FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

adam's bobrow's voice at the china open

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: adam's bobrow's voice at the china open
    Posted: 06/02/2019 at 4:36am
Did the best swiftest fix happen for the event? Adam Bobrow's voice level is now lower relatively to the crowd and table noises (ball and footwork). Level input from the microphone lowered? I can focus on the game and his voice mellows and integrates well with the public and play. If I want to focus on what he says, I can hear him clearly. I have the choice. His comments are now a bonus and a gift when I want to take them. BRAVO to whoever decided to go that route, maybe Adam himself.

Edited by stiltt - 06/02/2019 at 4:38am
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2019 at 7:40am
He is still a bit to talkative for my tastes.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2019 at 8:53am
Some members on TTD don't like it though.

I for one find that a welcome change. Makes the experience more immersive.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2019 at 8:58am
An option to select the raw feed would be nice though. It's doable with HLS.

Edited by zeio - 06/02/2019 at 8:58am
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2019 at 9:28am
its too low. I can't hear what he say :(

Edited by piligrim - 06/02/2019 at 9:28am
GaryBuck View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2019 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

He is still a bit to talkative for my tastes.

Yes he is. Hopefully, it's due to his inexperience. He needs to learn when to comment and when to be quiet and allow the action to speak for itself. I think that generally in English, US commentators feel they have to talk all the time, regardless of whether they have anything useful to say, whereas Brits are more ready to allow some silence. During gaps in the action, Adam also has a bad habit of starting to say something that he will not have the time to finish before he needs to start his commentary on the play.

I think he is doing a fairly good job--and he clearly knows and loves the game--but there are many ways he could improve, if he has a mind. Hopefully, he will.

pingpungpeng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2019 at 12:54pm
I say

Table mcrophone 200%
Commentator 100%
Crowd 5%
igorponger View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2019 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

An option to select the raw feed would be nice though. It's doable with HLS.

Zeio.
Give a try to this speach-to-text transcriber. It is a payed service, though.
https://www.happyscribe.co/

Edited by igorponger - 06/02/2019 at 2:56pm
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2019 at 12:46pm
Dude gives pure RELATABLE expressions (sometimes when he doesnt geek out too much haha)

Definitely what the sport needed, A HYPE MAN

Beats these older commentators, "beautiful shot" "Beautiful point" NEAT

I am a total Newb. Come at me!
zzzuppp View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zzzuppp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2019 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by pingpungpeng pingpungpeng wrote:

I say

Table mcrophone 200%
Commentator 100%
Crowd 5%

(your percentages don't add up)Wink

I say

Table mic 33%
Commentator 33% (Bobrow is great...the crap commentaries I have endured over 50 years of following TT pale beside him)
Crowd 33% (chanting and instruments add heaps of atmosphere. Watch those old videos where the French team are playing with Papa Gatien on his trumpet)

Shit pop, old Queen songs etc, between sets 0%
FruitLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FruitLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2019 at 8:23pm
Adam plus a good analyst would be ideal. Hype alone isn't enough. Pure analysis is too dry.

It should be someone who is super knowledgeable articulate and interesting. Only one I have heard in table tennis is Matthew Syed. I think he's too busy with other things now.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2019 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by FruitLoop FruitLoop wrote:

Adam plus a good analyst would be ideal. Hype alone isn't enough. Pure analysis is too dry.

It should be someone who is super knowledgeable articulate and interesting. Only one I have heard in table tennis is Matthew Syed. I think he's too busy with other things now.

Richard Prause.  Alois Rosario.  The problem is usually that when people say what they really think, people will not respect them if they are not Liu Guoliang.  If Syed commentated today on Ma Long, I suspect any negative thing he said be met with fan boy derision.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Korbel ST
FH: Fastarc C-1 2.0 B
BH: Fastarc C-1 2.0 R
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes.
FruitLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FruitLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2019 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Richard Prause.  Alois Rosario.  The problem is usually that when people say what they really think, people will not respect them if they are not Liu Guoliang.  If Syed commentated today on Ma Long, I suspect any negative thing he said be met with fan boy derision.

You can't worry about what the fan boys think.
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2019 at 8:09pm
To Adam Bobrow's credit, he trained himself seriously to never slur words. He describes a point fast, with very precise adjectives and directions, placements, spin, strength put in the stroke etc... and he does so with few words. His analysis skills are not below average but when alone, he wants to address a larger audience and mixes them with small talk which can reach as superficial without being so at all. I mean if we had another him, one could do the hype and the other the analysis just fine.

Edited by stiltt - 06/04/2019 at 9:15pm
troubadour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troubadour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2019 at 1:41am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Richard definitely, Alois I think not so much, at least he commentated through the Asian Cup and I don't remember him saying anything really interesting, it was just remarks like beautiful shot, just the norm around....
How many eyes have seen their dreams
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2019 at 10:48am
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

To Adam Bobrow's credit, he trained himself seriously to never slur words. He describes a point fast, with very precise adjectives and directions, placements, spin, strength put in the stroke etc... and he does so with few words. His analysis skills are not below average but when alone, he wants to address a larger audience and mixes them with small talk which can reach as superficial without being so at all. I mean if we had another him, one could do the hype and the other the analysis just fine.
How did you change your username!!
Currently playing extremely well with:
Andro Treiber CI 90g
Nittaku Fastarc G-1 2.0
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic