FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Table tennis and body imbalances.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Table tennis and body imbalances.
    Posted: 04/19/2019 at 6:48am
Everyone who plays table tennis for many years can notice diferences between his left and right part of his body. Dominant hand playing contributes to body imbalances. 

Are you doing something for correcting this? Some exercises with the non dominant hand maybe ?
Infinity VPS V
Tenergy 80
Tenergy 05
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2019 at 7:05am
It's hard to correct left right imbalances in my opinion. But what one can and should definitely do, is to train their back and overall posture. We always bring everything to the front which will eventually cause problems. So training the rotator cuff as well as the back is important. I'd also recommend stretching the chest and neck to release some tension.
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2019 at 8:51am
Originally posted by Stavros Stavros wrote:

Everyone who plays table tennis for many years can notice diferences between his left and right part of his body. Dominant hand playing contributes to body imbalances. 

Are you doing something for correcting this? Some exercises with the non dominant hand maybe ?

I emphasize balance in ALL other exercise. Weight lifting, running, biking, etc. I also historically do MORE other exercise on the whole than table tennis.
Gambler Hinoki Vector blade; Double inverted. Or some LPs.
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2019 at 10:06am
Originally posted by vanjr vanjr wrote:

Originally posted by Stavros Stavros wrote:

I emphasize balance in ALL other exercise. Weight lifting, running, biking, etc. I also historically do MORE other exercise on the whole than table tennis.
Isn't the body side of your dominant hand more muscular? 
Infinity VPS V
Tenergy 80
Tenergy 05
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic