Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

love her style ( Sun Ming Yang )

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kumn812 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kumn812 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: love her style ( Sun Ming Yang )
    Posted: 03/05/2019 at 1:14am
now-JPI-S,FH-stiga genesis M RPB-Shortpips + cypress-s(backup)   looking for tenergy rozena moristo sp and other sp
kumn812 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kumn812 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2019 at 1:18am
now-JPI-S,FH-stiga genesis M RPB-Shortpips + cypress-s(backup)   looking for tenergy rozena moristo sp and other sp
kumn812 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kumn812 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2019 at 1:21am
she may be WR 1 if she can control (little) weight  

her backhand is very impressive
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2019 at 10:56am
Originally posted by kumn812 kumn812 wrote:

Any info about the pips? I think she plays with stiga clipper CRW
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2019 at 12:39pm
I know she's heavyset, but is she fat or just very powerfully built?
Sort of like those shot putters or weight lifters. I say this as she appears to move well enough to cover the playing area with her close-to-the-table style.

>60yo, losing weight 30 pounds to go

Darker Speed90 with T05 and Yinhe moon pro.

When all else fails, there is always delusion.
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2019 at 2:15pm
I think I found a new hero.

I considered running for USATT member at large but decided to remain a USATT large member.
vik2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vik2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2019 at 9:35pm
thicc.

She's the female LJK equivalent. 
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2019 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by vik2000 vik2000 wrote:

thicc.

She's the female LJK equivalent. 

Definitely thick Tongue
mjamja View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2019 at 11:02pm
How would you describe her style?

I have my idea, but will wait for a few other descriptions before I post it.

Mark
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2019 at 8:27am
Originally posted by mjamja mjamja wrote:

How would you describe her style?

I have my idea, but will wait for a few other descriptions before I post it.

Mark
Close to the table, squared up stance, backhand attack and counter hitter, forehand counter spinner, short ball flipper.

I considered running for USATT member at large but decided to remain a USATT large member.
mjamja View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2019 at 12:47pm
I was going to say "Waiting to Pounce".  She just seems to be hanging on (not in control of the point) and then there is a slightly weaker shot or a bad placement and she jumps all over it with a strong attack from either wing.

Mark
vanjr View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2019 at 1:36pm
That is some hard to watch table tennis (kind of how my matches are).
Gambler Hinoki Vector blade; Double inverted. Or some LPs.
igorponger View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2019 at 2:10pm
STEAMHAMMER.

Sun Mingyang 20 y.o., She was recently called upon for CNT on the purpose to emulate Mima Ito's playing style.
She is now the hardest FEMALE puncher amongst CNT, able to generate hand blowshots as strong as Mima's,   some 800 Kilogrammes force, as a steamhummer.

mykonos96 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2019 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

STEAMHAMMER.

Sun Mingyang 20 y.o., She was recently called upon for CNT on the purpose to emulate Mima Ito's playing style.
She is now the hardest FEMALE puncher amongst CNT, able to generate hand blowshots as strong as Mima's,   some 800 Kilogrammes force, as a steamhummer.

Emulate? Sun has been playing that way since ages
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2019 at 8:51am
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

STEAMHAMMER.

If someone walks in an amusement park with a camouflage vest with ammo pouches, maybe it's a good idea to turn them away.
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2019 at 8:58am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bk8hFYMJSU ;  

Not sure what the fuss is all about.  She makes waaay too many unforced errors especially on serve receive... and it's usually on her BH pips side.  Against Wang Manyu, she was ahead 7-0 in the fifth and final set and she almost blew it.

Is Sun Ming Yang a newcomer? If she is, I suspect the rest of the ladies will start dominating her once they get accustomed to her style and rhythm.

I was actually more impressed with Wang Manyu in that video.  If her level keeps going up, I see her winning more major titles.  
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2019 at 8:22am
I thought I figured out how to play without moving but Sun Ming Yang takes it to another level. As a big player, I recognized some of the similar ways she compensates for mobility but I also learned new stuff from watching her. 

I experimented last night using SMY's style at my club, but with an inverted backhand loop and punch. Having zero practice of this style, I defeated two players 3-1 who have been regularly beating me the last couple of months. Instead of my control top spins coming back until I make a mistake, it was attack, counter attack, or flip kill, and it ended the point every time. The biggest factor in my success was that I didn't get tired because I was moving even less. I need to video next time.

mykonos96 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2019 at 10:14am
Originally posted by BeaverMD BeaverMD wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bk8hFYMJSU ;  

Not sure what the fuss is all about.  She makes waaay too many unforced errors especially on serve receive... and it's usually on her BH pips side.  Against Wang Manyu, she was ahead 7-0 in the fifth and final set and she almost blew it.

Is Sun Ming Yang a newcomer? If she is, I suspect the rest of the ladies will start dominating her once they get accustomed to her style and rhythm.

I was actually more impressed with Wang Manyu in that video.  If her level keeps going up, I see her winning more major titles.  

Thats common with player with few experience
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic