Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - khriztzmass für die frenchy.....AGAIN
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedkhriztzmass für die frenchy.....AGAIN

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pingpungpeng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member


Joined: 12/14/2017
Location: chaila
Status: Offline
Points: 869
Direct Link To This Post Topic: khriztzmass für die frenchy.....AGAIN
    Posted: 11/27/2019 at 2:32am

this time it starts at 8:10

seems like gauzy hits ball twice or at least carries it in a strange way.
lin stops the point.
referee gives point to lin.
gauzy argues.
referee changes point to gauzy.

lin's attitude is very similar to hina hayata, he doesn't say a word. 
asian are there just to play, they don't talk, they don't argue, they don't show any emotion.

do you think the decision was correct?


Edited by pingpungpeng - 11/27/2019 at 2:43am
Back to Top
kuifje View Drop Down
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: 04/06/2010
Location: UK
Status: Offline
Points: 117
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2019 at 3:38am
Accidental double hit - point to Gauzy is correct.
Back to Top
Static View Drop Down
Member
Member


Joined: 08/12/2019
Location: NL
Status: Online
Points: 22
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2019 at 6:56am
First of all Lin is in the wrong to just stop the point himself. At least wait till the umpire says anything. Gauzy had an accidental double hit which the rules state is allowed. Seems he is in the right to complain since he is correct. 
Nittaku Accoustic, FH: Tenergy 05, BH: Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 43
Back to Top
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Avatar

Joined: 07/15/2007
Location: Pongville, WA
Status: Offline
Points: 16509
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2019 at 9:04am
For those who do not know very clear rules where there is no discussion possible, that might be a good thread to learn.

I guess the question is down to "did gauzy commit a double hit on purpose?" the umpire did not believe so, nobody did.

It's all over the place:

What's up with the threads against the French anyway? is the OP a Xu Xin fan that did not get over the last wttc men's singles maybe? come on! a lot of water flew under the bridges of Paris already, and in case my theory is wrong and that the OP just does not have enough money to visit the city and is angry about it, those bridges are great places to sleep under in summer; I recommend le pont neuf, new friends will share nice French wine for a small fee there, our 2-buck Chuck equivalent is second to none, VIVE LA FRANCE ET VIVE LE PING PONG, BURP!


Edited by stiltt - 11/27/2019 at 9:10am
Back to Top
pingpungpeng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member


Joined: 12/14/2017
Location: chaila
Status: Offline
Points: 869
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2019 at 9:45am
Originally posted by Static Static wrote:

First of all Lin is in the wrong to just stop the point himself. At least wait till the umpire says anything. Gauzy had an accidental double hit which the rules state is allowed. Seems he is in the right to complain since he is correct. 

what surprises me the most is lin's passiveness/indifference about the whole thing.
his level of tao is just too high!!!

Image result for tao


Edited by pingpungpeng - 11/27/2019 at 10:19am
Back to Top
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 09/19/2008
Status: Offline
Points: 2407
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2019 at 10:57am
Should of been an easy call for the umpire ever since they changed the double-hit rule. Why did he give the point to Lin in the first place? It's not like Gauzy took two swings. Perhaps both Lin and the ump should study the rules more..
Back to Top
pingpungpeng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member


Joined: 12/14/2017
Location: chaila
Status: Offline
Points: 869
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2019 at 11:28am
Originally posted by ZingyDNA ZingyDNA wrote:

Should of been an easy call for the umpire ever since they changed the double-hit rule. Why did he give the point to Lin in the first place? It's not like Gauzy took two swings. Perhaps both Lin and the ump should study the rules more..

playing a frenchy is like playing a lawyer.
".......... yes but rule 666.666.666 says if I hit the ball with my index finger nail during a full moon after a branch falls from a tree, then the point is mine".
WTFFF!!!!!LOL


Edited by pingpungpeng - 11/27/2019 at 11:29am
Back to Top
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 09/19/2008
Status: Offline
Points: 2407
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2019 at 11:34am
I failed to see any relevancy here. You're probably trolling.
 
Originally posted by pingpungpeng pingpungpeng wrote:

Originally posted by ZingyDNA ZingyDNA wrote:

Should of been an easy call for the umpire ever since they changed the double-hit rule. Why did he give the point to Lin in the first place? It's not like Gauzy took two swings. Perhaps both Lin and the ump should study the rules more..

playing a frenchy is like playing a lawyer.
".......... yes but rule 666.666.666 says if I hit the ball with my index finger nail during a full moon after a branch falls from a tree, then the point is mine".
WTFFF!!!!!LOL
Back to Top
tom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member


Joined: 11/18/2013
Location: canada
Status: Offline
Points: 2252
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2019 at 11:43am
Originally posted by ZingyDNA ZingyDNA wrote:

Should of been an easy call for the umpire ever since they changed the double-hit rule. Why did he give the point to Lin in the first place? It's not like Gauzy took two swings. Perhaps both Lin and the ump should study the rules more..
yes, surprised at Lin and the umpire's (initial) reactions. PPP please quit while you are behind
Back to Top
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Avatar

Joined: 07/15/2007
Location: Pongville, WA
Status: Offline
Points: 16509
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2019 at 11:53am
Oh what I'd give for a moment or 2 
Under the bridges of Paris with you

...

Under the bridges of Paris with you
You'd make my dream come true


HeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeart




Image result for clochard sous les ponts


In the song "Under Paris' sky", Edith Piaf recommends le pont de Bercy, I am not going to argue with her, she knows her stuff! it's at at 38 seconds in the song: https://youtu.be/VaMetbpOu5k?t=38

"Sous le pont de Bercy
Un philosophe assis
Deux musiciens, quelques badauds
Puis des gens par milliers."

Man, it gives me goose bumps!




Edited by stiltt - 11/27/2019 at 12:05pm
Back to Top
serveandswing View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner


Joined: 08/15/2019
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 5
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2019 at 4:11pm
Gauzy after taking that point: "Non, je ne regrette rien." Wink
Back to Top
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator


Joined: 01/21/2010
Location: unknown
Status: Offline
Points: 13531
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2019 at 4:15pm
First and only warning about the use of "frenchy".

It is derogatory based on country of origin.  Don't do that at MyTT.

For now the thread can continue.
Back to Top
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Avatar

Joined: 07/15/2007
Location: Pongville, WA
Status: Offline
Points: 16509
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2019 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by serveandswing serveandswing wrote:

Gauzy after taking that point: "Non, je ne regrette rien." Wink
good oneThumbs Up...while Lin kept seeing l'habit en rose (silent "t" or it has a totally different meaning so pronounce "labee") until the end. (silly pun with "la vie" --> l'habit = the clothes).

Edited by stiltt - 11/27/2019 at 7:59pm
Back to Top
pingpungpeng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member


Joined: 12/14/2017
Location: chaila
Status: Offline
Points: 869
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2019 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

First and only warning about the use of "frenchy".

It is derogatory based on country of origin.  Don't do that at MyTT.

For now the thread can continue.

look my friend.
does it bother you if I call you "baal the cubanistisch" ?
Back to Top
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator


Joined: 01/21/2010
Location: unknown
Status: Offline
Points: 13531
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2019 at 8:10pm
A monomolecular layer of ice.
Back to Top
penholderxxx View Drop Down
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: 09/19/2016
Location: Malaysia
Status: Offline
Points: 321
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2019 at 8:10pm
a judicious correction by the umpire. but yes, surprised he had awarded the point to Lin. 
Iloveplayingtabletennis
Back to Top
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator


Joined: 01/21/2010
Location: unknown
Status: Offline
Points: 13531
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2019 at 8:20pm
about thev original post, Gauzy was justified to complain when the umpire made an obvious error (it  had nothing to do with being French) and Lin was impressive in maintaining his cool and his focus afterword.  But he should have played the ball.  It was good to see an umpire correct his own error but pretty bad that it happened in a pro tour event. 

Edited by Baal - 11/27/2019 at 8:22pm
Back to Top
pingpungpeng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member


Joined: 12/14/2017
Location: chaila
Status: Offline
Points: 869
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2019 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by penholderxxx penholderxxx wrote:

a judicious correction by the umpire. but yes, surprised he had awarded the point to Lin. 

kind of gives the feeling that whoever complains last gets the point.

first lin complains by stopping play -> point to lin
then gauzy complains louder and longer -> point to gauzy

in the lebesson episode...
lebesson complains -> point to lebesson


Edited by pingpungpeng - 11/27/2019 at 8:36pm
Back to Top
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Avatar

Joined: 07/15/2007
Location: Pongville, WA
Status: Offline
Points: 16509
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2019 at 9:45pm
Maurice Chevalier's version of "Sous les ponts de Paris" (under the bridges of Paris") is such a classic. I did not know Andre Claveau's, same kind of game.

Here are the lyrics. If I meet any mytt friend in Paris I'll take them to a karaoke bar to hear them singing it, time to start training, good luck and bon courage.

SOUS LES PONTS DE PARIS

Pour aller à Suresnes,
Ou bien à Charenton,
Tout le long de la Seine,
On passe sous les ponts.
Pendant le jour, suivant son cours,
Tout Paris en bateau défile,
L'coeur plein d'entrain, ça va, ça vient,
Mais l'soir, lorsque tout dort tranquille
Sous les ponts de Paris
Lorsque descend la nuit,
Tout's sort's de gueux se faufilent en cachette
Et sont heureux de trouver une couchette
Hôtel du courant d'air,
Où l'on ne paye pas cher,
L'parfum et l'eau c'est pour rien, mon marquis
Sous les ponts de Paris.

À la sortie d'l'usine
Julot rencontr' Nini,
Ça va-t-il la rouquine,
C'est ta fête aujourd'hui
Prends ce bouquet, quelques brins d'muguet,
C'est peu mais c'est tout' ma fortune,
Viens avec moi, j'connais l'endroit
Où l'on craint même pas l'clair de lune
Sous les ponts de Paris
Lorsque descend la nuit
Comm' il n'a pas d'quoi s'payer un' chambrette
Un couple heureux vient s'aimer en cachette
Et les yeux dans les yeux
Faisant des rêves bleus
Julot partag' les baisers de Nini
Sous les ponts de Paris.

Rongée par la misère
Chassée de son logis
L'on voit un' pauvre mèr'
Avec ses trois petits
Sur leur chemin, sans feu ni pain,
Ils subiront leur sort atroce,
Bientôt la nuit, la maman dit :
"Enfin ils vont dormir mes gosses."
Sous les ponts de Paris
Un' mère et ses petits
Viennent dormir là tout près de la Seine
Dans leur sommeil ils oublieront leur peine
Si l'on aidait un peu
Tous les vrais miséreux
Plus de suicid's ni de crim's dans la nuit
Sous les ponts de Paris.
Back to Top
pingpungpeng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member


Joined: 12/14/2017
Location: chaila
Status: Offline
Points: 869
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2019 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

Maurice Chevalier's version of "Sous les ponts de Paris" (under the bridges of Paris") is such a classic. I did not know Andre Claveau's, same kind of game.

Here are the lyrics. If I meet any mytt friend in Paris I'll take them to a karaoke bar to hear them singing it, time to start training, good luck and bon courage.

SOUS LES PONTS DE PARIS

Pour aller à Suresnes,
Ou bien à Charenton,
Tout le long de la Seine,
On passe sous les ponts.
Pendant le jour, suivant son cours,
Tout Paris en bateau défile,
L'coeur plein d'entrain, ça va, ça vient,
Mais l'soir, lorsque tout dort tranquille
Sous les ponts de Paris
Lorsque descend la nuit,
Tout's sort's de gueux se faufilent en cachette
Et sont heureux de trouver une couchette
Hôtel du courant d'air,
Où l'on ne paye pas cher,
L'parfum et l'eau c'est pour rien, mon marquis
Sous les ponts de Paris.

À la sortie d'l'usine
Julot rencontr' Nini,
Ça va-t-il la rouquine,
C'est ta fête aujourd'hui
Prends ce bouquet, quelques brins d'muguet,
C'est peu mais c'est tout' ma fortune,
Viens avec moi, j'connais l'endroit
Où l'on craint même pas l'clair de lune
Sous les ponts de Paris
Lorsque descend la nuit
Comm' il n'a pas d'quoi s'payer un' chambrette
Un couple heureux vient s'aimer en cachette
Et les yeux dans les yeux
Faisant des rêves bleus
Julot partag' les baisers de Nini
Sous les ponts de Paris.

Rongée par la misère
Chassée de son logis
L'on voit un' pauvre mèr'
Avec ses trois petits
Sur leur chemin, sans feu ni pain,
Ils subiront leur sort atroce,
Bientôt la nuit, la maman dit :
"Enfin ils vont dormir mes gosses."
Sous les ponts de Paris
Un' mère et ses petits
Viennent dormir là tout près de la Seine
Dans leur sommeil ils oublieront leur peine
Si l'on aidait un peu
Tous les vrais miséreux
Plus de suicid's ni de crim's dans la nuit
Sous les ponts de Paris.

dude, this thread is not free talk about france.
it's only about the situation of the gauzy/lin match.
thank you for your cooperation.
baal... take him to the station.

ps: if you want to talk about france so much go here and talk with your comrades....

ps2: why are some people allowed to spam the forum with any crap they feel like?
christmas comes to frenchy part 3 I guess.....


Edited by pingpungpeng - 11/27/2019 at 10:12pm
Back to Top
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Avatar

Joined: 07/15/2007
Location: Pongville, WA
Status: Offline
Points: 16509
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2019 at 10:44pm
OH I'm sorry. I missed the train by 10 seconds again, it went tchouk-tchouk away from me!!! The next one is in 1/2 hour, just enough time for a last post and I am gone:

I am willing to support those who would like to learn singing those songs. We'd use a video conferencing solution with a phone based conversation, we'd read the text first, explain all words past the level of preparation you would have performed already with Google translate and various documents online; we'll describe the story if any, spirit, atmosphere of the songs in the context and time they were written. Letting those details sink in will influence your voice much as the French side of you will slowly emerge. Then we'd go next level and sing together. The climax will coincide with your performance at the karaoke bar in Paris, live on mytt, right after playing table tennis somewhere.

OK no charge for the 1st song, we are running a black Friday promotion. Please PM your applications.

TRAINING CAMPS IN CHINA ARE OVERRATED!!! play table tennis in Paris before singing French songs at the karaoke bar and finish the night after a long walk on the banks of the Seine river. It's not better, just different.

I'll take you to see that kind of people too:
Same band, live:

That's a modern version of the classic from Charles Trenet from the 30s:

Would you say the young are carrying the flag pretty good? yup!

In the street too, they don't forget where they learned their game: 

"I have your hand"

For those celebrating it, Happy thanksgiving all, to all other may peace and prosperity be also with you and your trusted and loved ones.



Edited by stiltt - 11/27/2019 at 10:46pm
Back to Top
pingpungpeng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member


Joined: 12/14/2017
Location: chaila
Status: Offline
Points: 869
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2019 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

OH I'm sorry. I missed the train by 10 seconds again, it went tchouk-tchouk away from me!!! The next one is in 1/2 hour, just enough time for a last post and I am gone:

I am willing to support those who would like to learn singing those songs. We'd use a video conferencing solution with a phone based conversation, we'd read the text first, explain all words past the level of preparation you would have performed already with Google translate and various documents online; we'll describe the story if any, spirit, atmosphere of the songs in the context and time they were written. Letting those details sink in will influence your voice much as the French side of you will slowly emerge. Then we'd go next level and sing together. The climax will coincide with your performance at the karaoke bar in Paris, live on mytt, right after playing table tennis somewhere.

OK no charge for the 1st song, we are running a black Friday promotion. Please PM your applications.

TRAINING CAMPS IN CHINA ARE OVERRATED!!! play table tennis in Paris before singing French songs at the karaoke bar and finish the night after a long walk on the banks of the Seine river. It's not better, just different.

I'll take you to see that kind of people too:
Same band, live:

That's a modern version of the classic from Charles Trenet from the 30s:

Would you say the young are carrying the flag pretty good? yup!

In the street too, they don't forget where they learned their game: 

"I have your hand"

For those celebrating it, Happy thanksgiving all, to all other may peace and prosperity be also with you and your trusted and loved ones.


this is nonsense spam.
stop spamming.
baal get off your lazy ass and do something!!!
Back to Top
Dream1700 View Drop Down
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: 12/02/2017
Location: USA
Status: Offline
Points: 349
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2019 at 10:49pm
one more reason to switch to R53 if one wants to score points like that. it is not clear to me that it bounced twice. the movement did look very unusual. the rubber has crazy grip and tension. did Gauzy confirm the double bounce?
Back to Top
pingpungpeng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member


Joined: 12/14/2017
Location: chaila
Status: Offline
Points: 869
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2019 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by Dream1700 Dream1700 wrote:

one more reason to switch to R53 if one wants to score points like that. it is not clear to me that it bounced twice. the movement did look very unusual. the rubber has crazy grip and tension. did Gauzy confirm the double bounce?

this is nonsense spam.
stop spamming like stiltt.
baal do something!!!
Back to Top
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Avatar

Joined: 07/15/2007
Location: Pongville, WA
Status: Offline
Points: 16509
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2019 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by Dream1700 Dream1700 wrote:

one more reason to switch to R53 if one wants to score points like that. it is not clear to me that it bounced twice. the movement did look very unusual. the rubber has crazy grip and tension. did Gauzy confirm the double bounce?
you mean the topsheet could slip on demand to create a double hit on purpose and then we pretend "whaaaat?" Could it be controlled? that would be one whole level past the Tenergy paradigm. Expect a rule change again! Or a special glove fencing style: if the ball touches my glove I lose the point.
Back to Top
pingpungpeng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member


Joined: 12/14/2017
Location: chaila
Status: Offline
Points: 869
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2019 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

Originally posted by Dream1700 Dream1700 wrote:

one more reason to switch to R53 if one wants to score points like that. it is not clear to me that it bounced twice. the movement did look very unusual. the rubber has crazy grip and tension. did Gauzy confirm the double bounce?
you mean the topsheet could slip on demand to create a double hit on purpose and then we pretend "whaaaat?" Could it be controlled? that would be one whole level past the Tenergy paradigm. Expect a rule change again! Or a special glove fencing style: if the ball touches my glove I lose the point.

stop spamming.
this thread is not about r53.
stop acting like a 5 year old french kid.
baal you motherugly do something.


Edited by pingpungpeng - 11/27/2019 at 11:11pm
Back to Top
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Avatar

Joined: 07/15/2007
Location: Pongville, WA
Status: Offline
Points: 16509
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2019 at 11:39pm
OK on the very topic, I have seen people returning the serve with their knuckles, giving such a dead slow ball. That one guy punched the ball, revealing his intentions but then he looked at me saying "sorry" and said he wanted to flick it of course, he made the paddle swing with his wrist and all. Even with an umpire I think he would have gone away with it, I think it's dangerous and above all so frustrating when somebody takes you in public and you can't do much about it!!! Angry but I guess that could be done with any rubber right? Geek
Back to Top
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator


Joined: 01/21/2010
Location: unknown
Status: Offline
Points: 13531
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2019 at 11:24am
pingpungeng kind of has a point in his last comment but all the same his overall pattern of posting warrants 14 days in the corner.

Stiltt I fully understand your reaction but it is not helpful.

Thread locked.




Edited by Baal - 11/28/2019 at 11:25am
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.141 seconds.

Become a Fan on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Web Wiz News
About MyTableTennis.NET | Forum Help | Disclaimer

MyTableTennis.NET is the trading name of Alex Table Tennis Ltd.

Copyright ©2003-2019 Alex Table Tennis Ltd. All rights reserved.