Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Give Credit to ITTF

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Give Credit to ITTF
    Posted: 07/08/2019 at 1:32pm
We have bashed ITTF for so many reasons, call it speed glue and boosters bans, ball repeated changes, service rule changes and what not. It's almost a sport to take down ITTF for every move they make. Does it mean when they make a move and we don't bash them, it's some kind of a compliment Big smile? I am inclined to answer "yes". I see 2 progresses, one tiny and a big daddy progress.

ITTV is far to be perfect but it got better; of course, the stream that breaks in the middle of the 7th game of a semi final is not fun but we know it can happen to any organization and I hope they continuously evaluate competing solutions and avoid committing to any service for more than a year at a time. ITTV's evolution is tiny a progress but it's there. Maybe they could hire zeio whose stream is better when he shares?

The big positive change is the management of rankings that favors superstars' participation, WHAT A SUCCESS! 2019 is definitely the best year ever when it's about watching tournaments of the great. I have seen the best players fighting so many times already in 2019 and it's only the beginning of July. I am grateful ITTF had the courage to go through that change, it was a genius move, no matter how imperfect it was. Many people think it should have been an hybrid solution where players should also win points for beating a player better ranked but as is, the change is already a big success. 

GREAT WORK ITTF, 2019 is much better than any previous year; and I bet the best is yet to come.

ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2019 at 1:46pm
Looks like they managed to force all of ML, FZD, LGY and XX to play in the AUSTRALIAN, not Austrian Open. Yep, I'd say that's a success in itself LOL 
vik2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vik2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2019 at 1:04pm
I wouldn't be so hasty in saying 2019 is a great year. They really need to step up their editing and providing better highlights. I'm not gonna even talk about the video quality because I've lost my faith on that a long ago. 

They need to recognize that many don't have the time to watch games live (time zone different and busy schedule) and rely heavily on edits. Most people, including myself do our best to not get spoiled before going through the highlights. I'm particularly bothered by their coverage for Australian open. Many highlights are missing in the videos section in their YouTube channel and you are faced with a video with a thumbnail disclosing who won even when the highlights of that game isn't even f**king available yet. 

Edited by vik2000 - 07/12/2019 at 1:05pm
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2019 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by vik2000 vik2000 wrote:

I wouldn't be so hasty in saying 2019 is a great year. They really need to step up their editing and providing better highlights. I'm not gonna even talk about the video quality because I've lost my faith on that a long ago. 

They need to recognize that many don't have the time to watch games live (time zone different and busy schedule) and rely heavily on edits. Most people, including myself do our best to not get spoiled before going through the highlights. I'm particularly bothered by their coverage for Australian open. Many highlights are missing in the videos section in their YouTube channel and you are faced with a video with a thumbnail disclosing who won even when the highlights of that game isn't even f**king available yet. 
Even though I agree, the other side of me says that we have no right to complain, because we don’t pay anything to see these highlights.
pingpungpeng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2019 at 1:38pm
I haven't watched a full match on ittv for ages.
It's not that I don't have time.
I guess I'm just not interested.

And the stuff the players do just exasperates me more.
Like the touching of the table near the net.
Or the "running in the place" before points.
I go like "COME ON!!! START ALREADY!!!" LOL

Even when I watch the highlight videos, in the past I would watch the whole video maybe.
Now I just go directly to the last 30 seconds to see the final result.

but this is not just for table tennis.
it's for every sport.

Edited by pingpungpeng - 07/12/2019 at 1:41pm
Simon_plays View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2019 at 1:52pm

One thing they have changed in the aspect of spoilers that I am very grateful for is that on the ITTF TV website it no longer tells you how long matches are. Nothing worse than seeing that the match you'd been waiting for is only 28 minutes long since this makes it pretty clear exactly how many sets were played. 

piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2019 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by Tt Gold Tt Gold wrote:

Even though I agree, the other side of me says that we have no right to complain, because we don’t pay anything to see these highlights.

We don't pay not because we don't want to pay. We don't have this option
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2019 at 3:36pm
I kind of agree with the OP that things are a bit better.  Not perfect but better.
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2019 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

Originally posted by Tt Gold Tt Gold wrote:

We don't pay not because we don't want to pay. We don't have this option
well, a lot of people don’t want to pay. I’m sure most of us here on this forum would pay, but a lot of people are just greedy but don’t want to pay. Happens everywhere in the world. I guess it’s partly because we are spoiled by all the free content we are getting online. It is really shocking actually, how millions of people watch some free content, but once it isn’t free anymore only a small number of them keep watching.
Simas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2019 at 7:23am
Originally posted by Simon_plays Simon_plays wrote:

One thing they have changed in the aspect of spoilers that I am very grateful for is that on the ITTF TV website it no longer tells you how long matches are. Nothing worse than seeing that the match you'd been waiting for is only 28 minutes long since this makes it pretty clear exactly how many sets were played. 

hm, had to double check. At least I see the duration... Wacko

By the way, they should update/facelift their website some date. It's quite old school and not that user friendly 

Edited by Simas - 07/14/2019 at 7:23am
Stiga Offensive Classic Legend
DHS Hurricane Neo3
Donic Bluefire JP01 Turbo
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2019 at 9:02am
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

The big positive change is the management of rankings that favors superstars' participation, WHAT A SUCCESS! 2019 is definitely the best year ever when it's about watching tournaments of the great. I have seen the best players fighting so many times already in 2019 and it's only the beginning of July. I am grateful ITTF had the courage to go through that change, it was a genius move, no matter how imperfect it was. Many people think it should have been an hybrid solution where players should also win points for beating a player better ranked but as is, the change is already a big success. 

GREAT WORK ITTF, 2019 is much better than any previous year; and I bet the best is yet to come.

https://www.ittf.com/2019/07/11/ceo-update-2019-progress/
Quote World Ranking – the entries for our World Tour continue to increase and it shows you that a dynamic system can work to ensure quality events and the best players play at the top events.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic