Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

2019 WTTC: April 21-28, 2019. Budapest, HUN.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 16>
Author
FruitLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FruitLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2019 at 9:15am
Originally posted by kakapo kakapo wrote:

LSW had her chances in the past but she did’nt manged to win a major title, also Because of DN’s comedy talent...now, I think she is done, less reactive, mentally fragile...I think she is simply still in the team like Ma Lin was in the team the last year he played...respect for the « oldies »....

Ding Ning world number one, defending champion and second place in Marvellous 12 was picked for respect for the oldies?? I've heard it all now.

Imagine a world number 2 not being selected. Merciless. ITTF obviously don't want more Chinese dominance but for China to leave out someone who would be the number one best player by far on any other nation on earth is kind of insane.
kakapo View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2019 at 9:48am
Originally posted by FruitLoop FruitLoop wrote:

LSW had her chances in the past but she did’nt manged to win a major title, also Because of DN’s comedy talent...now, I think she is done, less reactive, mentally fragile...I think she is simply still in the team like Ma Lin was in the team the last year he played...respect for the « oldies »....

Ding Ning world number one, defending champion and second place in Marvellous 12 was picked for respect for the oldies?? I've heard it all now.

Imagine a world number 2 not being selected. Merciless. ITTF obviously don't want more Chinese dominance but for China to leave out someone who would be the number one best player by far on any other nation on earth is kind of insane.

Who is talking about DN selction??? It is only about LSW and ZYL....

I only mentioned DN because she stole the title LSW should have won....
At the end LSW will retire without major titles in hand...

And...I can imagine a world number 2 not being selected since....Zhu Yuling is...N°2 :))

To me, it is scandalous and not deserved for ZYL regarding her work and results in the last 2 years. She is the most regular one.

I mentioned Ma Lin because he messed lots of times before his last WTTC , losing from Robinot, Lenquist, average Japanese players...but they took him because  ??? Maybe because he had never won the WTTC, or because it was his last year ??? At the end he lost in the last 32 without glory....

Edited by kakapo - 03/09/2019 at 10:02am
accoustic carbon inner,fastarc G1 max, feint soft 1,5mm
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2019 at 10:13am

And...I can imagine a world number 2 not being selected since....Zhu Yuling is...N°2 :))

To me, it is scandalous and not deserved for ZYL regarding her work and results in the last 2 years. She is the most regular one.

I mentioned Ma Lin because he messed lots of times before his last WTTC , losing from Robinot, Lenquist, average Japanese players...but they took him because  ??? Maybe because he had never won the WTTC, or because it was his last year ??? At the end he lost in the last 32 without glory....
£

A choker coach  to a choker player
blahness View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2019 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

�£

So savage.....Confused
-------
Tacky rubber lover :)

Stiga Clipper CR

FH: Hurricane 8
BH: Hurricane 3 Neo
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2019 at 11:48am
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

�£

So savage.....Confused

He can explain the science of choking on his own
kakapo View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2019 at 12:25pm
Can you develop what you mean ??? I don’t understand your argumentation .

Edited by kakapo - 03/10/2019 at 12:41pm
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2019 at 4:27pm

Can you develop what you mean ??? I don’t understand your argumentation .

Since ma lin has lost many important matches because he choked he must know  to cope that feeling
Choke: when you suddenly run out of gas and stop playing your game , your mind goes blank
kakapo View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2019 at 2:52am
kindof99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2019 at 1:17pm
About time to re-visit this post again.

WTTC starts next week. Draws will be out this Saturday.
troubadour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troubadour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2019 at 5:40pm
So pumped for this
How many eyes have seen their dreams
Tommy16 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommy16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2019 at 1:32pm
Hi,
This might be a silly question but does anyone know why Germany has only 3 players in mens single while for example Japan has 5?
What is the point of playing safe shots when you can miss with style

My feedback: http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=67171&KW=&PID=811763&title=tommy16-feedback#811763
Charlie Brown View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2019 at 1:37pm
Max 5 per gender entries it's in the prospectus
*sigh*
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2019 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by Tommy16 Tommy16 wrote:

Hi,
This might be a silly question but does anyone know why Germany has only 3 players in mens single while for example Japan has 5?

Your association gets extra slot 1 if you have a player within WR100, and extra slot 2 if you have another player within WR20.

https://www.tischtennis.de/news/individual-wm-2019-spielsystem-tv-zeiten-gegner-statistiken.html
Men's lineup for Germany:
Timo Boll
Dima Ovtcharov
Patrick Franziska
Dang Qiu
Bastian Steger

Edited by zeio - 04/17/2019 at 2:00pm
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2019 at 1:55pm

Hi,
Germany has 5 you must be missing something. 

Boll, Dima, Franziska, Filus, Walther

Seems like the above is outdated:

Edited by NextLevel - 04/17/2019 at 2:02pm
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Boll ALC FL
FH: Fastarc G-1 2.0 B
BH: Fastarc G-1 2.0 R
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes.
Tommy16 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tommy16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2019 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by Charlie Brown Charlie Brown wrote:

Thank you Charlie. That’s what I assumed. I’m still wondering why Germany send only 3 players tough.

My feedback: http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=67171&KW=&PID=811763&title=tommy16-feedback#811763
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2019 at 2:01pm

Originally posted by Charlie Brown Charlie Brown wrote:

Thank you Charlie. That’s what I assumed. I’m still wondering why Germany send only 3 players tough.

Looks like they may be changing their team entries.  When I last checked, it was the tram I had listed but your list Is what shows up now.
Boll ALC FL
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2019 at 2:01pm
Don't trust the info on the ITTF site. Ya, the official site sucks.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2019 at 2:04pm
yeah, Dang Duda and Steger are registered so some will play doubles and others singles.  Maybe Dima and Duda in doubles or something. 
Boll ALC FL
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2019 at 2:05pm

Hi,
================

On men's side, Germany is eligible to send 5 players. But, Germany chooses to send only 3.

Rule (Singles):
Each Association can send 3 players (per gender).
If that association has a player in top 100 - can send one more. (That will make it 4 players.)
If that same association also has a player in top 20 - can send one more. (That will make it 5 players.)
(The hosting country can send one more player.)

Because Timo and Dima, Germany is eligible to send 5. (But they choose to send only 3.)

Edited by skip3119 - 04/17/2019 at 2:27pm
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2019 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

Because Timo and Dima, Germany is eligible to send 5. (But they choose to send only 3.)

The German selection was finalized only yesterday - see tischtennis.de.

Einzel: Timo Boll (Borussia Düsseldorf), Dimitrij Ovtcharov (Fakel Orenburg, Russland), Patrick Franziska (1. FC Saarbrücken TT), Dang Qiu (ASV Grünwettersbach), Bastian Steger (SV Werder Bremen)

Doppel: Timo Boll/Patrick Franziska, Dang Qiu/Bastian Steger

Mixed: Patrick Franziska/Petrissa Solja, Dang Qiu/Nina Mittelham

NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2019 at 3:18pm
https://www.ittf.com/2019/04/17/bastian-steger-completes-german-selection/

Finalized. Seems the prior entries were preliminary. 
Boll ALC FL
Tommy16 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommy16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2019 at 3:23pm
Thank you guys!I knew that I can count on you:).

mykonos96 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2019 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

Hi,
================

On men's side, Germany is eligible to send 5 players. But, Germany chooses to send only 3.

Rule (Singles):
Each Association can send 3 players (per gender).
If that association has a player in top 100 - can send one more. (That will make it 4 players.)
If that same association also has a player in top 20 - can send one more. (That will make it 5 players.)
(The hosting country can send one more player.)

Why filus wont play?  I Doubt dang can beat filus
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2019 at 11:02pm

Internal qualifying, round 1:  

Dang Qiu – Ruwen Filus 3:2 (11,5,-10,-9,8)
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2019 at 2:42am
Originally posted by amateur amateur wrote:

Internal qualifying, round 1:  

Dang Qiu – Ruwen Filus 3:2 (11,5,-10,-9,8)
Oofffff
Butterfly Zhang Jike ALC
Nittaku Hurricane Pro 3 Turbo Orange
Andro Hexer Powergrip
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
Simas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2019 at 6:41am
this is the link which channels will be broadcasting to what countries: 

https://www.ittf.com/wp-content/uplo.../WTTC-Geos.pdf

So if your country is not listed, you can watch it on ittf.com. Or use VPN Clap
Stiga Offensive Classic Legend
DHS Hurricane Neo3
Donic Bluefire JP01 Turbo
DonnOlsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2019 at 12:29pm
Hi,

Among the questions I have that I do hope will be answered at this World's, the number one question for me is this: Can a non-Chinese player beat Harimoto?  I say yes.  Whether they do or not, we will see.  All will be peaking for this event, so there is a quality chance of an answer.  There will be only several chances for this to occur, as the Chinese will be ever creeping through the draw until they come upon our Wonder Boy, but some evidence of his standing within the non-Chinese world will surface.

Thanks,
Donn

F = ma The most useful physical law every devised.
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2019 at 12:38pm
Certainly he can be beaten by a non-Chinese.  He was twice beaten by Liam Pitchford. He was also beaten by Timo Boll and Mattias Falck.

Pressure changes everything.  I believe this is his first World Championship.  The great Xu Xin had to deal with tremendous pressure at the Rio Olympics where he lost to Jun Mizutani.
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2019 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by pongfugrasshopper pongfugrasshopper wrote:

Certainly he can be beaten by a non-Chinese.  He was twice beaten by Liam Pitchford. He was also beaten by Timo Boll and Mattias Falck.

Pressure changes everything.  I believe this is his first World Championship.  The great Xu Xin had to deal with tremendous pressure at the Rio Olympics where he lost to Jun Mizutani.
th made it to the 1/4 and lost xx in 2017 WTTC, he was 13yo.
Thuro_Wexston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thuro_Wexston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2019 at 12:53pm
It is not good communication skills ( & somewhat insulting) to use acronyms such  ASK, SS , SG, AAA, MB for some Chinese players as if we are all supposed to know that they are some sort of Gods & Godesses .  As far as I am concerned there is only one God RB and one Goddess AR

If you can decode all 7 above correctly,  I promise to leave the forum forever until I return again 

Edited by Thuro_Wexston - 04/19/2019 at 12:59pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 16>
  Share Topic