Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CCY left Taiwan team

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kindof99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CCY left Taiwan team
    Posted: 09/04/2019 at 12:58pm
CCY is leaving Taiwan team to play in Europe. He mentioned that he was not treated fairly...
IMO, CCY should retire now already.
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2019 at 1:05pm
He seems so frustrated. LYJ is the superstar now but I do not think CCY has trouble digesting that, he just can't stand the lack of respect for the ancient he is; if he wants to play the singles events only, why not? can't they give him that on his way out? for 20 years he carried his country and they throw him out like an old sock, very bad karma for Taipei team.

Edited by stiltt - 09/04/2019 at 1:05pm
Lightspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2019 at 4:28pm
There has been drama between CCY and the Taiwanese association even before this but I do not know enough to comment who was in the right and who was in the wrong.  If he still wants to play in Europe let him play.  He is still a great player.  Why retire? 
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2019 at 5:04pm
People that say that players that are older should retire piss me off. A lot of people said these things about Boll over the years and now CCY? Why should he retire? Please give me one good reason. He can still beat most players in the world. @kindof99 why are you still playing? I guess you’d say “for fun”. Maybe CCY also has fun playing table tennis.
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2019 at 12:20am
Originally posted by Lightspin Lightspin wrote:

There has been drama between CCY and the Taiwanese association even before this but I do not know enough to comment who was in the right and who was in the wrong.  If he still wants to play in Europe let him play.  He is still a great player.  Why retire? 
Taiwanese association never gave a penny to CCy before he started winning. 

It has noting to do with his age, LYJ or retirement. Taipei team wants CCY to play at the Asian championship, but CCY wants to enter the Paraguay open. The rumor has it that team coach don't like him anyway Tongue
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
Lightspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2019 at 12:36am
I agree with TT Gold.  It also pisses me off to hear people say "so and so should retire."  It is not like a player is going to get permanent brain damage playing like in the NFL or boxing.  It is not like they might get someone killed like in F1 racing.  If a player wants to play, they should play.  Boll and Samsonov are doing great in their older years.  Waldner was champion of Sweden at age 45 and if he took better care of his body, he probably could have played at a super high level for much longer.  Play until you do not want to play anymore. 
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2019 at 12:52am
I think Harimoto is too old.
He should retire. It's about time already.

FdT
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2019 at 1:42am
Originally posted by Fulanodetal Fulanodetal wrote:

I think Harimoto is too old.
He should retire. It's about time already.

FdT

If he doesn’t take good care of his vocal chords he is going to have to retire them soon... LOL
Force Pro BE FL 82g | H3 Neo 2.15 + FTL | Aurus Prime 2.1
Force Pro BE AN 82g | 2x Aurus Prime 2.1
FS Feedback
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2019 at 8:17am
Originally posted by Egghead Egghead wrote:

Originally posted by Lightspin Lightspin wrote:

Taiwanese association never gave a penny to CCy before he started winning. 

It has noting to do with his age, LYJ or retirement. Taipei team wants CCY to play at the Asian championship, but CCY wants to enter the Paraguay open. The rumor has it that team coach don't like him anyway Tongue
they should be extremely thankful for what he has done. His parents and also CCY himself did a lot for Taiwan. Just thinking about his match against JSH in wtttc 2014 says it all. Not only did he manage to have no incredible comeback, but he also brought Taiwan into the highest round they ever reached so far. Absolute legend
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2019 at 12:30pm
CCY, come to USA we'll respect you here!!!
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2019 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

CCY, come to USA we'll respect you here!!!

For sure.  I'm not sure we could pay him very well though.
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2019 at 11:30pm
between all tourneys prize money, private coaching at $120/h. clinics and group coaching, he could do pretty well. 100k/year of disposable income is within reach for him. Is that too low for a retired champion?
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2019 at 1:32am
Drama, drama and more drama Tongue
-------
Tacky rubber lover :)

Stiga Clipper CR

FH: Hurricane 8
BH: Hurricane 3-50
qpskfec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qpskfec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2019 at 2:15am

between all tourneys prize money, private coaching at $120/h. clinics and group coaching, he could do pretty well. 100k/year of disposable income is within reach for him. Is that too low for a retired champion?

Sounds way too optimistic.

Ex world champions like Stellan and Gao Jun don't charge $120.

If CCY did come over to coach, unless he opened up his own club, he would be a guest coach at existing clubs. The host club would take a cut of any revenue. I could see him rotating thru cities like LA, SF, and NY.

From his revenue cut, he would have to pay 15% payroll taxes, fed/state income tax, and travelling/living expenses. So he's not likely to clear anywhere near $100K after expenses. His economic opportunities in Taiwan are likely much better.

Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2019 at 4:32am
I think he already runs his own club in Taiwan.
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2019 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by qpskfec qpskfec wrote:

If CCY did come over to coach, unless he opened up his own club, he would be a guest coach at existing clubs. The host club would take a cut of any revenue. I could see him rotating thru cities like LA, SF, and NY.

From his revenue cut, he would have to pay 15% payroll taxes, fed/state income tax, and travelling/living expenses. So he's not likely to clear anywhere near $100K after expenses. His economic opportunities in Taiwan are likely much better.
you make a lot of sense, really; yes, his own club would be a must have. When I see rich people transforming themselves into a carpet for former 2nd knifes to walk on, I imagine we'd get several ready to bank roll CCY and help him create his academy.
With all due respect to Stellan and his world title from almost a 1/2 century ago, I believe CCY can market himself at a higher rate, especially if catering those looking for the special experience to train with somebody who played ALL superstars in the last 20 years, all of them, and still able to give them a run for their money.

Edited by stiltt - 09/06/2019 at 12:38pm
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2019 at 3:04pm

Originally posted by qpskfec qpskfec wrote:

you make a lot of sense, really; yes, his own club would be a must have. When I see rich people transforming themselves into a carpet for former 2nd knifes to walk on, I imagine we'd get several ready to bank roll CCY and help him create his academy.
With all due respect to Stellan and his world title from almost a 1/2 century ago, I believe CCY can market himself at a higher rate, especially if catering those looking for the special experience to train with somebody who played ALL superstars in the last 20 years, all of them, and still able to give them a run for their money.

Would be nice making $120K a year working 20 hours a week, but who's paying $120/hr in the USA?  Sounds like pie in the sky to me.
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2019 at 3:20pm
If you do not think $90/hour is too much, why would you think 33% more than that would be pie in the sky? unless of course you do not know that $90/h in the USA is out there already.
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2019 at 5:25pm

If you do not think $90/hour is too much, why would you think 33% more than that would be pie in the sky? unless of course you do not know that $90/h in the USA is out there already.
If he can make that much an hour in the US, then all the power to him. 
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2019 at 11:17pm
He would make more in Europe I would think.
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2019 at 5:01am
The USA used to be the go to place to experience life fully and it still is; however it has big competition now. Even mainland China would offer more that he can make in USA, just by signing a socks contract. It could work only if he wants to get a hint of  America's magic, by living here: you can't understand Frank Zappa or LP if you do not experience life with the people involved, those who walk on the land, I think CCY might enjoy the American way of life if he ever decided to share his life with us here.

edit: CCY please don't let us down lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vyUlO3qgLg

Edited by stiltt - 09/07/2019 at 5:17am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic