Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2019 Japan Open June 12-16

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
siliconhybrid View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siliconhybrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2019 at 12:35pm
question:
who decides the drawing? 
ittf or the organizer (japan) or a computer lottery draw?

it seems that Harimoto is conveniently placed the opposite bracket to ML FZD and XX

mykonos96 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2019 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

Originally posted by by R.Kipling, written in 1892 by R.Kipling, written in 1892 wrote:

Oh, East is East, and West is West,
and never the twain shall meet,
Till Earth and Sky stand presently at
God's great Judgment seat;
GREAT INSIGHT, INDEED.

Berndt now is R kipling
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2019 at 12:59pm
The draw is done by the referee with the help of the competition manager. The players can do the draw themselves, let their teammates represent them, or leave it to the referee.

Draw ceremony for Japan Open 2019:
http://1252040487.vod2.myqcloud.com/8bdce988vodtransgzp1252040487/2d9825735285890790151653947/v.f30.mp4?t=5d0031e4&us=46337&sign=68f166b25ca314cf79da851a2b3ac7ba
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2019 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by pongfugrasshopper pongfugrasshopper wrote:

Originally posted by amateur amateur wrote:

Originally posted by VladCeller VladCeller wrote:

European Games, Minsk (BLR): 20-30 Jun (TT Competition 22-29 Jun)
(the women you listed as participating players ....)

Big event this time, because it's an Olympic qualifier (just like the Pan Am Games).
Pan Am Games is not a qualifier.

You're right, North and South America must have separate qualifiers.
Simas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Simas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2019 at 3:08pm
for those who missed:

Stiga Offensive Classic Legend
DHS Hurricane Neo3
Donic Bluefire JP01 Turbo
aerial View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aerial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2019 at 3:49pm
kinda wish ML and FZD were on other ends of the draw... a final between the two would be epic

then again, Harimoto seems to have a decent draw... could be a good contender to defend his result last year

side note, does anyone know why Lin Yun-Ju's name is spelled with a 'J'... from the way his name is actually  pronounced, I thought it should be with an 'R' like Lin Yun-Ru
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2019 at 4:17pm
An earlier post said that Harimoto Tomokazu had a good draw - I completely agree with that.

As far as Ito Mima goes, the draw is not that good - she will run into Chen Meng in the quarter final.
Ito is a much stronger player now, but still hard to tell who will win.

*** As long as these players from the qualification don't get drawn too close to Ito Mima - Ito will be fine.

Wang Yidi
Sun Yingsha
He Zhuojia:  From ITTF head-to-head (this data base may not be completely accurate.)
                    Surprised that He Zhuojia beat Ito Mima 5 times (no loss),
                    But only 1 win was relatively recent, in 2018. (other 4 wins were old.)

Correction:  Earlier I wrongly spelled her name as He Zhoujia.  Her correct name is He Zhuojia.

Edited by skip3119 - 06/12/2019 at 1:00am
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2019 at 6:01pm
Wang Yidi
Sun Yingsha
He Zhuojia

If one or more of above players is drawn into position 26 or 27,
that will be a bad draw for Ito Mima.

stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2019 at 6:57pm
We'll maybe get another Liang Jingkun - Lin Gaoyuan showdown. After the WTTC, the China and Hong Kong opens, these 2 are creating some sort of a classico. I have to say I always wait for it now. For how long will LGY able to win it? Hugo, TH and WCT are in the way tho, even if the latter has not progressed as fast as I thought he would. That bottom draw is very interesting, it's tomorrow leadership + MJ as a bonus. 

At the 1/2 top it's more like business as usual, FZD chasing his daemons and the rest of the players. I do not know if the clash ML - FZD will happen but I am also waiting for it.

I had a thought I could not precisely word but it finally came: the 2019 Japan open has the smell of a major!

tom View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2019 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

ZingyDNA:

Both Ito Mima and Chen Meng are in the 4th Quarter (position 25 to 32).
Unless either one loses before they meet (highly unlikely), they will play against one another.

Since Ito is a much stronger player now, interesting to guess who will win.
I go for C.M. 60/40
hleett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hleett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2019 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by aerial aerial wrote:

kinda wish ML and FZD were 。。。。
side note, does anyone know why Lin Yun-Ju's name is spelled with a 'J'... from the way his name is actually  pronounced, I thought it should be with an 'R' like Lin Yun-Ru
Thats because the "J" is pronounced "R" sound just like "Juan" pronounced "Ron". 
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2019 at 8:19pm
Since Tom took a shot at it:

Chen Meng vs Ito Mima:  60% - 40%

I'll take a stab at it as well.  Skip3119's assessment.

Chen Meng vs Ito Mima:  80% - 20%    (I am not good at this, but that's what I think.)

Does anyone else have an assessment of the situation?

Edited by skip3119 - 06/11/2019 at 8:25pm
aerial View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aerial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2019 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by hleett hleett wrote:

Thats because the "J" is pronounced "R" sound just like "Juan" pronounced "Ron". 
I have never heard of that in my life...

J can be pronounced like an R??? Can anyone else support this statement because I cannot.

I've always thought J could be pronounced like H... Juan would be Huan to me...

I mean, I get names like Cheng I-Ching and Chuang Chih-Yuan at least they're consistent, but remain perplexed at Lin Yun-Ju
hleett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hleett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2019 at 11:08pm
Trust me. If you use an Android phone with Google Cantonese (Chinese) Input, try input ru or yu for 儒 nothing shows up. But if you type ju the word 儒 will come up on the third page. This input method is unique to the Android IO. In Windows 10 (Extension)  you can input yu for 儒 but not ru.

mts388 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2019 at 11:14pm

[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]

J can be pronounced like an R??? Can anyone else support this statement because I cannot.

[/QUOTE]

Huan would be a much better pronunciation than Ron.
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2019 at 11:31pm
Awful draw for WCQ and Yan An. They play each other and winner potentially plays another CNT player, Xu Yingbin, or Cedric Nuytinck (WR#44) to get to the main draw.
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2019 at 12:03am

Trust me. If you use an Android phone with Google Cantonese (Chinese) Input, try input ru or yu for 儒 nothing shows up. But if you type ju the word 儒 will come up on the third page. This input method is unique to the Android IO. In Windows 10 (Extension)  you can input yu for 儒 but not ru.

I just use Q9 LOL

Just Lin Yun-Ju is Taiwanese,  the english name is difference from ML, FZD .... Embarrassed
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2019 at 12:05am
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

An earlier post said that Harimoto Tomokazu had a good draw - I completely agree with that.

As far as Ito Mima goes, the draw is not that good - she will run into Chen Meng in the quarter final.
Ito is a much stronger player now, but still hard to tell who will win.

*** As long as these players from the qualification don't get drawn too close to Ito Mima - Ito will be fine.

Wang Yidi
Sun Yingsha
He Zhuojia:  From ITTF head-to-head (this data base may not be completely accurate.)
                    Surprised that He Zhoujia beat Ito Mima 5 times (no loss),
                    But only 1 win was relatively recent, in 2018. (other 4 wins were old.)

Correction:  Earlier I wrongly spelled her name as He Zhoujia.  Her correct name is He Zhuojia.

He Zhuojia was a pip player. She knows all the tricks LOL
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
Ieyasu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ieyasu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2019 at 12:08am

I mean, I get names like Cheng I-Ching and Chuang Chih-Yuan at least they're consistent, but remain perplexed at Lin Yun-Ju
Plug his name into google translate: 

林昀儒

Then click the speaker icon. You can then hear for yourself how it sounds. I hear a soft "J."
kakapo View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2019 at 3:05am
Wang Chuqin lost from’Yan An.... probably the worst draw for him.
accoustic carbon inner,fastarc G1 max, feint soft 1,5mm
pipboy76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pipboy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2019 at 5:57am
Why are people saying that Harimoto has a good draw? He's likely to meet LJK in the QF and while i know that last time they played he beat him 4-0, I do not see him beating him this time. Could be wrong though.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2019 at 6:21am
Originally posted by pipboy76 pipboy76 wrote:

Why are people saying that Harimoto has a good draw? He's likely to meet LJK in the QF and while i know that last time they played he beat him 4-0, I do not see him beating him this time. Could be wrong though.
Not many good alternatives at a platinum event. Look at who FZD has to face at the QF.... ML. He was super lucky at the China Open with the best draw.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2019 at 6:30am
Lily Zhang beat her first opponent 4-0. Her 2nd opponent will be tougher... either Chen Szu Yu (TPE) or Che Xiaoxi (CHN). At least it's not SYS, WYD, HZJ, or HH. She has a chance.
VladCeller View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VladCeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2019 at 8:46am
OJIO Haruna !
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2019 at 9:13am
HZJ lucky to have escaped. Looks like she lost confidence in her forehand and you're not going to win a push battle with a defender. Timeout helped her to refocus.
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2019 at 9:35am
Originally posted by pongfugrasshopper pongfugrasshopper wrote:

HZJ lucky to have escaped. Looks like she lost confidence in her forehand and you're not going to win a push battle with a defender. Timeout helped her to refocus.
=================
Interested in watching that match.
Missed Live.
ITTF has not uploaded that match yet. 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VladCeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2019 at 9:57am
HZJ applause for honesty ...
Decisive game, which is not easy for her ....
The key point in the game is 5-4 in favor of Haruna .....
Ball raffle, table edge ....
The judge did not notice this touch and announced the score 5-5 ...
In my opinion, Haruna, too, did not notice ....
But HZJ corrected the judge, indicating that the correct score was 6-4 in favor of Haruna .....
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2019 at 12:05pm

HZJ applause for honesty ...
Decisive game, which is not easy for her ....
The key point in the game is 5-4 in favor of Haruna .....
Ball raffle, table edge ....
The judge did not notice this touch and announced the score 5-5 ...
In my opinion, Haruna, too, did not notice ....
But HZJ corrected the judge, indicating that the correct score was 6-4 in favor of Haruna .....
===============
Indeed, a good match.  HZJ vs Ojio
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VladCeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2019 at 12:29pm
She is only 14 years old!
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2019 at 12:37pm

She is only 14 years old!
==============
If that is the case, Ojio has a lot of room to improve.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
  Share Topic