Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Places to play in Dublin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
magnuseffect View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magnuseffect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Places to play in Dublin
    Posted: 10/07/2019 at 6:58am
Hi, 

Will be visiting Dublin area (Maynooth) from October 9-11th. I play table tennis as a modern defender in Norwegian 1. league (2nd highest) and am trying to find somewhere to play or any open competitions.
kevo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2019 at 8:03am
http://looptabletennis.com/  

Hi Magnus,
Above are the three biggest clubs in Dublin. (the 2nd one is my own club) But take note. Maynooth is not actually Dublin and is a half hour drive at least to any of them. It would be possible to take the train and then bus or Luas but it might be something of an epic journey. I would imagine Pingzone would be closest to Maynooth if you have access to a car, but you'd have to google it from where you're staying. You'd be very welcome in any of them. They're all friendly clubs and welcome visiting players. Best of luck!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magnuseffect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2019 at 4:36pm
Thanks a lot kevo!

Looks like nice places, but yeah a bit far and opening hours could be difficult. I also found a club in Leixlip thats fairly close and open on Thursday, so if I can make it then I'll probably go there.
kevo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2019 at 12:06pm
Ah yes. I totally forgot about Leixslip and we play them in the league every year! A very friendly club with some very good players if they are there. And not more than 15 min from Maynooth I would imagine. Enjoy!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magnuseffect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2019 at 2:15pm
Visited Leixlip Table Tennis yesterday. Very nice people! Played with Brian, Chris, Jim and Ikuko (hope I got the name right). Got to practice both chopping against Chris and Ikuko and Looping against Jim. Recommended if you are in the area!
kevo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2019 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by magnuseffect magnuseffect wrote:

Visited Leixlip Table Tennis yesterday. Very nice people! Played with Brian, Chris, Jim and Ikuko (hope I got the name right). Got to practice both chopping against Chris and Ikuko and Looping against Jim. Recommended if you are in the area!

That's great, Magnus. Those are exactly the players I was thinking of when you mentioned Leixlip. Lovely folks and good players. I know them well and lose to them often! Glad you enjoyed it!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic