Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Ask Rising Swedish Star Truls Möregårdh Question
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ask Rising Swedish Star Truls Möregårdh Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tabletennis11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabletennis11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ask Rising Swedish Star Truls Möregårdh Question
    Posted: 04/13/2019 at 4:05am
The Swedish wunderkind, Truls Möregårdh, is on his way to meet with TableTennis11 and he wants to answer YOUR questions! When he arrives, he will be answering questions about himself and anything related. To ask a question for a chance to win the prize of a shirt from the Swedish National Team with Möregårdh's signature, send your question to [email protected] with the subject Question for Truls. You can sign your email with your real name or an online nickname but it is preferred that you use a name that is easily pronounceable. All questions must be sent there as questions posted here or anywhere else will not be accepted.

Please make sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel to make sure that you don't miss the interview!

Check out our channel on YouTube Here

Questions are being accepted up to Saturday April 20th.

Thanks everyone!

Edited by tabletennis11 - 04/13/2019 at 4:10am
vik2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vik2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2019 at 6:27pm
I'm afraid the questions I ask him will make him smash his bat and terminate the interview. 
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2019 at 8:41pm
Are you ready to go 100% and understand that school is important but 100% focus on the goal is too? I am asking because many people think that for a teenager, studies are more important but if that is true, it means NOT 100% focus and so never achieving the goal to reach the top; because other competitors don't waste time about thinking about anything else and they'll have that not so tiny advantage. The glorious life of a professional player makes it so when the competitive days are over, there is a lot of lucrative game related work available, Jean-Philippe Gatien does not sleep under bridges for example. Are you ready to go 100% and only think about the goal?
pingpungpeng View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2019 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

Are you ready to go 100% and understand that school is important but 100% focus on the goal is too? I am asking because many people think that for a teenager, studies are more important but if that is true, it means NOT 100% focus and so never achieving the goal to reach the top; because other competitors don't waste time about thinking about anything else and they'll have that not so tiny advantage. The glorious life of a professional player makes it so when the competitive days are over, there is a lot of lucrative game related work available, Jean-Philippe Gatien does not sleep under bridges for example. Are you ready to go 100% and only think about the goal?

this modern attitude of 

"give your 500.000% and you will be successful at anything you choose"

is creating a very angry resented society.

everybody repeats your phrase, everybody tries their 100%.
only a few are successful.
the rest drown in alcohol and sorrow.

Edited by pingpungpeng - 04/13/2019 at 10:59pm
tabletennis11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabletennis11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2019 at 10:37pm

Hi Fatt, all questions must be emailed as stated in the OP or he will never see it!
Simon_plays View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2019 at 4:17am
Originally posted by pingpungpeng pingpungpeng wrote:

this modern attitude of 

LOL

Beer me. Wink
FruitLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FruitLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2019 at 7:30pm

He already quit school.
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2019 at 7:49pm

this modern attitude of 

Tell me a-hips-bout it. I agree with you with a caveat. Your modern analytical vision assumes all people want to win a game plenty people are not playing. I am thinking of those who are not competitive and are perfectly happy about it. They are not ambitious, live in perfect harmony with the rest of the universe and practice their trade at an ever unchanging pace. They are far more numerous than we think. Ambition is so overrated! Competitive table tennis is for people who have chosen the path of "kill or be killed" in the context of a sport and extrapolating to the whole society is unfair, but I get that you just wanted to land onto the sorrow joke.

Edited by fatt - 04/14/2019 at 7:50pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2019 at 10:04pm

this modern attitude of 

Tell me a-hips-bout it. I agree with you with a caveat. Your modern analytical vision assumes all people want to win a game plenty people are not playing. I am thinking of those who are not competitive and are perfectly happy about it. They are not ambitious, live in perfect harmony with the rest of the universe and practice their trade at an ever unchanging pace. They are far more numerous than we think. Ambition is so overrated! Competitive table tennis is for people who have chosen the path of "kill or be killed" in the context of a sport and extrapolating to the whole society is unfair, but I get that you just wanted to land onto the sorrow joke.

the amount of non competitive non ambitious men worldwide is extremely small.

everybody who plays a tournament in USATT is trying their best to win.
everybody in their jobs is trying their best to be the best worker and get ascended.
but in most cases you land somewhere in the middle... if you are lucky.
most people land in the bottom.
that's why it's a pyramid.

the "give your 100% and you will succeed" message is simply a lie.
but it keeps the slaves/workers giving their 100%.
that's why the people in power repeat it so much.

Edited by pingpungpeng - 04/14/2019 at 10:06pm
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2019 at 10:15pm
Keep in mind that when I asked "Are you ready to go 100%", I did not say it's a warranty of success, I only meant that if he is not, other are and so have an advantage. 
Of course it's a pyramid and if we reasonably assume those on top gave their 100%, it is logical to ask that question and answer clearly when envisioning a professional endeavor, no clear answer means lying to self.
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2019 at 10:23am
@pingpungpeng that's because people don't give 100%. Not even close. 
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2019 at 10:37am
Originally posted by Tt Gold Tt Gold wrote:

@pingpungpeng that's because people don't give 100%. Not even close. 

Sure. Youth is a beautiful thing.  Let's just say that you can give 100% effort and still suck.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Boll ALC FL
FH: Fastarc G-1 2.0 B
BH: Fastarc G-1 2.0 R
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes.
YoAss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoAss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2019 at 10:41am
Dislike this "100%" talk.  It's an inappropriate frame.

You always and without exception do one thing whilst and and at the same time (thanks, o great Gonzo) doing other things as well.  It's not a single activitity, and people's performance is not a simple one-dimensional thing.

Do you train "100%", then rest/recover "100%", and sleep "100%"?  Hit a ball at "100%", then make that hop at "100%" and pause to breathe at "100%"?  I would certainly hope not, and point you towards somebody offering professional help if you do.  Because you badly need it, if you think you do.

Edited by YoAss - 04/15/2019 at 10:41am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2019 at 11:20am
good thing about being a motivator is when the guy fails it was always his fault.
truls is not olympic and world champion because he didn't give 100% LOL

Edited by pingpungpeng - 04/15/2019 at 11:21am
igorponger View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2019 at 12:02pm

Moregard's best achievment (score) with BATAK machine ?????
mycuzinvinny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycuzinvinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2019 at 12:10pm
Question I sent:

Truls, what is one difficult hurdle in your training or competition that you had to face and how did you achieve getting past it?  What would you recommend to other table tennis players to get over a similar situation?
Donic Epox Offensive
Tenergy 05 FX Max (FH and BH)
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2019 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by YoAss YoAss wrote:

You always and without exception do one thing whilst and and at the same time (thanks, o great Gonzo) doing other things as well.  It's not a single activitity, and people's performance is not a simple one-dimensional thing.

Do you train "100%", then rest/recover "100%", and sleep "100%"?  Hit a ball at "100%", then make that hop at "100%" and pause to breathe at "100%"?  I would certainly hope not, and point you towards somebody offering professional help if you do.  Because you badly need it, if you think you do.
+1. The reason why I don't like this 100% thing is that almost no one goes for the 100%. To go 100% one has to go through so much to even get close to it. If you look at the squat exercise, there are so many people that squad hard in the gym, but if you want to see someone go close to 100%, check out Tom platz. He has a 100% mentality, that is actually very close to what he did.
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2019 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by Tt Gold Tt Gold wrote:

Originally posted by YoAss YoAss wrote:

+1. The reason why I don't like this 100% thing is that almost no one goes for the 100%. To go 100% one has to go through so much to even get close to it. If you look at the squat exercise, there are so many people that squad hard in the gym, but if you want to see someone go close to 100%, check out Tom platz. He has a 100% mentality, that is actually very close to what he did.
100% focus on table tennis means a myriad of different activities but all supporting one and one only goal. There is nutrition/hydration, practicing at the table, sleep, stretching, the gym, jump rope, deep tissue massages, running, mental and self awareness training, diction and communication training, sponsorship hunting, contracts signing...
My point is at that level, anything that does not support the goal is undeserving of time.
Before another tunnel and stroboscopic vision mentions this, I should precise that of course, going out with friends and inviting a sweetheart to the movies is supporting the goal because those activities are necessary for mental balance and decompression; just like going on a hike or spending the weekend in the country with the family.
Going 100% does not mean not having a life, it's just about utter commitment and focus, chasing the waste of time that lurks at every corner of a young gun's life.

Edited by fatt - 04/15/2019 at 6:25pm
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2019 at 6:20pm
I agree, mental wellbeing is important for performance too. But doing something like going to the movies or meeting people and so on, is only good in moderation. If you lose balance you start wasting "time" for the goal you're having. But I wouldn't call someone dedicating himself to something "not having a life". In the case of professional players like Ma lin for example, table tennis was their "life. At the end of the day you can spend your time however you wish to spend it. But I still thing that there are differences in the quality of something like happiness or joy. Maybe you play video games all day for years and you feel happy. That sort of happiness cannot be compared to other kinds of happiness though. I think the harder it is for you to reach something that you want, the more happy it will make you. 
Simas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2019 at 7:09am
Don't want to sound disrespectful or unappreciative, but I never understood t-shirt prizes..  what to do with a t-shirt? Hang it in the closet together with your other clothes? could you change the prize to smth like a blade with a signature (any Stiga blade would do the job), because you can put the blade on the shelf/wall, store in the box or even play if you feel like to... and wait till Truls becomes world no.1 :)

question sent :) 
Stiga Offensive Classic Legend
DHS Hurricane Neo3
Donic Bluefire JP01 Turbo
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic