Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

USATT Board- USOC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Twiddler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twiddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: USATT Board- USOC
    Posted: 11/29/2019 at 11:12am
Word is,and it has been verified, that the Olympic committee is demanding that the USATT board of directors needs to resign by Dec. 18 or lose there status as a NGB.
Once again our leaders have let us down. How could this happen when there are several reps from the USOC on our board already?
Sponsored Links

mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2019 at 3:41pm
Is there any written info or is it word of mouth?

Either way, what is known about the issues between them.

Mark
74384793057 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 74384793057 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2019 at 5:09pm
Separate table-tennis associations that parallel ITTF & NGBs but focus on amateur competitive ( mostly veteran / club / fun ) players with modified rules may serve table tennis better & leave NGBs separate puppet arms of National OCs to serve professional TT players.

In fact  ITTF could itself initiate this as a separate but parallel arm of ITTF  with its own NGBS. This arm could be even used to experiment & test rule changes (especially those for spectator involvement) before getting implemented at professional level .  

But then again this may create only more politics & maybe a competing Global TT group would serve TT better   

Edited by 74384793057 - 12/01/2019 at 5:14pm
jfolsen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfolsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2019 at 5:23pm
Unfortunately, the USOC gets to decide who the national governing body is. So you could start an amateur organization, but it would have no authority and the ITTF would (effectively) be unable to recognize it.
alphapong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alphapong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2019 at 2:17am
Originally posted by mjamja mjamja wrote:

I think the current "written info" is probably not for public consumption. Likely USATT will make a statement before too long. 

Edited by alphapong - 12/04/2019 at 2:21am
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2019 at 8:50am
Originally posted by jfolsen jfolsen wrote:

Unfortunately, the USOC gets to decide who the national governing body is. So you could start an amateur organization, but it would have no authority and the ITTF would (effectively) be unable to recognize it.

Well, this is an interesting case here.  Could this statement: the USOC gets to decide who the national governing body is be rewritten as: the USOC gets to decide who the national governing body is for table tennis in the Olympics?  Is it implicit, or a simple matter of common practice, that the ITTF accepts the National Olympic Committees judgment from around the world as to whom is the National Governing Body of table tennis for their country and is, therefore, the only governing body the ITTF may accept as an ITTF member?

On its face, this is crazy.  The Olympics occurs once every four years.  In those four years, the ITTF organizes and promulgates an enormous number of activities completely unrelated to the Olympics.  From the operational perspective, this hegemonic influential power of the National Olympic Committees is nuts.    

As a practical matter, the Olympics is big money.  The IOC selects the ITTF as the international governing body of the sport.  As to matters related to table tennis in the Olympics, the IOC oversees, monitors, and provides direction to the ITTF.  It is a possibility that the extent of the influence by the IOC could stop there, thus, through delegation, permitting the ITTF to determine the National Governing Bodies in the respective countries.  This possibility is not realized because the Olympic funding the specific-sport national governing bodies receive is through the National Organizing Committees in each respective country.  The primary source of the funds provided to each National Organizing Committee is the International Olympic Committee.

In the U.S., not lost on close observers of this uncomfortable situation is the unsynchronized parallel phenomena of very poor USOC funding for the USATT and very high USOC influence over the operational aspects of the USATT.  We have this influence blasting out here again.

The USOC performance in the last major USOC intervention in USATT governing affairs was terrible, demonstrating very low competency in this function.  Nothing available supports an optimistic outcome in this iteration, just more slouching.

On a related note: I was very (and naively) impressed with the prior USATT administration's competency in the financial matters; this impression formed by the obviously large amount of money being spent on overseas competitions and various trips, an actuality only made possible by a corresponding increase in revenues to the USATT.  My naivete was founded on my lack of awareness that a not-for-profit organization could promulgate large budgetary deficits as a standard practice.  How this occurred is, to an non-participant outsider, inexplicable.  

This deficit spending at the extraordinary level that it occurred may well be the impetus of the USOC's recent attention.  That the USOC's purported oversight of USATT matters did not prevent this occurrence will likely not be emphasized.

Another distinct possibility motivating the USOC is the recent initiative concerning ICC's Rajul conflict.  Those scorned by the voting defeat may not have gone gentle into that good night.

Thanks.  

Edited by DonnOlsen - 12/04/2019 at 8:51am
"Speed kills but technical speed absolutely annihilates defenders." Mia Hamm
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2019 at 11:35am

I don't think this is right.  USOC gets to decide who is going to the Olympics, and everything beyond that is up to negotiation.  What I'm not sure about is how ITTF chooses to recognize a representative organization when there are competing organizations in the same country.
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2019 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

I don't think this is right.  USOC gets to decide who is going to the Olympics, and everything beyond that is up to negotiation.  What I'm not sure about is how ITTF chooses to recognize a representative organization when there are competing organizations in the same country.
The ITTF would not dare to interfere here.  Whoever the IOC, and by extension USOC, says is the NGB will be the NGB.  The ITTF wants and needs Table Tennis to be part of the Olympics.  The Olympics is huge for table tennis.  It's the dream of all elite TT players.
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2019 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by pongfugrasshopper pongfugrasshopper wrote:

The ITTF would not dare to interfere here.  Whoever the IOC, and by extension USOC, says is the NGB will be the NGB.  The ITTF wants and needs Table Tennis to be part of the Olympics.  The Olympics is huge for table tennis.  It's the dream of all elite TT players.

Undoubtedly, you are correct.  

Not resolved is the decades-long dysfunctionality of the U.S. national table tennis leadership in some areas of its responsibility.  Always it has been true that the USTTA/USATT has performed well, overall, in administrative matters in general.  It has operated within acceptable levels the standard activities under its charge.  

Strength to the point of effectiveness in areas non-administrative remains absent.  The evidence to this point is found in the stagnation of certain metrics representing areas depicting the sport's growth in the country.

The USOC intervention never was prompted by the above stated deficiencies, but by grievances of mismanagement, suspected corruption, or incompetence.  The case at hand is likely included here.

Thanks.     
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2019 at 2:07pm
Larry Hodges gives some details about this in his blog

benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2019 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

The USOC intervention never was prompted by the above stated deficiencies, but by grievances of mismanagement, suspected corruption, or incompetence.  The case at hand is likely included here.

Why do i feel like we're going out of the frying pan and into the fire?  I've always had serious doubts about the management of USATT, but I see USOC (or USOPC) as making matters worse instead of better.

I'm wondering if we shouldn't let USOC take over USATT's role in relation to ITTF and handle all maters regarding high-performance players.  Then use the existing USATT administrator to handle amateur players.  There has always been this problem that USATT is conflicted over prioritizing the two aspects, and really, there is no reason that we need to have one organization handle both.
Twiddler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twiddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2019 at 6:40pm
USATT Board of Directors were complacent and lacking oversight.
 Our chairman is from  swimming federation and the last one was a financial person. 
 I couldn't imagine going to another sport that I know little about and be the chairman of the board.
 This has ticked me off for years. Makes no sense and it has hurt our TT in many ways.
SionMadren View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SionMadren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2019 at 10:29am
Originally posted by Twiddler Twiddler wrote:

USATT Board of Directors were complacent and lacking oversight.
 Our chairman is from  swimming federation and the last one was a financial person. 
 I couldn't imagine going to another sport that I know little about and be the chairman of the board.
 This has ticked me off for years. Makes no sense and it has hurt our TT in many ways.

I both sort of agree and disagree.   Yes you want a coach (like you) who understands the sport but am not sure an administrator or manager or promoter needs to be.  Conversely some of the greatest coaches were not great players and vice versa ( Red Auerbach, Pat Riley, Phil Jackson )  
What do most owners in NFL or NBA or NHL know about the sport ? For example Mark Cuban

If Bill Gates or Warren Buffet (who both love TT but don't know much about TT but are probably smart enough to learn the management very quickly) was appointed as USATT Chairman would you object ?

Edited by SionMadren - 12/11/2019 at 10:31am
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SionMadren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2019 at 11:02am

Why does anyone need ITTF affiliation or approval (recognition) ?  Why does someone needs to be a OFFICIAL governing body ?  The poster 74384793057 states that it was to be a parallel association not affiliated association. It would be independent of ITTF. (Of course 74384793057 odid also give ITTF affiliated example , which you seem to be addressing, which is OK

I will look at some cases of  breakaway associations just for kicks in many sports.

What about the ABA & NBA ?  What about USFL & NFL (or even NFC & AFC) ?

What about Major Indoor Soccer League ?

Is beach volleyball part of team volleyball etc etc 

This is an interesting study because in many countries thee may be some strict regulation & in some little & in some in between & a gray area depending on political climate.

In a dictatorship like North Korea, what would happen to you if you started your breakaway federation ? Or even in China or even Taiwan ?

In India, cricket became a religion after 1983 when Kapil Dev lead Indian team shocked the mighty West Indies to win the World Cup. This may have even triggered an economic explosion in India. But Kapil Dev himself became an outcast when he tried to start his own  professional league like Kerry Packer did in Australia. The Association itself is called Board of CONTROL for cricket in India (BCCI) . There is a Sports Authority in India which regulates all sports & there is a sports minister & associate ministers. So if I started my own independent TT association in India, would I be trouble ? In a free country like India it mostly depends on which politicians (state & central level)   you know & which judges you can bribe. Or maybe they won’t even care about table tennis.

It would be interesting to know what would happen in countries like UK or Sweden or Australia or New Zealand or many Eastern & Western European nations.

There are probably many interesting other cases in other sports in many other countries I am sure

Edited by SionMadren - 12/11/2019 at 11:03am
larrytt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larrytt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2019 at 11:11am
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

I wrote about it again this past Monday. One piece of news - USATT had an impromptu and unscheduled teleconference on Monday night about the *USOPC letter. I'm not sure if it was an official USATT teleconference or not - it was put together at the last minute by, I'm told, Bruce Liu. But nothing serious came out of the meeting. They will meet in person just before the US Open in Fort Worth, on Fri-Sun, Dec. 13-15. 
-Larry Hodges
*USOPC just doesn't roll off the tongue like USOC . . .
Professional Table Tennis Coach & Writer
Member, USATT Hall of Fame
USATT National & ITTF Certified Coach
Former Chair, USATT Coaching Committee
www.TableTennisCoaching.com
www.MDTTC.com
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SionMadren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2019 at 11:47am
Originally posted by larrytt larrytt wrote:

I wrote about it again this past Monday. One piece of news - USATT had an impromptu and unscheduled teleconference on Monday night about the *USOPC letter. I'm not sure if it was an official USATT teleconference or not - it was put together at the last minute by, I'm told, Bruce Liu. But nothing serious came out of the meeting. They will meet in person just before the US Open in Fort Worth, on Fri-Sun, Dec. 13-15. 
-Larry Hodges

Will you resign ? 
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2019 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by SionMadren SionMadren wrote:

-Larry Hodges

Will you resign ? 

I promise that Larry will not resign.
larrytt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larrytt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2019 at 12:15pm

-Larry Hodges

Will you resign ? 
Umm . . . no. My presence on the USATT board of directors will remain unchanged.
(I chose not to run for re-election when my four-year term ended early this year, and Bruce Liu was elected to my spot. And for the record, I have been assured that I am not mentioned in the USOPC confidential report about USATT. Most of the problems seem to have arrisen after I left.)
-Larry Hodges

Edited by larrytt - 12/11/2019 at 12:25pm
www.MDTTC.com
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2019 at 12:30pm

-Larry Hodges

Will you resign ? 
Umm . . . no. My presence on the USATT board of directors will remain unchanged.
(I chose not to run for re-election when my four-year term ended. And for the record, I have been assured that I am not mentioned in the USOPC confidential report about USATT. Most of the problems seem to have arrisen after I left.)
-Larry Hodges

Well, in using the information in your blog in the ["Arent Fox has completed its review of USATT and issued a . . .] statement, this declaration; "Most of the problems seem to have arrisen after I left." demonstrates that you have retained your sense of humor.  We can simultaneously agree the problems have not you as a source nor as a perpetuator and that the descriptions contained in this "Arent statement quite well expresses reiterated observations with decades-long history.

Thanks.

Edited by DonnOlsen - 12/11/2019 at 12:31pm
larrytt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larrytt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2019 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

-Larry Hodges

Will you resign ? 
(I chose not to run for re-election when my four-year term ended. And for the record, I have been assured that I am not mentioned in the USOPC confidential report about USATT. Most of the problems seem to have arrisen after I left.)
-Larry Hodges

Well, in using the information in your blog in the ["Arent Fox has completed its review of USATT and issued a . . .] statement, this declaration; "Most of the problems seem to have arrisen after I left." demonstrates that you have retained your sense of humor.  We can simultaneously agree the problems have not you as a source nor as a perpetuator and that the descriptions contained in this "Arent statement quite well expresses reiterated observations with decades-long history.

Thanks.
I'm sure the seeds of many of the problems the USOPC cited in their confidential report were there from long before, including when I was on the board. They appear to have reached a saturation point after I left. However, I have not seen the confidential report so I don't really know what's cited in it. As I noted in my blog, it was after I left that things reached the point that the board even tried to expel one member, and they were 5-3 in favor of it - but it needed a 2/3 majority, so the board member remained. (The issues involving that I am told are one part of the confidential report.) I am glad I was not on the board for that vote as I would have had to make a very tough call. Bruce, who took my spot, voted against it, so I could have been the deciding vote for if I'd voted yes. I prefer to focus specifically on table tennis matters - which, surprisingly, were a minority of the issues that came before the board during my four years. (We seemed to spend most of our time on SafeSport and on various grievances.) I believe that most of the board members were well-meaning, so am curious to what exactly is in the confidential report - but as the cover letter said, they don't blame any individual members. 
-Larry Hodges
www.MDTTC.com
taczkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taczkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2019 at 3:41pm
Lets quickly figure this mess out, and play ball!
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2019 at 2:48am
The in person meeting at the US Open venue may be the last call for alcohol in the saga of TDY expenses for the involved peoples.

I still cannot get over how much percent of our budget got spent on TDY expenses in 2019. I heard stories kid's parents had to pony up some dough to USATT to go to the camps, so if that is so, and if that is where the camp revenue mostly came from, then where did all the other dough originally budgeted (and the other dough that was overspent) get spent?
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Charlie Brown View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2019 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

The in person meeting at the US Open venue may be the last call for alcohol in the saga of TDY expenses for the involved peoples.

I still cannot get over how much percent of our budget got spent on TDY expenses in 2019. I heard stories kid's parents had to pony up some dough to USATT to go to the camps, so if that is so, and if that is where the camp revenue mostly came from, then where did all the other dough originally budgeted (and the other dough that was overspent) get spent?

This has been going on and currently remains so for many years since government funding was pulled/reduced. Parents pay for mostly everything, the same has been going on in Canada too - same boat, different pond.

eg; current Hopes Camps

"Entry Fee, Budget and Service:
Each club may charge and retain an entry fee of $125 for each player for the camp and
tournament. To cover the costs for the USATT National Team Development Coach, each club
will pay to USATT a fee of $1,200 (to cover travel and compensation). The balance of entry
fees collected will be retained by the organizer. Each club is also required to provide one
hotel room (or alternate accommodation) for three nights and airport transfers.
If a club and a local organizing committee can secure sponsorship, donation or other sources
of revenue in addition to the event revenue share, this is welcomed and perfectly
acceptable."

Also running a club for "profit" you basically have to "exploit" the "non-profit" card (here in Canada)- not going to point fingers LOL

Edited by Charlie Brown - 12/12/2019 at 2:12pm
*sigh*
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2019 at 2:20pm

The lack of transparency bothers me a lot.  All financial details, includes where money is spent, should be public knowledge.  There just isn't justification for keeping anything secret; the books should be 100% transparent.  And I don't understand why they're not.
lineup32 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2019 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by alphapong alphapong wrote:

Originally posted by mjamja mjamja wrote:

I think the current "written info" is probably not for public consumption. Likely USATT will make a statement before too long. 

As a club owner that has been closely associated with recruiting High level coaching and developing elite players I am interested in your view of how USATT should move forward. Further do you think its worth it for a TT club to expand the effort towards the elite player or should the club be driven by other motives.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2019 at 2:00am

The lack of transparency bothers me a lot.  All financial details, includes where money is spent, should be public knowledge.  There just isn't justification for keeping anything secret; the books should be 100% transparent.  And I don't understand why they're not.

I would be reasonable and expect that the organization not post every single transaction, but on the larger expenditures, or where there is excessive variance from budget, provide sufficient details in footnotes to provide acceptable insight into why the variance is so , or what the big money was spent on.

That would be a bare minimum standard USATT members should demand. Providing that small level of detail, clarification and rationale of why/how USATT over/under spent budget is not difficult in the least and goes a long way for trust and loyalty for the membership.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2019 at 3:30am
Looks like Steve Martin got a hold of the financials for Jan to Aug...

DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2019 at 8:01am

Looks like Steve Martin got a hold of the financials for Jan to Aug...

You are doing excellent and important work here.

On the face of it, to characterize this situation as "challenging," "problematic," "troubling," "non-transparent," or "irresponsible," is to both be accurate and to very significantly understate the severity of this seeming debacle.  

One qualification to this perspective may be linked to the new ITTF revenue strategies to be promulgated in 2020 and beyond.  If assured revenues are to be made by the ITTF and its programs to the USATT that successfully reconcile these financial excesses, then this deficit spending is justified and warranted.  

There may be hints to assist understanding in the hoped-for coming publication of the USOC initiative details against the USATT Board of Directors.  If financial mismanagement is among the grievances, then the prior paragraph speculation is improbable. 

Thanks.
Charlie Brown View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2019 at 10:58am
They should do what ttcanada does, don't publish one ...EVER 🤗
*sigh*
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2019 at 12:54pm
To keep it at a more serious note, the issues BH-Man has about the spending situation are listed below.

- Who in USATT has authority to decide what to spend where and how? This is unclear.

- Who in USATT has visibility over financial transactions and who has command authority to intervene?

- What are the key management internal controls for financial operations? What authority/role does the board chairman, finance committee head, and the CEO each have?

- if there is a known and valid need to spend more than budgeted, what is the process to identify and approve that? Was that done in 2019? Who is the approver?

- WHOSE travel expenses are mostly reflected in the line items of the statement?

- HOW is our budget formed? What is our process? Who has final authority to decide the budget? How good or bad is the person(s) in forming the budget? Does he/she/they reasonable anticipate expenditures based on years long available past data? Is USATT trying to do something neve done before? Why were the budget criteria so far off or why was the spending so far off?

- Stuff happens during a financial year and sometimes REPROGRAMMING the budget is needed. Does USATT do this and who would do it?

- What are the "variance tolerances" that would trigger scrutiny of expenditures in relation to the budget? Who monitors this and who has authority to order a stop to spending if needed?

- What exactly comprised the "Camp/Tourney" income of $250K so suddenly and unanticipated?

- Did the USATT board chair, finance committee, or other responsible USATT official think no one would notice or say anything about such overspending or departure from the programmed budget? In many orgs and companies, what happened in 2019 with USATT expenditures would get people fired and run up the flagpole.

I am going to need to read the entire USATT bylaws and see if the answers to some of my basic questions are in there.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic