Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What happened w Pan Am Juniors?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What happened w Pan Am Juniors?
    Posted: 07/01/2019 at 8:33am
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2019 at 8:38am
"Unspecified issues between the local organizers and the venue owner resulted in the power being shut off at the venue"

Maybe somebody didn't get paid enough.

Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2019 at 11:33am
So this event will go unfinished? Do you figure lawsuits are possible?

Wow...this is beyond embarrassing!

FdT

NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2019 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Fulanodetal Fulanodetal wrote:

So this event will go unfinished? Do you figure lawsuits are possible?

Wow...this is beyond embarrassing!

FdT

Sue who for what when we don't even know what really happened?
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Korbel ST
FH: Fastarc C-1 2.0 B
BH: Fastarc C-1 2.0 R
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes.
jfolsen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfolsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2019 at 1:55pm
"Due to circumstances out of the ITTF's control, and despite efforts from ITTF Officials and staff on site, it's a regret to inform the final day of the PANAM Junior Championships is not able to be completed. The ITTF will be doing a full investigation into the matter. More information to come."

I eagerly await the results of the investigation. Lots of juniors and others spent a bunch of money and time.

jfolsen
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2019 at 3:00pm

"Sue who for what when we don't even know what really happened?"

I realize this is still pending investigation but as has been pointed out, many players spent money on this, hotel, transportation, food, and entry fees, etc. All to have this event not even conclude. I don't know, but perhaps some people may have grounds for a lawsuit. Perhaps they wont bother. I don't know. I was asking perhaps there is grounds for one. That's all, Next Level, calm, your tits down!.

FdT

Edited by Fulanodetal - 07/02/2019 at 3:01pm
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2019 at 3:51pm

"Sue who for what when we don't even know what really happened?"

I realize this is still pending investigation but as has been pointed out, many players spent money on this, hotel, transportation, food, and entry fees, etc. All to have this event not even conclude. I don't know, but perhaps some people may have grounds for a lawsuit. Perhaps they wont bother. I don't know. I was asking perhaps there is grounds for one. That's all, Next Level, calm, your tits down!.

FdT

Man. I would have thought the person bringing up the law suit was the one with the tits.  We don't know enough to know who or what was the cause, and what the resolution will be, so why talk about law suits without that knowledge?
Korbel ST
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2019 at 4:11pm
I find this fascinating and could care less about lawsuits, etc. First question-what the heck happened? Second question is why? Who made the decision to cancel? Will this promoter/tournament director (ie Who) be banned from hosting further ITTF events? When (or if) did this happen before?
Almost no information is given. Why? How can the ITTF/promoters prevent this from happening in the future?
No answers, just questions. 
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2019 at 7:11pm
The facility never received payment for using the venue so the venue operators shut off the lights and said the event is over.
https://www.facebook.com/SeattlePacificTableTennisClub/timeline
jfolsen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfolsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2019 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by Vince64 Vince64 wrote:

The facility never received payment for using the venue so the venue operators shut off the lights and said the event is over.

Wow, thanks for the update. So now they have to follow the money.
bard romance View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bard romance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2019 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by Vince64 Vince64 wrote:

So who is responsible for this - the Mexican federation, organizing committee, ITTF?
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2019 at 8:07pm
"Man. I would have thought the person bringing up the law suit was the one with the tits."

It is not am irrational question at all. It is a legitimate question. Discussing shit is what forums are for.

FdT

Edited by Fulanodetal - 07/02/2019 at 8:07pm
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2019 at 12:00am

"Man. I would have thought the person bringing up the law suit was the one with the tits."

It is not am irrational question at all. It is a legitimate question. Discussing shit is what forums are for.

FdT

Sure.  And my question wasn't legitimate? Even now, without any knowledge of attempts at resolution, who are you proposing should be sued?
Korbel ST
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2019 at 2:50am
That makes the 2018 LA open episode look like a success story. Where they hoping to pay the owners with onsite income? if yes, the catch 22 quickly rose from the nonstarter.
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2019 at 9:39am
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

That makes the 2018 LA open episode look like a success story. Where they hoping to pay the owners with onsite income? if yes, the catch 22 quickly rose from the nonstarter.

jfolsen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfolsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2019 at 11:39am
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

If I am reading the translation correctly, the major sponsor withdrew on June 9th and they didn't cancel because they thought it was too late? So it was better to go forward and hope that money would appear? Is that right?
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2019 at 4:07pm
They were hoping for a miracle, they let the situation rot, hoping some people would be embarrassed to the highest level if that miracle did not happen, they thought money would pour in at the last minute no matter what. shame shame shame...to be sung on the lyrics of rearranged Aretha Franklin's hit "Shame on fools".

Shame shame shaaaaame,
(Shame shame shaaaaame)
Shame on foooo-oools

tom View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2019 at 5:43pm

They were hoping for a miracle, they let the situation rot, hoping some people would be embarrassed to the highest level if that miracle did not happen, they thought money would pour in at the last minute no matter what. shame shame shame...to be sung on the lyrics of rearranged Aretha Franklin's hit "Shame on fools".

Shame shame shaaaaame,
(Shame shame shaaaaame)
Shame on foooo-oools

hehe, not so much this post or this thread but whatever you are taking today, I think you should stop at once.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2019 at 5:58pm
Wow....just read that article. Absolutely effing ridiculous. Seems a company that went unnamed made a vocal agreement, no written contract, and now apparently the Hotel is owed about $100K, which has gone unpaid. 

This group (Cojudec) had agreed about a year ago, to take part in supporting this event, but they retracted their support on June 9th, which left the organizers very little time to find another company to help with the production of the event. They found another company  (RAAD's) to help out with the event. It was this agreement that was made verbal, because of the lack of time. And apparently it was this company that failed to do what they had promised.

That's the gist of the whole article.

Holy crap, this is infuriating.

FdT
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2019 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

Shame shame shaaaaame,
(Shame shame shaaaaame)
Shame on foooo-oools

hehe, not so much this post or this thread but whatever you are taking today, I think you should stop at once.
It's funny you say that when I quit the booze almost a year ago and the marijuana is gone too (it's legal here but it makes me lazy and unable to focus so it had to go away). I don't want to try anything else. Fresh air and human craziness makes me higher anyway; and posting here, that's quite addicting too.
tom View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2019 at 6:20pm

Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

Shame shame shaaaaame,
(Shame shame shaaaaame)
Shame on foooo-oools

It's funny you say that when I quit the booze almost a year ago and the marijuana is gone too (it's legal here but it makes me lazy and unable to focus so it had to go away). I don't want to try anything else. Fresh air and human craziness makes me higher anyway; and posting here, that's quite addicting too.
just teasing
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2019 at 6:27pm
I know, I liked it and took it as a compliment: if I can produce the quality stuff some people need drugs or booze to push out, I am on the right path; whaaaat? quality? you never said quality...  :)
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2019 at 6:31pm
and from the same link, one of the other news is that 22 persons were kidnapped from a 'call station', whatever that is....they were put in two pick up trucks by armed assailants....

Guess I won't be visiting Cancun anytime soon....

FdT

Edited by Fulanodetal - 07/03/2019 at 6:32pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic