Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ESN alternatives to D05, T05H

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2019 at 12:04pm
To bring things back on track somewhat (apologies for the rant there) - as much as I like R50, I do find the topsheet hard work sometimes for spin because of the hardness.  The top end is excellent, and the hardness makes things super linear and simple for drives, but I have to be really on it all the time for looping.  A few people have commented that they lightly boost these 50+ sponges, so I have to wonder if the trend leans that way (or emerges from it, if you see what I mean).  Plastic ball leads to harder sponges because there's more to be gained from boosting than before.

As an aside, I've been using Hexer Powergrip for a few weeks now and it's excellent for spin...but I'd love to try a 50 degree sponge under it.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2019 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

To bring things back on track somewhat (apologies for the rant there) - as much as I like R50, I do find the topsheet hard work sometimes for spin because of the hardness.  The top end is excellent, and the hardness makes things super linear and simple for drives, but I have to be really on it all the time for looping.  A few people have commented that they lightly boost these 50+ sponges, so I have to wonder if the trend leans that way (or emerges from it, if you see what I mean).  Plastic ball leads to harder sponges because there's more to be gained from boosting than before.

As an aside, I've been using Hexer Powergrip for a few weeks now and it's excellent for spin...but I'd love to try a 50 degree sponge under it.

Yes, boosting R50 with one layer is where it's at...
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2019 at 8:00pm
Boosting R50 is great with 2 thin layers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Currently playing extremely well with:
Andro Treiber CI 90g
Nittaku Fastarc G-1 2.0
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2019 at 9:30am
Ooooo you're all so awful.  But I like you.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
ghostzen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2019 at 10:53am
Haven't tried very many of the 50 Degree plus ESN's but The Rhyzer 50 pro is a great rubber and very boost friendly from using it a while. Donic Z1 another good rubber maybe a bit softer feeling and suited a bit more to backhand.

Couldn't recommend them enough. It's great that there are now so many good options to play with.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic