Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chinese National Team

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
imyourmaster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imyourmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chinese National Team
    Posted: 08/06/2019 at 1:27am
The Chinese National Team was in Los Angeles International Airport tonight 08/06/19 and will be training at UCLA for a few weeks.
topspinschuss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topspinschuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2019 at 2:37am
Training at UCLA? Why? I assume it's just physical training as every table tennis player at UCLA sucks compared to them. LOL
Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2019 at 3:28am
I wonder if you can go watch them train...

chongqinghotpot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chongqinghotpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2019 at 7:42am
they have too much money 
USATT rating 2200
05Vis64

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chongqinghotpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2019 at 7:49am
turns out it is another trip of Pingpong diplomacy. The CNT will train with USA NT for a few weeks 
USATT rating 2200
05Vis64
lgxb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgxb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2019 at 8:21am
Originally posted by chongqinghotpot chongqinghotpot wrote:

they have too much money 

Who?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chongqinghotpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2019 at 8:31am
CNT
USATT rating 2200
05Vis64
Charlie Brown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2019 at 9:48am

turns out it is another trip of Pingpong diplomacy. The CNT will train with USA NT for a few weeks 

i wonder if they will make a stop in Canada...smoke some weed, suck on some maple syrup....i am sure Adham will gladly supply pancakes LOL

Edited by Charlie Brown - 08/06/2019 at 9:48am
*sigh*
tom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2019 at 6:23pm

would they(CNT top players) train in the same hall or train with them, if it is with them and for a few weeks, then draw your own conclusions
imyourmaster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imyourmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2019 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by imyourmaster imyourmaster wrote:

The Chinese National Team was in Los Angeles International Airport tonight 08/06/19 and will be training at UCLA for a few weeks.

Chinese National Team (CNT) will practice at UCLA till Aug 26. Just practice, no tournaments. I was informed that CNT wants to keep a low profile due to recent political tensions between USA and China regarding trade war. USATT will talk to Chinese TTA President & Head Coach, Liu Guoliang to at least open up some of their practice sessions for media and public. Still early, no details yet. It's up to Liu Guoliang. 24 people arrived on 8/5 and the second group of 34 will arrive on 8/8....58 in total!!!
PingPongPom View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PingPongPom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2019 at 11:25pm
Aloha amigos! 

This may answers some of your questions: 
https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Table-Tennis/Features/2019/August/06/Chinese-National-Team-Touch-Down-in-Los-Angeles">https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Table-Tennis/Features/2019/August/06/Chinese-National-Team-Touch-Down-in-Los-Angeles

We are working on opening up some sessions for the public to be able to come in and watch, but we are still waiting to be able to negotiate those with the team leadership, which will be easier once the whole team arrives and the venue is setup properly. 

We are hoping to be able to get access to the team for some media which will really showcase a bit more of the behind the scenes personality of the team players, as we think this is a unique opportunity outside of the pressure of competition to be able to capture that. 

Of course at the end of the day it depends what the team are comfortable with and we still aren't sure how that will go, but we will do our best to deliver something special! :) 
http://mhtabletennis.com
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2019 at 8:20am
Originally posted by PingPongPom PingPongPom wrote:

Aloha amigos! 

This may answers some of your questions: 
https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Table-Tennis/Features/2019/August/06/Chinese-National-Team-Touch-Down-in-Los-Angeles">https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Table-Tennis/Features/2019/August/06/Chinese-National-Team-Touch-Down-in-Los-Angeles

We are working on opening up some sessions for the public to be able to come in and watch, but we are still waiting to be able to negotiate those with the team leadership, which will be easier once the whole team arrives and the venue is setup properly. 

We are hoping to be able to get access to the team for some media which will really showcase a bit more of the behind the scenes personality of the team players, as we think this is a unique opportunity outside of the pressure of competition to be able to capture that. 

Of course at the end of the day it depends what the team are comfortable with and we still aren't sure how that will go, but we will do our best to deliver something special! :) 

Hi,

This, I'm sure, will be a wonderful and valuable experience for those involved.  In the three times the Chinese National Team trained at the Werner Schlager Academy prior to the World Championships, the sessions were quite restricted, however there was some leeway for the general public viewing.  Much may be learned about the culture of the team and how they interact.  Among the qualities demonstrated are a thorough professionalism unsurpassed and a seriousness of engagement that would impress the finest of athletes.

Liu Guoliang functions as a clear, uncontested team leader with a kind, human touch, as well as a perfect gentleman and a consummate statesman for the sport.  All reflect very positively upon engaging with him.

The team players are pervasively respectful, considerate, and accommodating, with never a moment below their highest of standards.

In interacting with them, it becomes clear one of the team's greatest assets is the strength of their team culture, including a sensitivity to detail as a function of their always-present attentiveness.

Thanks, 

Donn

F = ma The most useful physical law every devised.
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2019 at 7:21pm
if they are opened to the public, I'll be bringing my MLC and Clipper and China TT jerseys for the team members to sign!
Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2019 at 9:39pm
Living in Southern California, it's such a weird thing to know that this giant posse from the CNT is practicing in our "backyard" at the moment, but we can't go watch them or anything. Kind of a bummer.

Edited by Pondus - 08/14/2019 at 10:24pm
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2019 at 10:22pm
If they stayed just a little bit longer than scheduled, they could enter the Joola LA Open in Long Beach and you'd suddenly see a surge in US players as well.  Now that would be a treat for players and spectators!
Charlie Brown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2019 at 12:10am
Then it will be $100 spectator's entry fee 😁
*sigh*
PingPongPom View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongPom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2019 at 12:35am
Hi all! 

Some insight from an interview with LGL. We are currently working on an invitation based event which will see the US Men's team take on the Chinese Women's team, which should be on the 24th. Virginia Sung has let me know that we should be able to host up to 100 guests. My thinking is that, since the invitation extends to USATT members, the best way to do it will be to create a registration event via omnipong and have people register with a 100 entry cap and a $0 registration fee. Hope to have more information very soon!

Edited by PingPongPom - 08/19/2019 at 12:37am
http://mhtabletennis.com
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2019 at 12:48am
Originally posted by PingPongPom PingPongPom wrote:

We are currently working on an invitation based event which will see the US Men's team take on the Chinese Women's team, which should be on the 24th.

Oh no... why do you want to embarrass the US men, come on now! I still remember Mark Hazinski getting crushed by Zhang Yining in Chicago.
acpoulos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acpoulos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2019 at 3:23am
When do they visit Disneyland?
Tony
Lightspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2019 at 3:27pm
Any predictions for the Chinese Women vs American Men? If it is a serious match, I think the women will easily win.  If it is a silly exhibition then its not really a match at all...
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2019 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by Lightspin Lightspin wrote:

Any predictions for the Chinese Women vs American Men? If it is a serious match, I think the women will easily win.  If it is a silly exhibition then its not really a match at all...

If no handicap, it won't be close.  
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Carbonado 45
FH: Fastarc C-1 2.0 B
BH: Fastarc C-1 2.0 R
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes.
tom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2019 at 3:37pm
men's team vs women's team  -  why would anyone want to host such an event?  King vs Riggs?  The concept of such an event is alreay emabarassing for the US
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2019 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

men's team vs women's team  -  why would anyone want to host such an event?  King vs Riggs?  The concept of such an event is alreay emabarassing for the US

The  CNT ladies have already beaten many top players in Europe in practice matches, not sure why the idea is embarrassing.  Sometimes, I wonder what motivates you sometimes.  Having a good game is not about your sex/gender, it is about your skills.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Carbonado 45
FH: Fastarc C-1 2.0 B
BH: Fastarc C-1 2.0 R
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes.
tom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2019 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

The  CNT ladies have already beaten many top players in Europe in practice matches, not sure why the idea is embarrassing.  Sometimes, I wonder what motivates you sometimes.  Having a good game is not about your sex/gender, it is about your skills.
I am sure I am not a small minority of people that finds this concept embarrassing but if you are not in that camp it is also fine.  I am expressing my opinion.
tom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2019 at 4:09pm
NL, adding to my reply, if one's country is so weak that their men's team is only competitive (maybe not even) with another country's women's team, why parade it 

Edited by tom - 08/19/2019 at 4:31pm
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2019 at 4:09pm
Kanak might get a game off Wang Manyu, but he's busy in Europe anyway.

I'd rather see LSW vs LeBron.
mentortt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mentortt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2019 at 4:17pm
Kanak can train with top Chinese players for free in US. But he selected to be in Europe. What a selection!

Originally posted by amateur amateur wrote:

Kanak might get a game off Wang Manyu, but he's busy in Europe anyway.

I'd rather see LSW vs LeBron.
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2019 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by mentortt mentortt wrote:

Kanak can train with top Chinese players for free in US. But he selected to be in Europe. What a selection!

He's a professional and has a contract to fulfill. He gets paid to play in Europe.
aj_88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aj_88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2019 at 5:47pm
Kanak has contract obligations with his club in Grenzau or else he would definitely avail of this opportunity to train with the Chinese national team.
JA
Twiddler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twiddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2019 at 6:02pm
Kanak would have a chance against any of the CNT women.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic