FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

poor club ethics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mts388 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: poor club ethics
    Posted: 07/06/2019 at 1:18pm
There are many great clubs in the San Francisco area.  Two neighboring clubs are the Fremont Table Tennis Academy and the Swan Warriors.  I don't live near of play at either club.  

I noticed that when the Fremont club posted a tournament on July 20th, the Swan club posted their tournament on the same day.  To prevent a conflict Fremont changed their date to July 27th which was followed by the Swan Warriors changing their date to the 27th.

It's obvious that the Swan club is trying to hurt the Fremont club.  I would much rather see clubs working together to make table tennis better, instead of trying to hurt rival clubs.
TT newbie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2019 at 2:31pm
Looks like total amateurism of their owners/directors. 
First, a calendar should be available in the beginning of the season. 
In my country directors of each club wait until the state federation release its calendar. Then they make reunions asap to make the league calendar, defining tournament and clinics dates. Of course a league tournament can not be on the same day of a state tournament. 
Then clubs are able to set dates for their own tournaments. Bigger clubs usually have priority to choose sundays still available, so the smaller ones make theirs on saturdays.
Absolutely no need of this sh*t provocation.
aerial View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aerial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2019 at 2:36pm
lol that's dirty
BRS View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2019 at 3:58pm
If I was a player there I'd be mad as hell.  Instead of two chances to compete in a month you only get one. What a BS move.

hunkeelin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunkeelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2019 at 4:11pm
Swan have nothing on Fremont Table Tennis Academy. Fremont Table Tennis Academy is not even a contending club in any sort. They probably change their schedule due to something else. I recall july 20 there's a chinatown tournament. 

The only clubs that plays politics are ATTC and ICC. swan/tta/svttc are run by chinese fob, they don't play/know how to play those kind of stupid games. 

Edited by hunkeelin - 07/06/2019 at 4:20pm
USATT: 2047 as of 2019
mts388 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2019 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by hunkeelin hunkeelin wrote:

Swan have nothing on Fremont Table Tennis Academy. Fremont Table Tennis Academy is not even a contending club in any sort. They probably change their schedule due to something else. I recall july 20 there's a chinatown tournament. 

The only clubs that plays politics are ATTC and ICC. swan/tta/svttc are run by chinese fob, they don't play/know how to play those kind of stupid games. 

When Fremont changed their schedule why did Swan move their tournament to the same date?  Scheduling once on the same date could be a mistake, doing it twice is intentional.

It sounds like you believe that a big club has the right to sh+t on a smaller club.

XufeiYeng View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XufeiYeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2019 at 6:09pm
My understanding is that CTTA or USATT do not allow sanctioned tournaments on the same dates(weekends) if two or more clubs are located close to each other.  Unless we are talking about unsanctioned tournaments I don't understand this thread   
mts388 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2019 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by XufeiYeng XufeiYeng wrote:

My understanding is that CTTA or USATT do not allow sanctioned tournaments on the same dates(weekends) if two or more clubs are located close to each other.  Unless we are talking about unsanctioned tournaments I don't understand this thread   

Both tournaments are sanctioned.  I think they changed that rule.
hunkeelin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunkeelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2019 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by mts388 mts388 wrote:

Originally posted by hunkeelin hunkeelin wrote:

When Fremont changed their schedule why did Swan move their tournament to the same date?  Scheduling once on the same date could be a mistake, doing it twice is intentional.

It sounds like you believe that a big club has the right to sh+t on a smaller club.

no, its me putting off this stupid accusation. As for that question why don't you just email them and ask them yourself I don't represent any club. just because there's some coincidence that doesn't mean anything.  FTTC is not even a legit contending club. There's absolutely no way swan would've pull this move. Also, if we are talking about profit, hosting tournament doesn't generate much profit for the club. Moreover, this have nothing to do with the club. The tournament director rent the place from swan to host a tournament. I don't know what to type actually, you are so ignorant and wrong in many levels that the point of this post is out right preposterous.

It seems you are not familiar with the bay area club politics.  There are two separate groups. Mainly ICC and ATTC and the rest. ICC and ATTC have the type of owner that would pull this kind of move as you mentioned in this post. The rest of national level contending clubs (svttc, tta, swan) are ran by ex chinese players. They are fob as hell, most of them don't even read a single line of English. They don't care about USATT and their puny politics.  

Edited by hunkeelin - 07/06/2019 at 9:05pm
USATT: 2047 as of 2019
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2019 at 1:37am
Doesn't mean that small clubs won't compete for a limited pool of players by whatever means they think they can use regardless of when they arrived in the US. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic