FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Butterfly Dignics 05 review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
lineup32 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2019 at 11:30am
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

For me when I reviewed D05 I use T05 as a benchmark and way to describe D05. Unfortunately some may be mislead. These rubbers are quite different. I personally don't put them in the same family and neither did Butterfly. What ever compound they are using on the  top sheet makes it feel quite different. It has more gears and is less bouncy. T05 for me is a great rubber but it wasnt the most forgiving in the slower and mid range shots. D05 is easier to play in these ranges and It's strangely faster on the top end . 

That's my impression after using a RED 2.1 sheet on my BH last night in league play and I had no practice time with it before.   My normal setup is T05H two sides but D05 is different including the sponge construction and Top Sheet.
Overall it works with the new ball really well. Smooth, easy to use, reminded me of playing with the 40 ball.
My setup: OFF- custom Levi on the freq chart 1273

Edited by lineup32 - 04/13/2019 at 12:41pm
DonnOlsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2019 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by NDH NDH wrote:

How is it an ad hominem argument?

By the very nature of this sport there is an incredible amount of personal feeling involved.

Every person who reviews something has every right to state what their opinion is, but due to the range of abilities and techniques, this will inevitably lead to a difference of opinion.

Otherwise, we might as well just compare the Butterfly stats, and overlook the marketing angle......

I have always championed people to put their playing level online through video. It's not to discredit them, but to gauge where they are coming from.

If someone says "it's SO much better in the serve", and then you see that their serves are awful anyway...... You can make your own mind up about how much value you put in that particular opinion.

So yeah, this is a personal subject, because people's ability does matter when it comes to reviews.

Have you used Dignics yourself?

"How is it an ad hominem argument?"

"At the end of the day, anyone can talk a good game behind a keyboard. You can sound like a professional coach with years of experience if you’ve read enough." 

Donn

F = ma The most useful physical law every devised.
NDH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NDH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2019 at 4:46pm
I’m not really sure what you are arguing here?

What I said is a fact, it’s not aimed at anyone individually, but it’s a limitation of the sport we play given the massive range of equipment and ability level. 

I’ve seen first hand, members post about equipment and technique, and then when they finally post a video, they are a very low level player. 

Again, their opinion is welcomed, but you have to take it for what it is. 

If someone says “Dignics is too uncontrollable”, you really want to know what kind of level that person is, so you can make a judgement of how that may fit into your game. 

I’ve made my comments on my own first hand experience with Dignics, and all you seem to want to do is pull my arguments apart, without offering a first hand account yourself? 

I’m not sure why you feel that way, but probably best to leave it there. 

Have a good day.
donS7er View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donS7er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2019 at 4:55pm
 Due the throw angle.. Can u compare D05 with T80 ?  And maybe other properties..

Im using timo alc with fh T05H bh T80 ... I want to try D05 but not sure its for my Fh/Bh ..

Or maybe somebody can give me an answer ..

Thaks
https://www.facebook.com/dons7er
igorponger View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2019 at 5:23pm
Harimoto, progidy boy, remains faithul to Tenergy 05 unboosted.

"Do not toggle, unless broken,"
-- his father used to say many times.

Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2019 at 5:37pm
harimoto is using d05 on forehand
Butterfly Apolonia Zlc FL
Tenergy 05 Max FH/BH
USATT Level around 2300
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2019 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

Do not post when you drink
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2019 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by hunkeelin hunkeelin wrote:

Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

For any equipment, different levels of players will feel differently about it. 

I'm pretty sure i'm among the more qualify players in this forum to review rubbers. 

Let's hope so because your history of statements on blades is pretty whacko tbh.
---------
With that said, I'm not ever paying that much for a sheet of rubber. 

Edited by Baal - 04/13/2019 at 9:38pm
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2019 at 9:33am
2nd day practice it is more like rozena topsheet. it wont replace 05 whatsoever. very few people would use it!
Butterfly Apolonia Zlc FL
Tenergy 05 Max FH/BH
USATT Level around 2300
Nelt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2019 at 1:33pm
1 weak trainings with dignics, and I completely agree with Mickael. This is not similar with Tenergy series, less bouncy, but you need to work like with hurricane and you have same benefits like playing tacky rubber: nice short game and very linear, but very unforgiving.
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2019 at 1:55pm
If this rubber can give the advantage of a national h3 boosted, and I am skilled enough to take advantage of it, then I would use it on both sides.
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2019 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

I thought he said “don’t fix what ain't broken “, but I could be wrong.  
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2019 at 3:37pm
Nelt and Mickael which blades are using with D05 ?
Kenta ALC T05H/T05
Nelt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2019 at 11:19pm
Apolonia Zlc /d05 /t05fx
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2019 at 5:18am
I've had a single 3-hour session with D05, red, 2.1.  It didn't seem so different to T05 overall, but I thought there were two noticeable features.  The first was that it felt a bit more linear in terms of catapult.  It's still got plenty of zip, but the low gear seems a bit more sedate and easy to manage.  The second was that the initial bite on the topsheet feels better to me - it's more forgiving on lower-quality or very thin contacts.  This made it incredibly good on banana receive in the short game - probably the best I've ever used, on reflection.

The price is almost impossible to justify in my mind.  It seems like an excellent rubber, some minor tweaks on T05 which add in some areas and probably take away in others.  It can't earn the 30% premium over T05, a rubber which is already very expensive, unless it's has the durability to last until the heat death of the universe.  I'll report again in a few billion years.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2019 at 3:02pm
Heat death of the universe? No way, a big crunch is coming ahead and we'll all get back closer to the table instead of playing beheaded chicken 15 feet away from the table Mattenet style.
Nelt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2019 at 3:53pm
When someone try to attack you with a lot of spin far away from a table, and you can counter loop on table - Dignics give you a lot of feeling and control with amazing amount of speed and spin. But! Dignics hates slow and passive strokes. Nice rubber for active playing. 

PS plz forgive me my low level of English. Try to do my best. 
idk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2019 at 7:37pm

Any Japanese speakers able to translate some or all of this video?
W7 baby
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic