FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Butterfly Dignics 05 Reviews?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2019 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by sidespinBH sidespinBH wrote:

Originally posted by ericd937 ericd937 wrote:

Second session today with Dignics on the backhand. Its super easy to play this rubber on that wing. Very very good. 

How are the blocks with d05 compared to ten 05 ? 
Is it easier to play and counter ? 
Pushes and touches are any better ? 

How does it compare to t05 on FH , is it better ?

I don't particularly like T05 to be honest. So, I would say everything is better with Dignics vs T05. Counters, Looping backspin, pushes, and shot game are all better with Dignics. The only area I can think of that T05 might beat out Dignics is ease of spin production on serves. Thats it. Dignics is a much better rubber in my opinion. But, keep in mind this is coming from someone who doesn't really like T05. 
Current Setup:
Sittiho Hinoki ALC, Baracuda(max), Dignics 05(max)
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: Bad Day ~ 1900 Good Day ~ 2100 (In Asia since 2015, no USATT events here)
vik2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vik2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2019 at 11:24pm

Originally posted by sidespinBH sidespinBH wrote:

Second session today with Dignics on the backhand. Its super easy to play this rubber on that wing. Very very good. 

How are the blocks with d05 compared to ten 05 ? 
Is it easier to play and counter ? 
Pushes and touches are any better ? 

How does it compare to t05 on FH , is it better ?

I don't particularly like T05 to be honest. So, I would say everything is better with Dignics vs T05. Counters, Looping backspin, pushes, and shot game are all better with Dignics. The only area I can think of that T05 might beat out Dignics is ease of spin production on serves. Thats it. Dignics is a much better rubber in my opinion. But, keep in mind this is coming from someone who doesn't really like T05. 

What were you using prior to D05? It sounds like T05 is just too soft for you and you needed a bit harder rubber. 
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2019 at 11:31pm
I was using T80. 
Current Setup:
Current estimated level: Bad Day ~ 1900 Good Day ~ 2100 (In Asia since 2015, no USATT events here)
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2019 at 11:36pm
Well, I was using T80 on forehand and Baracuda on backhand. Initially, I played Dignics in replacement of the T80 on forehand, but eventually figured out that it had more benefit on the backhand side. So, I simply flipped my paddle around and it has stayed that way ever since. The main reason that I initially decided to try Dignics on backahnd is because I felt my forehand serves were slightly inferior with Dignics. With Baracuda, its a bit easier to generate spin on service. I thought about twiddling, but I don't really like doing that. 

Edited by ericd937 - 06/04/2019 at 11:42pm
Current Setup:
koshkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2019 at 10:36am
Quick durability update.

I put a new sheet of D05 on the FH and new sheet of T05 on the BH at around the same time a couple of months ago.  I do not practice very consistently, but I do practice and I am pretty hard on rubbers.

D05 after the first couple of practices softened slightly and stayed the same after that.  T05 lost just a little bit of its topsheet bite and then settled in as well.

Both rubbers are still playing well. Visually, T05 has some signs of wear.  D05 looks quite unmolested.

We'll see how it goes further.

ILya 
BTY Mazunov ST
FH: D05, red, 2.1
BH: T05, black, 2.1
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic