Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Any successful ox lp hitters besides d. Fleisher?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Any successful ox lp hitters besides d. Fleisher?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
obesechopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obesechopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any successful ox lp hitters besides d. Fleisher?
    Posted: 11/13/2019 at 7:05pm
The dickie fleisher was a forehand ox lp curl p2 style that he took to over 2400 usatt... 

At the world class level, it seems ni xialin has reached the pinnacle of this style as a penholder. 

For amateurs, does anyone know of other current players 2000+ usatt using ox lp to hit? Not the passive pushblockers? 

I know there is zhou xintong, but she seems to be more of a hybrid player. Lots of chop blocks and that sort of thing. Fleisher and xialin seem to mainly just hit and block, to simplify things I imagine. 
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2019 at 2:00pm
Bump.
But I thought DF used sponge on his LP...and I thought P2 was a short LP (or a long MP).
I too am very interested in how to hit with LP in OX, particularly on the FH.
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2019 at 8:36pm
Kyoka Idesawa uses Goriki with Victas VO102 and Curl P-H OX. She was All Japan junior girl's champion this year, 2nd Place at the Junior Asian Championships, and just qualified for the girl's team for the junior WTTC. Only top ~450 in the world but she hasn't played much internationally, though I expect her to play a lot more in the near future, and she just turned 17.

Edited by liXiao - 11/14/2019 at 8:36pm
DHS PF4 08
TSP Triple Power
TSP Curl P3α-R OX
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2019 at 12:03am
Liu Song
Blade - Tibhar Force Pro Special Edition FL
Forehand - TBD
Backhand - Xiom Vega Europe DF
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2019 at 11:52am
There an 11 yr old girl from GA, Amber Liu, who might be hitting with LP better than anyone in the US. She'll be at the NA Teams and US Open and I'd recommend anyone who plays close to the table with LP to check her out. 

Edited by heavyspin - 11/21/2019 at 11:57am
TT idiom - Don't count your rating before the match.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2019 at 11:57am
On the BH side, Deng Yaping. 

Not sure if you were including that.
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2019 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by heavyspin heavyspin wrote:

There an 11 yr old girl from GA, Amber Liu, who might be hitting with LP better than anyone in the US. She'll be at the NA Teams and US Open and I'd recommend anyone who plays close to the table with LP to check her out. 
======================
Couldn't find any video of her playing.  Would have been great to watch how she hits with LP.
--------------------------------------
How Dickie Fleisher hits with LP:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj39duoGHPg

Edited by skip3119 - 11/21/2019 at 12:22pm
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2019 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

She didn't use ox but LN with sponge and so did Carl Prean.

By the way, Liu Song doesn't hit with LN ox either. He does play LN ox but he only returns serves or blocks with it. He tries to run around and attack everything with his fh.
Alser Allround 5 ST; DHS H3 Neo 2.1, Dr. Neubauer ABS2 2.3

My Feedback
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2019 at 5:05pm
What's "LN"?
Originally posted by Matt Pimple Matt Pimple wrote:

Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

She didn't use ox but LN with sponge and so did Carl Prean.

By the way, Liu Song doesn't hit with LN ox either. He does play LN ox but he only returns serves or blocks with it. He tries to run around and attack everything with his fh.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obesechopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2019 at 5:36pm
long nubs - german for long pips
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2019 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

Never seen him play.  Scary!
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2019 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by BeaverMD BeaverMD wrote:

Never seen him play.  Scary!
He was interviewed many years ago in the old Topics magazine and described his style as "aggressive slime."

I believe he presses the tip of his index finger into the center of his bh rubber to control the fh LP side swipe drive. This hit also creates a lot friction between the blade and the thumb and middle finger which is why he uses protective tape on those fingers.

Edited by heavyspin - 11/26/2019 at 3:59pm
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2019 at 10:45pm

======================
Couldn't find any video of her playing.  Would have been great to watch how she hits with LP.
I inspected Amber's racket at the teams. She uses Dawei Saviga 77 Monster LP, 0.5 sponge, on her backhand. She chop blocks loops and hits underspin and loose balls with a normal looking shake hand backhand stroke. She's still developing her game at age 11 so she had inconsistent results: beat a few players over 2100, lost to few players under 1900. Forum member Purett might shed some light on what it's like playing her. This girl is no joke. I should've issued an Amber alert before he played her.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2019 at 3:23pm

======================
I inspected Amber's racket at the teams. She uses Dawei Saviga 77 Monster LP, 0.5 sponge, on her backhand. She chop blocks loops and hits underspin and loose balls with a normal looking shake hand backhand stroke. She's still developing her game at age 11 so she had inconsistent results: beat a few players over 2100, lost to few players under 1900. Forum member Purett might shed some light on what it's like playing her. This girl is no joke. I should've issued an Amber alert before he played her.
I lost to her.  I mixed her up with her teammate.  In recent years I don't post matches where I play kids unless parents ask for it and I usually keep them unlisted and just share.  But if anyone really wants to see the match they can let me know and I can share it with them if I am in the right mood and i trust them. 
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Carbonado 190
FH: Tibhar MX-K 2.1 B
BH: Tibhar MX-K 2.1 R
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obesechopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2019 at 8:40pm
I'd like to see the mythical beating taking place!

Heavy has built up her skills to be quite intimidating... 
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2019 at 8:39am
Originally posted by obesechopper obesechopper wrote:

She struck me more as a pushblocker than a He Zhuoja type but since I lost to her, what do I know...
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Carbonado 190
FH: Tibhar MX-K 2.1 B
BH: Tibhar MX-K 2.1 R
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes.
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2019 at 8:52am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Originally posted by obesechopper obesechopper wrote:

She struck me more as a pushblocker than a He Zhuoja type but since I lost to her, what do I know...
I may have been misleading and I probably got this thread off track as she is not an OX LP hitter and she does pushblock a lot. However, there's no chicken winging - she has stance/posture/grip that's very standard looking. I could've started a new thread, something like "Issuing an Amber alert," but it doesn't feel right bringing too much attention, the main topic of a thread, to someone that age without parental consent. 

She can hit and does so with her LP if the situation calls for it, but I'd agree not to put her in the category of LP hitter.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic