Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - LF: Linear bh rubber with high throw & control?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

LF: Linear bh rubber with high throw & control?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
assam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2019 at 5:13pm
Tibhar Aurus Select 2,1mm is grear for BH. At MAX it feels too mushy
Sponsored Links

DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2019 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by assam assam wrote:

Tibhar Aurus Select 2,1mm is grear for BH. At MAX it feels too mushy

I was going to suggest it based on reviews but ive never tried it. Im testing aurus prime in 2.1 right now and it feels fast but not too fast, has many gears, not sensitive to spin like MXP, it is also lighter than MXP. Aurus select might be toned down version of that with a slightly softer feel.

Rozena 2.1 or Aurus Select 2.1 might fit the bill here.

Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2019 at 7:28am
select is not powerful. softer than other 45 deg rubber due to soft thin topsheet. only good for close table control. rozena is way more dynamic and powerful and lasts longer.

now here is what is best:
- esn camp: rhyzer 48 (if you like soft topsheet)
- japanese camp: rozena / mantra m (if you like harder topsheet)
- chinese camp (with booster): mercury 2 37/ h3n 37 (rare and overpriced)

the best choice is obvious, but you are free to get your Darwin award.
MydasDiablo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MydasDiablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2019 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by Hozuki Hozuki wrote:

select is not powerful. softer than other 45 deg rubber due to soft thin topsheet. only good for close table control. rozena is way more dynamic and powerful and lasts longer.

I appreciate your contribution, so thank you. However, in my mind Rhyzer 48 is the other end of the scale for what I stated I am looking for, it is bouncy and unforgiving. The main complaint with Rozena is the lack of spin, but it does somewhat meet the brief, although perhaps still a bit bouncy. Mantra M is a reasonable shout, although TTD still thought it was pretty bouncy, Mantra S might be more suited, I would need further impressions from long term users. Boosting is not for me, I don't have the patience and don't like leaving volatile compounds around my young children who are always finding things they shouldn't find and doing with them things they shouldn't. I don't need speed from the rubber on my backhand, I like to rip it so I can generate the power and spin myself, but I need something forgiving on passive serve return and of bat angle when ripping it. 
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2019 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by MydasDiablo MydasDiablo wrote:

Originally posted by Hozuki Hozuki wrote:

I appreciate your contribution, so thank you. However, in my mind Rhyzer 48 is the other end of the scale for what I stated I am looking for, it is bouncy and unforgiving. The main complaint with Rozena is the lack of spin, but it does somewhat meet the brief, although perhaps still a bit bouncy. Mantra M is a reasonable shout, although TTD still thought it was pretty bouncy, Mantra S might be more suited, I would need further impressions from long term users. Boosting is not for me, I don't have the patience and don't like leaving volatile compounds around my young children who are always finding things they shouldn't find and doing with them things they shouldn't. I don't need speed from the rubber on my backhand, I like to rip it so I can generate the power and spin myself, but I need something forgiving on passive serve return and of bat angle when ripping it. 

well, you realize that high throw means higher sensitivity to spin?
if it's just about bounce, rhyzer can be too bouncy, indeed.
now, you can reduce bounce by four ways
1) harder topsheet
2) softer or harder sponge (depending at what impact strenght you want bounce)
3) thinner sponge
4) less (factory) tuning

now, as to what actually fits you, you can only find out by trying.
I'd recommend fastarc C-1 in 1.8mm or mercury 2 medium unboosted for two different approaches.
I find these good in recieving passively.
Good luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic