Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Makeup Tactics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Makeup Tactics
    Posted: 06/07/2019 at 3:34pm
Some recent posts on style and makeup have gotten me thinking. Even though I am the world's greatest tactician (see my previous thread) I have been overlooking the tactical use of makeup. Just like in that recent video of Hiyata and Hirano hiding their real talents by dressing in traditional Geisha style, I could dress down and make myself look both physically and mentally less capable than I actually am. With my opponent fooled into complacency, I might steal a game or two. 

Imagine an "Uncle Drew" scenario where Kanak Jha showed up at some German league match made up as a 60yr old. What a surprise for his opponents. Shy players could be made over to look fierce and frighten their opponents. What about using clothing and makeup in that dazzle camoflauge pattern. The opponent would have no idea what shot you were about to play because he could not see your real body position. How about a tattoo of a ping pong ball on the back of your non-playing hand. As you hit you could wave the hand and hopefully get the opponent to momentarily watch the wrong "ball". There must be endless possibilities for using makeup to give you an advantage. 

Update: I tried out makeup and clothing to make me appear physically diminished from my current condition a few times. Of course with my lowly physical status it is not without risk to appear even weaker. Once someone called 911 and I ended up dragged to the ER. The other time they figured it was too late and just called the hearse and drove me straight to the funeral home. 

Of course that was not as bad as the time I tried looking and acting less mentally competent. I ended up shadow practicing in a padded room. Or was it shadow practicing in that lobby that got me put into the padded room in the first place. The good news is that I found a great way to shorten my Fh backswing ... a straightjacket. 

Mark - Former model for Max Factor cosmetics. I posed for all the "before" photos.
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2019 at 11:53pm
I think you already have that with your big beard. LOL I doubt eyeliner and lipstick is going to help. 
Current Setup:
Sittiho Hinoki ALC, Baracuda(max), Dignics 05(max)
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: Bad Day ~ 1900 Good Day ~ 2100 (In Asia since 2015, no USATT events here)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic