FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

holiday in China

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kris boogers View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kris boogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: holiday in China
    Posted: 05/28/2019 at 4:41pm
Hi all, 

in July, we (my wife, 2 daughters and me) will visit China. A travel from Beijing to Shanghai. Xian, Chengdu,  
My youngest daughter and me are playing table tennis and want to play against players in a club on the way if possible. 
My daughter played a month ago top 12 cadets in Belgium. Me, I played several years in the second highest division ... but that was some time ago Wink 
Can someone give me some addresses and times were we can play . 
Also we are looking for a good table tennis shop on the way, any suggestions are welcome. 

Of course, a picture with a top table tennis player would be soooo great !!

thanks in advance ,
Kris
kind regards,
Kris
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kris boogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2019 at 2:47am
no one that can help me.... ? Cry
kind regards,
Kris
Olio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2019 at 3:48am
There are clubs everywhere. Simply ask at your hotel and they will know / find a few around where you're staying.
As for photos with famous players, it will be hard. Just count on your luck!
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kris boogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2019 at 5:38pm
ok, thanks. I will do that. 
kind regards,
Kris
kakapo View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2019 at 1:01am
Places where top players train are not available for common citizens . Those places are under protection of the army so, unless your family or best friend is a member of the staff or the brother of the Director of the place, or an influent member of the party, you won’t be able to enter the hall and meet the players. there are halls in every city and some of them are located in the sport area where there are lots of sport shops. In those places, there are different level players, some of them are 60 years old, have never played in competition and would probably be ranked B2 or B4 in Belgium:)) I went 11 times in China and experienced it many times.
accoustic carbon inner,fastarc G1 max, feint soft 1,5mm
photino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote photino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2019 at 1:18pm
young shine table tennis club in beijing is run by former world champ Guo Yan.
EJ-turned blade collector
pgpg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2019 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by kakapo kakapo wrote:

Places where top players train are not available for common citizens . Those places are under protection of the army so, unless your family or best friend is a member of the staff or the brother of the Director of the place, or an influent member of the party, you won’t be able to enter the hall and meet the players. there are halls in every city and some of them are located in the sport area where there are lots of sport shops. In those places, there are different level players, some of them are 60 years old, have never played in competition and would probably be ranked B2 or B4 in Belgium:)) I went 11 times in China and experienced it many times.

I assume B2 or B4 in Belgium is pretty good, right?
USATT: ~1870
Donic Defplay - AK47 blue - Dtecs OX
kakapo View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2019 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by pgpg pgpg wrote:

Originally posted by kakapo kakapo wrote:

I assume B2 or B4 in Belgium is pretty good, right?
that is third Belgian  national league level. 
accoustic carbon inner,fastarc G1 max, feint soft 1,5mm
Olio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2019 at 6:29am
Whereabout in Beijing is young shine table tennis club?

Edit: I thought it was ShiChaHai.

I think it's impossible to attend sessions there as a visitor.

But it seems the young shine TTC as closed its doors? That's the place where Matt Hetherington practiced in 2015 right?

Edited by Olio - 06/12/2019 at 6:38am
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2019 at 11:14pm
Great food in Chengdu!

I agree, ask the hotel.  That has worked for me in the past. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic