Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

[Rant] Important table tennis etiquettes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2019 at 9:07pm
The reason the idea is stupid is because it does not work with every club. When it works, well that's great but you're trying to shoehorn a one size fits all solution when it does not work for some clubs. Talk about tunnel vision!!!!!!

Also, you are to obtuse to understand that I made a distinction between you and the idea you are pushing. I said the idea is stupid. I did not say YOU are stupid. There's a difference. Learn how to read!!!!!!!!!

FdT
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2019 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by Fulanodetal Fulanodetal wrote:

The reason the idea is stupid is because it does not work with every club. When it works, well that's great but you're trying to shoehorn a one size fits all solution when it does not work for some clubs. Talk about tunnel vision!!!!!!
Of course it is assumed we need to try things that have not been tried yet, I never pushed to shove the ladder into the throats of clubs that already failed at making it popular. I am not in love with the idea of a ladder anyway, I just want to say that survival in in the move and trying always new things is the way to go elsewhere than extinction.
If you do not try, how do you know it does not work? How do you know an idea is stupid if you have not tested it?

Originally posted by Fulanodetal Fulanodetal wrote:

I said the idea is stupid. I did not say YOU are stupid. There's a difference. 
Sorry, that just does not work.

Anyway I am done now, but I have identified you as a parasite: you more often than not exist by taking down people through the most uncreative, violent and unexpected approach. That unpredictable side of yours is sickening, we never know when you are going to bite, like the other fool from whom I forgot the handle: when you are not aggressive you are utterly boring, in the end you're just waste; but lucky you, you have a great life, unlike me.

Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2019 at 3:02pm
I hope you have a fainting couch because you are acting like a drama queen of the first order.

Not only you are too dumb to understand the distinction between criticizing an idea from an insult. You have the reading skills of a 4 year old. And the personality of one, throwing tantrums like a spoiled little brat.

I criticized the idea, you went out and insulted me personally, then acted as the injured party. What a hypocrite.

FdT
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2019 at 3:11pm
I got over it, we’re good? Tongue

What a great week ahead!
pitigoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pitigoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2019 at 9:33pm
I do challenge stronger players when I feel it is not fair that two of them hog a table while us (intermediate for this club) have to take turns playing matches. And as I take in average one set per match, don't feel bad about it.
Right hand: Stiga Allround NCT (74g) /Rasant Grip max/Talon OX red (total 135g)
Left hand: Stiga Allround WRB (71g)/Vega Europe max/Innova Ultra Light max (total 153g)
Fitness Friendship Fun
racquetsforsale View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racquetsforsale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2019 at 4:00pm
Might be a bad comparison.
Say you're about to do some benchpresses at the gym.
At one bench are 2 guys taking turns, each pushing four 45 pound plates.
At the only other bench are 3 guys taking turns, each pushing two 25 pound plates.
You can push at most two 35 pound plates.
Would you really barge in at the bench with the two much stronger dudes.
I wouldn't. One, because I'd be embarrassed. Two, and this is the most important reason: I'd be disrupting their flow.

Of course, if club rules prohibit players from hogging a table, then all is fair game.
Nevertheless, I'm for giving everyone more or less equal time on table. In addition, if the majority of the paying members are intermediate players, it's wise to retain them at the cost of possibly losing the few better players. However, having good players in the club can raise the club atmosphere and the spirit of the others to improve their game. 
pitigoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pitigoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2019 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by racquetsforsale racquetsforsale wrote:

[... part of post deleted ...] However, having good players in the club can raise the club atmosphere and the spirit of the others to improve their game. 

Good players which only hit with each other (as most do) do not help much the others improve. You can watch the strong players but then you find even stronger on youtube.

I am trying to reserve 20 minutes "charity" play per 2 hour session, hitting with some I can crush. So far mostly picking those rather consistent but too slow to be dangerous (as I try to be when hitting with stronger players). As a matter of fact, with both stronger and weaker players, I mention this 20m before we hit.

In any case, we paid the same amount to enter this club so I expect similar time at the table.   
Left hand: Stiga Allround WRB (71g)/Vega Europe max/Innova Ultra Light max (total 153g)
Fitness Friendship Fun
pitigoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pitigoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2019 at 2:46pm
Today I was on the other side of the situation. One guy I sometimes hit with for "charity" put his paddle where I was hitting with another player my level (in hitting; in points I am weaker due to serves). I asked my partner to leave
for ten minutes and 11-2, 11-4, 11-2. I hope next time he finds another table for his paddle.
Fitness Friendship Fun
ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2019 at 4:17pm
Always tricky from reading the posts. Sometimes having a good fun match with someone who is a fair bit weaker and giving them a open game gives chance to practice a few weaker strokes or try other things and they enjoy it as well. Also they might remember the chance they had a good match with a better player in a positive way.

Is it always match play/challenge matches at these venues btw?

Edited by ghostzen - 12/06/2019 at 4:18pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic