Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

USA Pan Am teams

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2019 at 1:32am
Where do you guys see these videos? I keep looking and can't find anything.
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2019 at 2:46am
Originally posted by amateur amateur wrote:

Originally posted by TT newbie TT newbie wrote:

In my eyes, the biggest choke in the history of Pan table tennis.

Not a typical choke, because Takahashi didn't have a big lead in game 3. Melanie was up 8-2, Bruna fought back to 8-8, then Melanie had game point at 10-9. After that Bruna did have 4 matchpoints on her own serve, but Melanie played all these points well.

Game 4 was close too: 7-6, 9-8, 10-9, and Bruna lost the game with a shot that hit the side of the table. Game 5 was back and forth to 5-4, before Diaz pulled away, with aggressive play and a bit of luck.

Bruna choked I saw the match and most points were  lost by bruna playing too stiff melanie wad delivering balls to make bruna miss
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2019 at 7:40am
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

Where do you guys see these videos? I keep looking and can't find anything.
It was live on ESPN 3 so you needed to have a cable/streaming service provider.  You can watch the replay now at

http://www.espn.com/watch?id=3532714 (Teams - Final, Womens PUR-BRA, Mens USA-ARG)
 http://www.espn.com/watch?id=3532709 (Teams - Semi Finals, Womens CAN-PUR, Mens USA-BRA)

Edited by pongfugrasshopper - 08/11/2019 at 8:11am
WeebleWobble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeebleWobble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2019 at 10:11am
Originally posted by mentortt mentortt wrote:

I don't think so. Kanak has yet to beat any top 20 players in the world. Win one game doesn't mean that much. Based on his performance, he will be hard to get in top 16 assuming all high ranking player are in olympics. He needs to train with Chinese top players.

In addition to Wong Chung Ting he also beat Quadri Aruna who was 21 in the world at the time and has been in the top 20.
He also took Lee Sang Su to 7 games when he was in the top 10.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
  Share Topic