Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Lovely Viscaria ST 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2019 at 11:08am
Originally posted by Lula Lula wrote:

How was it not like you expected?

I expected more power from this blade.  It's mostly my fault.  I knew that the Viscaria is a 25+ years design for 38mm ball, but I expected too much from it.  It plays well near the table, but it doesn't have the power at 5 feet (~1.5m) away from the table.
SPEEDY
timoboll89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timoboll89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2019 at 1:32pm
it doesnt have power because its 84 grams. 
I play with a 94 gr viscaria and its a rocket
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2019 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by timoboll89 timoboll89 wrote:

it doesnt have power because its 84 grams. 
I play with a 94 gr viscaria and its a rocket

The new model with 94 grams?
SPEEDY
timoboll89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timoboll89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2019 at 4:35pm
no its a 2nd serie
symbat View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote symbat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2019 at 1:17pm
How was the blade overall?  How was the control?  Topspin of underspin balls?   Also, as for the speed, what other blade is the speed similar to?

I mostly play close to the table, so speed and power from away from the table does not matter as much to me.

I am looking for a blade that is good for close to the table, has a ST handle and weighs between 84-86gr.

Thank you...

Edited by symbat - 05/06/2019 at 1:19pm
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2019 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by symbat symbat wrote:

How was the blade overall?  How was the control?  Topspin of underspin balls?   Also, as for the speed, what other blade is the speed similar to?

I mostly play close to the table, so speed and power from away from the table does not matter as much to me.

I am looking for a blade that is good for close to the table, has a ST handle and weighs between 84-86gr.

Thank you...

If you play mostly close to the table, then this blade is still good.  It starts losing power when you are moving out.  Viscaria is really good for all types of topspin games, especially close to the table.
SPEEDY
symbat View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote symbat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2019 at 11:23am
Thanks Speedy.  

I have an 84gr ST on the way and I will see how she plays.  I have an 82gr Liu Shiwen ST and the weight works well for me, especially with the larger head size and more weight in the rubbers.   I hope the ST handles are the same on these two blades.   From what I have found online, the dimensions should be the same.
windysummer1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windysummer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2019 at 8:11pm
I guess that’s why nobody is selling their vis st cause everyone is liking and keeping theirs 
My feedback
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=79696
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2019 at 10:27pm
I think anyone who thinks a Viscaria is too slow for play with the current ball just needs to use it a bit longer.  There is no universe in which this blade is too anemic away from the table.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2019 at 12:43am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

I think anyone who thinks a Viscaria is too slow for play with the current ball just needs to use it a bit longer.  There is no universe in which this blade is too anemic away from the table.

Playing styles are different.  If you see the player who made that statement's playing style, his statement might make sense.  In general, since the whole CNT is using Viscarias, you are obviously right.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Korbel ST
FH: Fastarc C-1 2.0 B
BH: Fastarc C-1 2.0 R
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2019 at 6:20am
Any blade that light would feel slow...
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2019 at 10:16am
No offense to anyone, but I used over 300 different blades.  I can tell if they are slow or not.  If you take times to use a blade, meaning you are adapting to it.  The blade doesn't change.  You will change your strokes and angle of impacts to make the ball go as fast as possible.

CNT is using Viscarias.  Ok, I got it.  So, I have three questions (1) are we 100% sure that they are using exactly what we are buying on the market? (2) Do we/they boost their rubbers? (3) Do you think that we have the same ability to do what CNT is doing?

Again, no offense to anyone, I tested the blade with Tenergy 64 and H3 "National" without boosting the rubbers.  So, when I said "slow", I am comparing to other blades (i.e. MJ ZLC, TB ZLC, etc...)

Having said that, I am keeping my Viscarias LOL  They are beautiful.
SPEEDY
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2019 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by speedy speedy wrote:

No offense to anyone, but I used over 300 different blades.  I can tell if they are slow or not.  If you take times to use a blade, meaning you are adapting to it.  The blade doesn't change.  You will change your strokes and angle of impacts to make the ball go as fast as possible.

CNT is using Viscarias.  Ok, I got it.  So, I have three questions (1) are we 100% sure that they are using exactly what we are buying on the market? (2) Do we/they boost their rubbers? (3) Do you think that we have the same ability to do what CNT is doing?

Again, no offense to anyone, I tested the blade with Tenergy 64 and H3 "National" without boosting the rubbers.  So, when I said "slow", I am comparing to other blades (i.e. MJ ZLC, TB ZLC, etc...)

Having said that, I am keeping my Viscarias LOL  They are beautiful.
I am with Speedy on this one.
I've tried so many viscarias and always wondered why this blade is liked so much.
Recently a club mate purchased a "$2000"-25 year old -first generation viscaria that was allegedly verified by butterfly that it was the first gen of viscaria made. Feels good, sure. It feels slow to me LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic