Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2019 ITTF Bulgaria Open 13-18 August

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2019 ITTF Bulgaria Open 13-18 August
    Posted: 08/19/2019 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

sorry guys, but watched first two games on the ITTF hilight on youtube of the men's final, didn't see too many (if any) FH winners by HT - this is not to say he didn't improve on that front (did not bother with comparisons) - but isn't that what matters, winning FH points against top opponents?

I think highlights don't tell the whole story... Harimoto always has a BH oriented game so most of his points should always come from that wing, the FH is more to be a sufficient threat that people will still prefer going to his BH. Previously it looked like his FH movement was just too slow so in fast rallies if people hit to his FH he didn't have the speed to cover them and had to resort to blocking or stepping back to counterloop which is not his game. There were a couple of super fast rallies in the final that involved Zhao Zihao hitting it to Harimoto's FH and he handled them superbly (in the past he would have lost his position very fast in this types of situations). 

It's still a work in progress but it is already looking good!

+1.  
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Carbonado 145
FH: Fastarc C-1 2.0 B
BH: Fastarc C-1 2.0 R
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes.
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2019 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by pongfugrasshopper pongfugrasshopper wrote:

Though not as famous as his CNT-A compatriots, Zhao Zihao has beaten Lin Yun Ju (2019 Hungarian Open) and took out 3 top-20 players in this tournament ... Gauzy, Dima, and Aruna.  So he's a very formidable opponent.  Best not to look at world ranking especially when it comes to CNT members that do not regularly play ITTF tournaments.
=================
Agree with you.
Zhao Zihao has a world ranking of 110.
He deserve top 30, I guess.
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2019 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

sorry guys, but watched first two games on the ITTF hilight on youtube of the men's final, didn't see too many (if any) FH winners by HT - this is not to say he didn't improve on that front (did not bother with comparisons) - but isn't that what matters, winning FH points against top opponents?

I think highlights don't tell the whole story... Harimoto always has a BH oriented game so most of his points should always come from that wing, the FH is more to be a sufficient threat that people will still prefer going to his BH. Previously it looked like his FH movement was just too slow so in fast rallies if people hit to his FH he didn't have the speed to cover them and had to resort to blocking or stepping back to counterloop which is not his game. There were a couple of super fast rallies in the final that involved Zhao Zihao hitting it to Harimoto's FH and he handled them superbly (in the past he would have lost his position very fast in this types of situations). 

It's still a work in progress but it is already looking good!
-------
Tacky rubber lover :)

Stiga Clipper CR

FH: Hurricane 8
BH: Hurricane 3-50
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2019 at 9:45pm
Though not as famous as his CNT-A compatriots, Zhao Zihao has beaten Lin Yun Ju (2019 Hungarian Open) and took out 3 top-20 players in this tournament ... Gauzy, Dima, and Aruna.  So he's a very formidable opponent.  Best not to look at world ranking especially when it comes to CNT members that do not regularly play ITTF tournaments.
tom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2019 at 2:25pm
"TH's FH was sufficient to get ZZ to avoid it and trying to pressure TH's BH instead" ----- That would be one hell of a stategy Confused
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2019 at 1:44pm
Zhang ranked?
YoAss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoAss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2019 at 11:57am
TH's FH was sufficient to get ZZ to avoid it and trying to pressure TH's BH instead.  Good luck with that, I'd have remarked if I'd been present, and the rest is history.
tom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2019 at 11:55am
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2019 at 7:49am
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

No Chinese top players are in this Bulgaria Open, nor in the upcoming Czech Open.
Japan's top players are in both.

Well, these Chinese top players are in Los Angeles, CA.
Donn

"You must be brave." Guo Yuehua
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2019 at 7:09am
Zhao did wrong give all the time to Harimoto BH
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2019 at 4:00am

You have to adjust the magnitude of the stroke depending on the incoming ball but stroke fundamentals are similar. A better look of his improved stroke is the finishing FH powerloop at 8:32...with a much reduced arm backswing but still with the fundamentals of hip and thoracic rotation.

Yes, but I don't think these were the shots that he had problems with when people complained about his forehand.  I agree that the arm closer to the body is an improvement. 
Carbonado 145
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2019 at 12:58am
Originally posted by jackwong23 jackwong23 wrote:

Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

Originally posted by amateur amateur wrote:

Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

Zhao zhihao beat Dimo last year

Ovtcharov himself said they had had 2 matches: 1 in 2015, and 1 last year. He said he won both, narrowly. Dima's usually very good about remembering his matches and his opponents. So you may want to back up your claim with more details.

Cant add anything else  I have the video somewhere i m not 100% sure but he lost to a young penholder in cttsl maybe he wasnt zihao

That was Fan Shengpeng. See 2015 CTTSL thread in this forum.

The guy obviously made up the match
which did not exist to support his argument . LOLLOL

I make mistakes but you make fake accountsWink

go away you troll

Truth hurts
jackwong23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2019 at 12:06am

Ovtcharov himself said they had had 2 matches: 1 in 2015, and 1 last year. He said he won both, narrowly. Dima's usually very good about remembering his matches and his opponents. So you may want to back up your claim with more details.

Cant add anything else  I have the video somewhere i m not 100% sure but he lost to a young penholder in cttsl maybe he wasnt zihao

go away you troll
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2019 at 11:27pm
You have to adjust the magnitude of the stroke depending on the incoming ball but stroke fundamentals are similar. A better look of his improved stroke is the finishing FH powerloop at 8:32...with a much reduced arm backswing but still with the fundamentals of hip and thoracic rotation.

-------

Stiga Clipper CR

NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2019 at 10:52pm

Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Congratulations Harimoto!  He's really shown growth in this tournament.  His forehand has obviously improved considerably, but did everyone notice the beautiful spinny, arcing backhand to close out game 4?  

Lol and everyone doubted that he could retrain his FH movement when I said he was obviously working on it, he done it in just a few months post WTTC.... sometimes you just need to execute to silence the doubters and haters...

It is still a work in progress and it broke down for significant parts of the match vs Takuya Jin.  The footwork isn't always sharp as well.  That said, it is all headed in the right direction though it is becoming more conventional.  We just need to see it tested against better and better players.
He is still using thoracic rotation rather than waist (so still unconventional in TT), however the stroke is a lot tighter with the elbow being much closer to the body to allow for a faster and more stable stroke.

Yes, but his hip rotation is relatively limited even against backspin balls.  And the second forehand in this sequence is hardly an example of thoracic rotation - it is the traditional use of the back muscles that characterizes most high level TT.

Or here

https://youtu.be/X8i2bncy4qo?t=148

Or here

https://youtu.be/X8i2bncy4qo?t=315

Edited by NextLevel - 08/18/2019 at 10:59pm
Carbonado 145
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2019 at 10:48pm

jackwong23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2019 at 10:40pm

Edited by jackwong23 - 08/18/2019 at 10:42pm
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2019 at 10:21pm
[moved to another thread]

Edited by amateur - 08/18/2019 at 10:22pm
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2019 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Congratulations Harimoto!  He's really shown growth in this tournament.  His forehand has obviously improved considerably, but did everyone notice the beautiful spinny, arcing backhand to close out game 4?  

Lol and everyone doubted that he could retrain his FH movement when I said he was obviously working on it, he done it in just a few months post WTTC.... sometimes you just need to execute to silence the doubters and haters...

It is still a work in progress and it broke down for significant parts of the match vs Takuya Jin.  The footwork isn't always sharp as well.  That said, it is all headed in the right direction though it is becoming more conventional.  We just need to see it tested against better and better players.
He is still using thoracic rotation rather than waist (so still unconventional in TT), however the stroke is a lot tighter with the elbow being much closer to the body to allow for a faster and more stable stroke.
-------

Stiga Clipper CR

skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2019 at 9:09pm
No Chinese top players are in this Bulgaria Open, nor in the upcoming Czech Open.
Japan's top players are in both.
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2019 at 8:51pm

[QUOTE=pongfugrasshopper]Congratulations Harimoto!  He's really shown growth in this tournament.  His forehand has obviously improved considerably, but did everyone notice the beautiful spinny, arcing backhand to close out game 4?  

[/QUOT
 He has won to players under  top 10 he should have won zhao 4  0 .do you think is gonna win with the full house of top players. Btw HT has improved the power of his screaming
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2019 at 8:22pm

Carbonado 145
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2019 at 6:30pm

-------

Stiga Clipper CR

igorponger View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2019 at 4:05pm
https://asobigokoro.mokichang.com/post-2833/

I do not trust Misutaney any longer, the horse got outworked. I favour Yoshimura much better.

amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2019 at 1:32pm

mykonos96 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2019 at 12:50pm

Edited by mykonos96 - 08/18/2019 at 1:10pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2019 at 12:48pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2019 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by pipboy76 pipboy76 wrote:

I think Adam is tired of Harimoto's scream now too. Join the anit-fan of Harimoto.
What makes you say that? I didn't see the match so i don't know if he said anything about it or not.
I watched the match and heard nothing from Adam to indicated that he's tired of Harimoto's cho's or anything anti-Harimoto.  
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2019 at 12:42pm
Apart from the virus thing, the tournament seems to have been well-run and successful. They even made an effort to find Bulgarian interpreters who could translate from Japanese and Chinese.
pipboy76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pipboy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2019 at 12:32pm

I think Adam is tired of Harimoto's scream now too. Join the anit-fan of Harimoto.
What makes you say that? I didn't see the match so i don't know if he said anything about it or not.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic