FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Mountain Man Shadow Practice Volcano Style

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mountain Man Shadow Practice Volcano Style
    Posted: 06/07/2019 at 5:05am
Took a few days off from TT to visit the Newberry Volcanic National Monument in southern Oregon.  Of course one has to get in some shadow practice no matter where you are.  So here is a clip at Lava Lands Visitor Center.  Please note the Aa lava flow and the large cinder cone in the background.  

Besides shadow practice I took a ranger lead hike through the Aa lava flow,  hiked up and around a small secondary cone in the main caldera,  hiked around one of the 2 lakes in the caldera, and paddled my kayak around the other lake.  The volcano is still active with hot springs feeding into the lake.  

Mark - Formerly mountain man, now volcano man.

ghostzen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2019 at 12:01pm
You are absolutely bonkers my friend Smile and most certainly your videos and banter are one of the highlights of this place for me. Definitely …mad as a bag of frogs ….but in the best way possible.

One tip which could improve you shadow practice … altitude training! …but don’t get too close the hot stuff up there! Not good for the life of equipment … !!

pingpungpeng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2019 at 1:14pm
you are slowly becoming the
of table tennis.

not as much money..... not as many girls.... not as cool looking.... but oh well, it's table tennis LOL

Edited by pingpungpeng - 06/07/2019 at 1:14pm
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2019 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by ghostzen ghostzen wrote:

You are absolutely bonkers my friend Smile and most certainly your videos and banter are one of the highlights of this place for me. Definitely …mad as a bag of frogs ….but in the best way possible.

One tip which could improve you shadow practice … altitude training! …but don’t get too close the hot stuff up there! Not good for the life of equipment … !!

Ok, shadow practice at the summit of Everest is officially added to the bucket listWink.

Mark
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2019 at 1:19am
Would be even cooler to take shades off hat and wear them in Ur shadow practice... :D
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2019 at 2:18am
Originally posted by mjamja mjamja wrote:

Took a few days off from TT to visit the Newberry Volcanic National Monument in southern Oregon.  Of course one has to get in some shadow practice no matter where you are.  So here is a clip at Lava Lands Visitor Center.  Please note the Aa lava flow and the large cinder cone in the background.  

When you told me where you went, it didn't quite register, but now I realized.  That's a great local; there are all sorts of wonderful trails in that area for hiking or mountain biking (my preference).  And that cinder cone in the background?  That's the Lava Butte Cinder Cone and the bike ride to the top is how we separate the true mountain men from the wannabes.  Actually, I've seen people hike it, but riding is the way to test your limits.

No surprise that it's too cold there right now. Go back in July or September and it'll be much nicer.

Ironically. my wife is going to that area while I'm at Nationals.  So if I wanted to give up my pong play in Vegas, I could spend a week riding all around those lava lands.

Note: I have never tried shadow practice on a mountain bike, but maybe I will.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic