Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2019 ITTF Challenge Plus North American Open

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Charlie Brown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2019 ITTF Challenge Plus North American Open
    Posted: 10/03/2019 at 7:41pm
I guess they didn't decide to CANCEL it...can't wait to see the final list...i am hoping  for a lot LOL

"FIRST"  (entrant)Tongue

**i wonder who will be organizing it...Adham?Confused

Oh it's ITTF North America...i wonder if Adham will be shown the door if he shows up...that's the photo i want :)

Edited by Charlie Brown - 10/10/2019 at 8:24am
*sigh*

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2019 at 11:53am

i hope we can see the 130 players 8 tables setup...this is perfect for Pan Am Markham Center, hopefully the event can draw at least 100 global players for the last Challenge Plus of the year.

i've already started the "word -of -mouth" promotion as you can't rely on the clubs local and country wide to do so and ttcanada ( i don't know why they're like that especially when they state in their sites **to promote the sport** - it's contradictional, that's as polite as i can describe it)

so tell three friends to each tell three friends etc...etc... OKAY...don't rely on your local organization to "promote the sport"

there may or may not be an entry fee but everyone i know who truly love the sport would pay to see and support these players and the sport.

TT American lovers, if you have vaca-time...this would be a good period for you to visit, there is a variety of shopping and food places in and around the event...more touristy attractions 30-45mins downtown Toronto.

Our monopoly money has a good exchange rate to your green thing - come visit and support your players who will be entered LOL

Edited by Charlie Brown - 10/05/2019 at 12:45pm
*sigh*

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2019 at 8:08pm
you flag waving yankees will be happy to know ...well some of you...your favourite "woman" Liu Juan will be at the tables come Dec 4...i will tell you just how good an American player she is Tongue

oh and Wu and Tom have entered as of today

iam really hoping the players i think will be coming...actually show up...then we'll see ...i know Babara should be coming with a Lubomir (i'm hoping)

again hoping for at least 100 entries and no cancellations event and players LOL

i wonder if the Germans will come?

Edited by Charlie Brown - 10/07/2019 at 10:26pm
*sigh*
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2019 at 8:16pm
Hope we will see some chinesse players

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2019 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

Hope we will see some chinesse players

i know what you mean so i won't say it *lol*

i hope so too, this is the final Challenge Plus of the year so, i am hoping this is incentive for many.

but hey, i think this is the very first time Drinkhall and Liu Juan are competing in Canada? 

Edited by Charlie Brown - 10/07/2019 at 10:23pm
*sigh*
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2019 at 8:01am
Drinkhall also nice to see :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2019 at 11:56am
Aruna might come...don't hold me to that

Edited by Charlie Brown - 10/08/2019 at 11:56am
*sigh*

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2019 at 3:34pm
The Argentines have joined the lone [email protected], i think you will be surprised by their level.

Now i am hoping a few Russians make it over...their league is quite full of surprises.

Hoping this year-end Challenge Plus has a good Global diversity of players.

Our players need to register and practice diligently, hope Marko heals fully as he leads the Canadians into the foray, i wonder if Hong Tao will play but this time be more "competitive-ready"...i wonder if his wife can play this event? It's been a very long time she has seen this level of competition.

This clashes with The Finlandian Open...we may not see any Nordic players or from that surrounding region.
*sigh*
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2019 at 3:42pm
If Wang Chuqin come I will wait at PanAm door until December :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2019 at 3:46pm
we should know in a few weeks
*sigh*
Purett View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2019 at 10:14pm
bojan tokic will come and zhang kai
rating solid 1000
moving up to 1001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2019 at 1:32pm
We have Brian Afanador entering, the 2015 Pan Am crowd loves him, hopefully they show up with love again. Surprisingly the Dutch have entered...I thought because of the Finlandia Open we would not see any entries from that region...I am very hopeful now for a truly global event.

Edited by Charlie Brown - 10/09/2019 at 1:34pm
*sigh*
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2019 at 2:12pm
Its obviously we will see many players from USA and South America

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2019 at 3:33pm
what if Timo entered?
*sigh*
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2019 at 3:35pm
Timo on Challenge World Tour? I don't think so

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2019 at 2:57pm
the entries are slowly coming in and getting more interesting...can't wait to see what November brings Thumbs Up

Edited by Charlie Brown - 10/11/2019 at 4:37pm
*sigh*
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic