Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Finally healed?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pushblocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finally healed?
    Posted: 04/18/2019 at 9:55pm
I've been plagued by injuries since 2015... Tear in my right meniscus as also multiple times tennis elbow.. I've been playing under pain for half of 2016 and part of 2017... Then I hurt my elbow again in June 2018 and have been playing with elbow pain until recently.. Now, it has been about 1 month that I'm pain free from both, knee and elbow.. I have carefully started twiddling and bh attacking again (my bh attack was the cause of my elbow issues). I hope that this time, I will remain pain free for a while.. I keep my fingers crossed.. Hopefully, the lack of pain will help my tournament results in the near future..  If I can get 1 pain free year of playing, I would be very happy.. Right now, I'm playing 5 times per week... 4 times at my office during my lunch break for 1.5 hours an 1 time per week at the club..That's the most I've played in a long time..  

Edited by Pushblocker - 04/18/2019 at 9:57pm
2010 Florida State Champion

Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus Blade with DHS G666 1.5mm on forehand Giant Dragon Talon National Team OX on backhand
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2019 at 10:07pm
It must be stressful to be on your guards all the time. I wish you a pain free year and more.
2 Seattle friends felt better faster with ultrasound treatments when they had tennis elbow. That was around 2009. I wonder if it’s still a good method and above all if it can be used as preventIve care.
Simas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2019 at 1:23am
Wow. Good luck. I know how you feel, cause I had sort of same story with my tennis elbow and it seems I am ok right now too :) 

I stopped playing tennis fore some time, tried all sorts of pressure bands, started exercising to strengthen my forearm, then had multiple relapses and the cycle repeated... but now I'm ok. Didn't do any kind of special medical interventions though. Now doing warm ups and being careful.

How did you heal your tennis elbow? Exercises?
Stiga Offensive Classic Legend
DHS Hurricane Neo3
Donic Bluefire JP01 Turbo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2019 at 6:31am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

It must be stressful to be on your guards all the time. I wish you a pain free year and more.
2 Seattle friends felt better faster with ultrasound treatments when they had tennis elbow. That was around 2009. I wonder if it’s still a good method and above all if it can be used as preventIve care.
Never heard of ultrasound treatment. If it returns, it may be an option...
I'm taking Turmeric supplements for it..

Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus Blade with DHS G666 1.5mm on forehand Giant Dragon Talon National Team OX on backhand
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2019 at 6:33am
Originally posted by Simas Simas wrote:

Wow. Good luck. I know how you feel, cause I had sort of same story with my tennis elbow and it seems I am ok right now too :) 

I stopped playing tennis fore some time, tried all sorts of pressure bands, started exercising to strengthen my forearm, then had multiple relapses and the cycle repeated... but now I'm ok. Didn't do any kind of special medical interventions though. Now doing warm ups and being careful.

How did you heal your tennis elbow? Exercises?
Glad that you are ok now.. All I did was Turmeric Supplements and no bh attacks.. Never had any issues fh attacking or bh pushing. The only stroke hurting my elbow was the bh attack, especially bh smashes..

vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2019 at 8:52am
Originally posted by Pushblocker Pushblocker wrote:

I've been plagued by injuries since 2015... Tear in my right meniscus as also multiple times tennis elbow.. I've been playing under pain for half of 2016 and part of 2017... Then I hurt my elbow again in June 2018 and have been playing with elbow pain until recently.. Now, it has been about 1 month that I'm pain free from both, knee and elbow.. I have carefully started twiddling and bh attacking again (my bh attack was the cause of my elbow issues). I hope that this time, I will remain pain free for a while.. I keep my fingers crossed.. Hopefully, the lack of pain will help my tournament results in the near future..  If I can get 1 pain free year of playing, I would be very happy.. Right now, I'm playing 5 times per week... 4 times at my office during my lunch break for 1.5 hours an 1 time per week at the club..That's the most I've played in a long time..  

good to hear. hope you stay healthy.
Gambler Hinoki Vector blade; Double inverted. Or some LPs.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2019 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by vanjr vanjr wrote:

good to hear. hope you stay healthy.
Thanks.. I hope so.. I have 2 tournaments in the next 2 weeks, so we will see if any of the injuries will return.

Simas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2019 at 2:21pm

[QUOTE=Simas]
All I did was Turmeric Supplements and no bh attacks.. Never had any issues fh attacking or bh pushing. The only stroke hurting my elbow was the bh attack, especially bh smashes..

Hm, interesting. Only supplements -that's sound's not too bad. I had to do some exercises. Nothing too hard, but still. 

I had some problems on my FH too, but nothing too much. And yes, the biggest problem was with BH power smash when you extend your arm suddenly with force and you feel that smth is wrong immediately... Confused
Stiga Offensive Classic Legend
DHS Hurricane Neo3
Donic Bluefire JP01 Turbo
Lula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2019 at 4:36pm
Do you guys warm up well?

Have an okay technique? I can imagine that you get trouble if you are too tense.  

To slow equipment?

I understand that you can get pain without a cause But Maybe it is a reason behind it that you can fix. 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2019 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by Simas Simas wrote:

Hm, interesting. Only supplements -that's sound's not too bad. I had to do some exercises. Nothing too hard, but still. 

I had some problems on my FH too, but nothing too much. And yes, the biggest problem was with BH power smash when you extend your arm suddenly with force and you feel that smth is wrong immediately... Confused
Turmeric works really well for me.. I didn't do any exercise..

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2019 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by Lula Lula wrote:

Do you guys warm up well?

Have an okay technique? I can imagine that you get trouble if you are too tense.  

To slow equipment?

I understand that you can get pain without a cause But Maybe it is a reason behind it that you can fix. 
I don't do any specific warmup, just some fh and bh counter..
My equipment is slow but I have tried faster equipment and I tend to hit past the end of the table with it..

Lula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2019 at 2:44am
i mean running and stretching before you start to hit. If you Do not Do this i am not surprised you get pain. I would get serious problem with my shoulder if i just start to play. Without being rude, But it is almost stupid to start to just play when you know you easily get injury and pain. 

Try to warm up atleast 15 minutes before with running, stretching and Maybe rubber band for your elbow. If you Do this i think you Will minimze the possibility of injury. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic