blade that gives you nice and clear feel while playing.
Cheers, Stan

what about artic vs clipper?
DLC1325 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLC1325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2018 at 1:38am
After a hiatus, I finally got an Arctic Wood with ST handle, 85g. H2 Neo on both sides.

After a few sessions I would say its hardness and flex is between my Joola Greenline Extreme (Ebony) and the Yinhe E-1 (Koto) I used to have. Not excessively stiff, nor too much flex--probably a bit more on the stiff side.

On some hits it feels quite crispy, yet on others it feels average, and sometimes flat hits are nice, other times they go long. My guess then is that the sweet spot isn't too large, but not terrible.

The feedback is interesting too. Its kind of like the feedback one gets with ESN rubbers in that a snappy feel arises when a proper hit is achieved. Overall, it feels like a Stiga blade, but I actually like this one.

It is also quite a pretty blade, veneers and handle. I like it.

DLC1325 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLC1325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2018 at 1:47am
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

what about artic vs clipper?

I used to have a Samsonov Force Pro Black, not a Clipper specifically, but to compare: 

Arctic is slower and harder, Arctic is probably only a bit more flexy than SFPB, I found Arctic easier to loop with probably due to its lower speed. 

Force Pro Black is the only blade I have ever truly felt like was out of my control zone. That thing was brutally fast. Arctic is much more controllable, and reminds me of a more crisp feeling Eternity.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic