Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Looking for Randy Hau

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
WangXui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WangXui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for Randy Hau
    Posted: 08/06/2019 at 11:41pm
My name is Wang Xui
I am trying to move to Houston area in October
I was told there is a player in this forum known as Randy Hau who may know about all the clubs in the Houston area. 
Any help is appreciated from others as well as I am sure there are many clubs there but I am told Randy knows all of them . I want to visit as many before deciding to join on or more
I am still learning  but want to be ready by the time WITTC21 comes to Houston HA HA just kidding.

vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2019 at 8:35am
I think it is Randy Hou. I have not seen him in a while. Baal may be able to help? Any others know...Mark?
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2019 at 10:31am
Originally posted by vanjr vanjr wrote:

I think it is Randy Hou. I have not seen him in a while. Baal may be able to help? Any others know...Mark?

Pips out penhold
WangXui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WangXui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2019 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

Pips out penhold

Hou ? Hau ? Mark ? Baal ?
Same person ?
I am so confused Sorry

What does "pips ut penhold" have to do with anything ? 

benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2019 at 11:57pm

Yes, she should talk to Mark, known here online as mjamja.  He's from approximately that area and knows it well.
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2019 at 8:29am
Originally posted by WangXui WangXui wrote:

Pips out penhold

Same person ?
I am so confused Sorry

I do not know who Baal is, except I think he is in the Houston area. Randy Hou is the one in Houston you are probably looking for. I would send a direct message to Baal and ask if he can get you Randy's info (or IF he is Randy-that would be a surprise) or maybe Baal can help you.
WangXui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WangXui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2019 at 7:34pm

I do not know who Baal is, except I think he is in the Houston area. Randy Hou is the one in Houston you are probably looking for. I would send a direct message to Baal and ask if he can get you Randy's info (or IF he is Randy-that would be a surprise) or maybe Baal can help you.

I give up. Is this some kind of punishment I need to endure for joining this forum (like a gang initiation ceremony). Because it looks like you are messing with me. 
Is Randy Hou here and is he BAAL ? If yes & if you are BAAL please please provide contact email & cell number so I can contact you. I hope you can take me to various clubs in Houston area or at least the one you play at. That is all I ask.

Thank you 

Edited by WangXui - 08/08/2019 at 8:49pm
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2019 at 7:38pm

I give up. Is this some kind of punishment I need to endure for joining this forum (like a gang initiation ceremony). Because it looks like you are messing with me. 
Is Randy Hou here and is he BAAL ? If yes & if you are BAAL please please provide contact email & cell number so I can contact you. I hope you can take me to various clubs in Houston area or at least teh one you play at. That is all I ask.

Thank you 

Why you think he should do it for you?
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2019 at 7:43pm

Is Randy Hou here and is he BAAL ? If yes & if you are BAAL please please provide contact email & cell number so I can contact you. I hope you can take me to various clubs in Houston area or at least teh one you play at. That is all I ask.

Thank you 

BAAL is one of the moderators on this forum. All they are saying is he might know who Randy Hou is. You can contact BAAL directly by private message by going on his member profile and send him a message.
https://www.facebook.com/SeattlePacificTableTennisClub/timeline
WangXui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WangXui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2019 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

Why do you think he (BAAL aka Randy Hou) should NOT do it for me ?
Does he have a nasty reputation on this forum ?
Just curious what prompted you to say such a thing.

I looked at many posts in this forum and it looks like BAAL is quick on the trigger , so may be you know something I don't ?!

piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2019 at 8:58pm

Is he your friend or relative? Why he should waste his time for stranger? Only because you want he show to you clubs?
WangXui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WangXui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2019 at 9:51pm

Is he your friend or relative? Why he should waste his time for stranger? Only because you want he show to you clubs?

I apologize : I did not know you were his attorney . In the future I promise to send you first all my questions to BAAL aka Randy Hou  and then post it one & only if you approve.

It is quite amazing how pilgrim rides my behind for no reason

Compare this to the nice reply from Vince64
kyle90 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kyle90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2019 at 9:56pm
There’s HITTA in Katy and TTT in Chinatown. Just go to each on your own.
WangXui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WangXui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2019 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by kyle90 kyle90 wrote:

Thanks for posting names

Anyway I am shocked there are only two clubs in a city the size of Houston

Are there other small clubs ?
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2019 at 12:24am
Although I think there's nothing wrong with your (opening) question, I do think it is inappropriate for people to disclose the real name of the members here... members have a right to remain anonymous if they wish to.
So people sending you PM (private message) is probably the appropriate response. Wink
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2019 at 12:35am
haggisv's recommendation makes even more sense from the perspective of an op who might or might not have other motivations than tt in finding whoever. Pilligrim was more direct lol.
WangXui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WangXui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2019 at 12:54am
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

members have a right to remain anonymous if they wish to.
When I posted first I had no idea who BAAL was. Then someone told me he or she is an administrator.
I really did not care who BAAL was but had been told he is Randy Hou which again does not matter to me.
What matters to me now given the latest facts that BAAL is an administrator , this changes things
I agree members have a right to be anonymous but I do not think administrators should have the right to be anonymous. IMO that is highly unethical.

As I said I did a research of Randy Hou aka BAAL after I was told they may may be same & again as I said he is not very friendly as administrators should be at basic level & is also quick on the trigger. Also it is not a big deal if he is not friendly but there is no need for members like pilgrimm & stilltt to gang up and repeatedly attack me

Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

So people sending you PM (private message) is probably the appropriate response. Wink
Randy Hou never PMed me. Which is Ok Now I know he is not a friendly person and wants to hide his identity.  I am not going to worry about him anymore. I got the answer I wanted and have learned the quality of this forum. 
BTW IMO it is also a big cover up when you say members have a right to be anonymous. I never joined this forum for long time but have read it and seen many posters being banned for just not revealing who they are but yet many others remain anonymous and attack newbies with impunity. Such hypocrisy is sickening. 
Whatever dude

mykonos96 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2019 at 3:07am

Pips out penhold

Same person ?
I am so confused Sorry

Because there s  player called randy hou playing penhold pips i tried to help but seems like you are annoyed
passifid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote passifid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2019 at 3:48am
Maybe you are new to the internet. 
Let me explain.

This forum is just a place like a TT club where people come to chat. Members here have been like 

we don't know who you are taking about but this baal guys might be a good person to ask. He isn't here at the moment.

It is your job to now message baal if you want help from him. He might not read this thread and it also no one will send him your message because it would be easier for everyone if you send it as of he replied we would have to send you his reply etc.

People were being very helpful with giving you the tool your need to find someone helpful. They have stopped because you looked at the tools and said "well get started then". It's probably a misunderstanding but if you need to speak to a specific member it's on you to do that, especially if it's for a private message!

Hope this clears it up. We are not a company and even me who has a few posts I don't think I have ever actually messaged or replied to baal 
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2019 at 6:17am

I do not think administrators should have the right to be anonymous.

this start to be very interesting
Nightsky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2019 at 7:34am
deleted..nevermind

Edited by Nightsky - 08/09/2019 at 9:27am
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2019 at 9:10am
sorry I was so slow to realize that this is a troll thread...
Nightsky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2019 at 9:15am

sorry I was so slow to realize that this is a troll thread...

You might be right. What gives it away that OP is a troll?
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2019 at 11:32am
I think you may mean Randy Hou.  We are not the same person although we both live in Houston.  He has been playing in Houston for decades but I don't think he posts here.  He is a very good player (I first played him in 1998), also a nice guy.  Short pips penholder with very good defense and a really effective forehand attack.  Knee problems have slowed him down but nobody should ever underestimate him.

OK, in response to your question, it depends a bit on where you will live, your level, and what you are looking for in terms of coaching etc.  I think the best place to start is the Texas Table Tennis Training Center located on Sovereign St.  Randy mainly plays at another club (mostly Chinese members) located very nearby that but to be honest I think they may have changed locations and I have not been there in a decade.   

Edited by Baal - 08/09/2019 at 12:32pm
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2019 at 12:22pm

Originally posted by kyle90 kyle90 wrote:

Thanks for posting names

Anyway I am shocked there are only two clubs in a city the size of Houston

Are there other small clubs ?

Yes.  There is a small one at the Chinese Community Center (located very close to the TTTC).  If you go to TTTC people there will be able to tell you where that group is now.  There is also a Badminton club near Sugarland where some people occasionally play (I have driven by but never played there). 

It depends a bit on what you are looking for in terms of playing conditions, social interactions, etc.  The one on Sovereign Street (TTTC) has nice tables and pretty good lighting and has Gerflor.  Easy on the knees.  Lots of space on each court.  A mixture of members in terms of level and where they are originally from.  This is also true for the club in Katy on Mason Road (but the lighting there is not so good in my opinion).  Houston is pretty large and it is a 90 minute drive from where I live in central Houston so I never go to the Katy club.  They have great training for kids lots of young Chinese coaches.  The Chinese Community Center has tile floors and not much space but a lot cheaper.  I have not played there in ten years.  Randy mostly plays there, as does Henry Chen.  As you might expect, nearly everyone who plays there is from China, and my impression is that the members tend to be older and they form a tight social community.   

The Houston Table Tennis Association (HTTA) used to have a club on Boone St. but we had to close a few years ago due to huge increase in rent.  A shame because it had the best floor and lighting (but ceilings were too low).

So there you have it.  There are not a huge number of clubs for a city this size but in my opinion two of them offer good playing conditions and quite a significant number of players over a very wide range of levels (from 1000 to 2500).

I would have answered this earlier but have been busy lately.  Also, have not been playing much owing to recurrent back injury.

Edited by Baal - 08/09/2019 at 12:29pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic