Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2019 Asia cup, Apr. 5-7, Japan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2019 at 5:27am
I planned to write more on this but I'm beat after subbing a long video. I'll just post this here.

http://sports.sohu.com/20130521/n376548943.shtml
Quote   “马龙崩溃的原因在于他没有摆�£位置,”刘国梁开门见山地说,“我问张继科为什么打王皓总是这么好,他说我只有跟王皓打才是最不紧张的,因为我一直觉得王皓一直比我�£�,赢了他也觉得比我�£�。反过来,王皓在世锦赛半决赛赢过马龙两次,但是看得出来马龙昨天比王皓重,拿一些公开赛成绩就背上了包袱,但王皓呢,赛前怎么说,赛前跟樊振东、闫安说只要见二就是胜利,下来队员说你不是讲赢两局吗,王皓说赢了两局就收不住了。所以说这种心态变化对技术的影响,大赛打的就是心里。”

"The reason for Ma Long's collapse is that he didn't position himself right," said Liu Guoliang at the beginning. "I asked Zhang Jike why he always plays so well against Wang Hao. He said that I'm the least nervous when I play with Wang Hao, because I always see Wang Hao as superior to me, and I still feel that way even if I beat him. In turn, Wang Hao has beaten Ma Long twice in the semi-final of the World Championships, but I can see that Ma Long had more burden than Wang Hao yesterday, that he was bothered by some of the results in the Opens. Yet for Wang Hao, you know what he said? Before the match he told Fan Zhendong and Yan An that getting 2[games] means victory. Afterwards, the teammates asked him didn't you say 2 games only? Wang Hao replied saying he couldn't stop after taking 2 games. So this is the impact of mental changes on techniques. This is what major tournament is all about."

Edited by zeio - 04/09/2019 at 5:31am
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2019 at 7:05am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Lin Yun Ju hasn't beaten any CNT players

Edited by slevin - 04/09/2019 at 7:22am
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2019 at 9:06am
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Lin Yun Ju hasn't beaten any CNT players

I think we have established he has beaten players not in the top tier already.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Boll ALC FL
FH: Fastarc G-1 2.0 B
BH: Fastarc G-1 2.0 R
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2019 at 9:18am
Originally posted by Tt Gold Tt Gold wrote:

I think there needs to be put a lot of value on these big events in this case, because Ma long on the tour didn't  equal Ma Long on in the Wttc. 

I didn't say that you shouldn't. I said that Ma Long was getting to the semis and finals of those events he wasn't winning so the gap is not as huge as you make out.  He wasn't going out in the early rounds (unlike say Boll at the 2012 Olympics).  He was also unlucky as one of the first players to deal with the 2 players limit for the Olympics.  I am just saying that if you look at the consistency at all events even if you weight the large events more you will see that Ma Long was just a great player, and that 3 matches(the WTTC semis) where he just clearly developed major psychological problems by the third match are being weighted over a much larger body of performance in your statement.  And that larger body of performance still includes quality results.   He had 3 WTTC bronze medals on a row.  One WTTC bronze is the highlight of some people's careers.

China just has so many great players that they all devalue each other unless you take a broader perspective,  me thinks.

I think sometimes it makes sense to ask the players themselves what they think.   I don't think any of them doubts Ma Long as being the best of them even with all his issues earlier in his career.  He just used to put too much pressure on himself. 

Edited by NextLevel - 04/09/2019 at 9:23am
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Boll ALC FL
FH: Fastarc G-1 2.0 B
BH: Fastarc G-1 2.0 R
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes.
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2019 at 10:10am
What really impressed me in ML is his ability to make very drastic decisions that completely revamp his game even when he was already at the top, alone or not. Going for a softer Hurricane on the bh is one of those huge turning points in his career and he made that switch very late. That's incredible, you would think people reaching his level can't make such wide wild turns, they do! 
Being able to question ourselves in a constant self examination is hard and he can still do it at the very top, from that perspective he never stopped being an ordinary club player and it partially explains why we find him so likable, he is very close to us in fact.
blahness View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2019 at 10:25am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

What really impressed me in ML is his ability to make very drastic decisions that completely revamp his game even when he was already at the top, alone or not. Going for a softer Hurricane on the bh is one of those huge turning points in his career and he made that switch very late. That's incredible, you would think people reaching his level can't make such wide wild turns, they do! 
Being able to question ourselves in a constant self examination is hard and he can still do it at the very top, from that perspective he never stopped being an ordinary club player and it partially explains why we find him so likable, he is very close to us in fact.

Not just the switch to hurricane, but he also made a complete change in his BH and FH technique to something healthier some time after the 2014 world cup! Guy's a genius who can reroute his neural pathways like a piece of cake LOLLOLLOL
-------
Tacky rubber lover :)

Stiga Clipper CR

FH: Hurricane 8
BH: Hurricane 3 Neo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic