Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The West Texas Triangle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The West Texas Triangle
    Posted: 11/11/2019 at 1:08pm
Almost everyone has heard of the strange things that happen off the southeast US coast in the area known as the Bermuda Triangle.  Fewer know about the West Texas version that runs from the New Mexico border just northwest of El Paso, southeast to Terlingua, north to Fort Stockton, and then northwest back to El Paso.  Right in the center is Marfa, Tx.  The Mystery Lights of Marfa have defied explanation for decades.  But there are other things out there.

Not too long ago I posted about Butterfly Marfa, the mysterious TT store that appears out in the middle of the Antelope valley with nothing else around for miles. As you might remember I only found its Prada Marfa counterpart filled with purses and high heeled shoes. But I still search on each drive in the area.   Here is video of that encounter.

On another drive in that area I unexplainably found myself in the parking lot of the Sul Ross University Student Activity Center with an irresistible urge to go inside.  Once there I found a TT table and a racket clad with alien green rubber which telepathically called out "practice your serves  and they will miss".  I was unable to resist.

My latest triangle encounter may be the strangest yet.  I was driving from Deming, NM to Fort Stockton,Tx.  I remember getting close to El Paso when my GPS went crazy and started saying "TT now, TT now".  There was this blinding white light that enveloped the truck and the next thing I knew I was starring in the video below.

For reference that is in the El Paso TT club.

Ok, maybe there is really nothing that mysterious.  I may just be a TT obsessed senile old codger who tries to put a little touch of TT in most everything he does. But if I ever do find that Butterfly Marfa store and get to buy their super secret version of the SZLC with the special Martian Nation Team version of T05H and Dignics, the TT world better look out.

PS - I challenge anyone to go to a club dressed as I was and get someone decent to hit with them.

Mark - Lost and confused in or out of the Bermuda Triangle.

Edited by mjamja - 11/11/2019 at 1:11pm
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2019 at 7:06pm
Interesting. I just saw a high end butterfly blade a D05 on both sides at the CCTTC this past Saturday...
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2019 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by vanjr vanjr wrote:

Interesting. I just saw a high end butterfly blade a D05 on both sides at the CCTTC this past Saturday...

And even more interesting is that he only uses one side of the racket, but put D05 on both.  I told him that I hope he hates it so he will make me a good deal on it. Smile

Mark - Back in Texas for the winter.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic