Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Rakza 7 Soft lost its bounce

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pitigoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pitigoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Rakza 7 Soft lost its bounce
    Posted: 04/18/2019 at 9:16am
After 100 hours of play, the rubber became less bouncy, and the surface shows some signs of wear and tear. But it still grips the ball and the lost of bounce seems uniform to me (as opposed to another tensor, who lost its bounce only on part of the paddle).

Do you continue using it in this circumstances? (I see guys with 5y old Tenergies)
Right hand: Stiga Allround NCT (74g) /Rasant Grip max/Talon OX red (total 135g)
Left hand: Stiga Allround WRB (71g)/Vega Europe max/Innova Ultra Light max (total 153g)
Fitness Friendship Fun
JohnnyChop View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2019 at 11:40am
I normally put abit baby oil on the surface and boost the sponge abit... To get one more month out of it 
Yasaka Rakza PO Yasaka Ebony Carbon Yasaka Rakza X   
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2019 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by pitigoi pitigoi wrote:

After 100 hours of play, the rubber became less bouncy, and the surface shows some signs of wear and tear. But it still grips the ball and the lost of bounce seems uniform to me (as opposed to another tensor, who lost its bounce only on part of the paddle).

Do you continue using it in this circumstances? (I see guys with 5y old Tenergies)

Tenergy does have a long life, but I suspect either they are not playing often or the rubber is well past its prime. 

If you got a good 100 hours of life out of rakza 7 soft and can afford it I say it is time to get a new sheet. Or get a couple of identical setups and alternate. 100 hours is decent imo. 
Gambler Hinoki Vector blade; Double inverted. Or some LPs.
ericd937 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2019 at 8:31pm
100 hours of play over how much time? I feel that the loss of catapult is both related to use and passing of time. Even if you don't play at all, the sponge will lose its oomph after certain amount of time passes. If it lasted 100 hours over 3 months, I would say that's pretty good. If you played 100 hours in 3 weeks and the sponge is dead, I would say that is terrible. See what I mean?  
Current Setup:
Sittiho Hinoki ALC, T80(max), Baracuda(max)
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: Bad Day ~ 1900 Good Day ~ 2100 (In Asia since 2015, no USATT events here)
pitigoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pitigoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2019 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by ericd937 ericd937 wrote:

100 hours of play over how much time? I feel that the loss of catapult is both related to use and passing of time. Even if you don't play at all, the sponge will lose its oomph after certain amount of time passes. If it lasted 100 hours over 3 months, I would say that's pretty good. If you played 100 hours in 3 weeks and the sponge is dead, I would say that is terrible. See what I mean?  

100 hours over 7 months. Also, I cannot hit too hard with my left hand and often play with those not hitting that hard.

But to rephrase my original question: is it worth to continue playing with it? (I have a Vega Europe as a replacement). So far I got a "no" opinion.

Edited by pitigoi - 04/18/2019 at 8:45pm
Right hand: Stiga Allround NCT (74g) /Rasant Grip max/Talon OX red (total 135g)
Left hand: Stiga Allround WRB (71g)/Vega Europe max/Innova Ultra Light max (total 153g)
Fitness Friendship Fun
ericd937 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2019 at 8:46pm
7 months is a long time. You can use booster to revive the sponge, or change to a new rubber.
Current Setup:
Sittiho Hinoki ALC, T80(max), Baracuda(max)
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: Bad Day ~ 1900 Good Day ~ 2100 (In Asia since 2015, no USATT events here)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic