FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Ovtcharov signed with Butterfly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2020 at 10:26am
Another player I used to watch was Florian Ebenholz, who grew up in Liechtenstein (amazingly in a town of the same name).  He was famous for being able to hide his backhand serve, and early on he had wins over many top five players. But he nearly died from a cocaine overdose.  He eventually moved to Canada and became a lumberjack.
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2020 at 10:35am
I've never heard of Florian Ebanholz.  There was a chopper, long time player in the German leagues, named Hans Ebanholz.  I think you may have mixed them up.  I don't know anything about Hans' personal life.

Thanks.
"God is not on the side of the heavy battalions, but of the best shots." Voltaire
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2020 at 10:43am
Different guy.  Florian was from Liechtenstein at least in his TT days.  He was quoted as saying he never wanted to be a TT player, which is why he moved to Canada to become a lumberjack.
Skynet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skynet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2020 at 10:49am
Hans is long forgotten, and for a reason. But I do vividly remember Florian Ebenholz, who by the way is not related to Hans. After Florian moved to Canada his cousin Clarence Carbonado succeeded him as Liechtensteins top player. Clarence once managed to beat Jiang Jialiang playing blindfolded..
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2020 at 10:52am
Originally posted by Odie Odie wrote:

Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Tibhar made about forty quadrillion Samsonov blades too.

Yeah but he used most of them!

Dont forget primorac blades
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2020 at 11:08am
Originally posted by Skynet Skynet wrote:

Hans is long forgotten, and for a reason. But I do vividly remember Florian Ebenholz, who by the way is not related to Hans. After Florian moved to Canada his cousin Clarence Carbonado succeeded him as Liechtensteins top player. Clarence once managed to beat Jiang Jialiang playing blindfolded..

Thank you for the note; I'm learning much.  I remember a blade that Donic or Butterfly (I think) had that used the same name.  Is there a connection here?

Thanks
"God is not on the side of the heavy battalions, but of the best shots." Voltaire
Skynet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skynet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2020 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

Originally posted by Skynet Skynet wrote:

Thank you for the note; I'm learning much.  I remember a blade that Donic or Butterfly (I think) had that used the same name.  Is there a connection here?

Thanks

Well, him having been a secret freemason it should be noted that that specific blade was desigend by the Right Worshipful Master of the freemasons in St. Andrews (Scotland) and built by Martin Palatinus during the solar eclipse of 1973 (June 30th). Only one blade was build and its whereabouts remain unknown unfortunately. But we might be onto something!
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2020 at 1:27pm
I can't remember the name of the blade.  But it was used by the top player from Malta whose name I also forget.

Claurenzo Carbonado was not from Liechtenstein though, at least not during his playing days.  He actually represented The Vatican.  

I know he played doubles with Ebenholz but didn't know they were related.

Edited by Baal - 01/07/2020 at 4:55pm
Skynet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skynet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2020 at 1:42pm
The top player from Malta? That must be Augustino Azalea! We need to find him. Maybe the goon squad from TTD can help us out. If he happens to be dead already we need to find his gravesite and open the coffin in order to find out if the holy grail of tt is somewhere in that damn coffin. It was promised to me. Meeee

Edited by Baal - 01/07/2020 at 4:52pm
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2020 at 4:58pm
That holy grail?  It is sometimes referred to as the Bazelart!  It has been lost for decades. 

In any case, as far as I know, Augustino Azalea is not dead, he is living in Australia.  His daughter is quite famous I believe and is apparently fancy. 

Anyway, that Holy Grail, or at least its magic powers, can be activated by invoking the Mantra of Cofveve. I am amazed you knew about this.  It seems everyone had forgotten about it.

Edited by Baal - 01/08/2020 at 5:02pm
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2020 at 5:01pm
Given all this, I wonder what Butterfly will name Dima's blade?
jfolsen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfolsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2020 at 5:09pm

That holy grail?  It is sometimes referred to as the Bazelart!  It has been lost for decades. 

In any case, as far as I know, Augustino Azalea is not dead, he is living in Australia.  His daughter is quite famous I believe. 

Anyway, that Holy Grail, or at least its magic powers, can be activated by invoking the Mantra of Cofveve. I am amazed you knew about this.  It seems everyone had forgotten about it.

Butterfly made the Holy Crown, but it was a pale imitation.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2020 at 5:19pm
True, it never really caught on, but the Holy Crown was used effectively by Brynhilda Ragnarsdottir of the Faroe Islands in her famous upset win over Ding Ning, who burst into tears at the end of the match, complaining about Brynhilda's illegal serves (which to be fair were filthy).

Edited by Baal - 01/07/2020 at 5:21pm
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2020 at 5:25pm
I really should ban myself for hijacking this thread.  But I seem to have run out of microstates.

Edited by Baal - 01/07/2020 at 5:28pm
Dream1700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream1700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2020 at 6:02pm

I don't know but I am sure that it will feature a detachable handle.
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2020 at 6:10pm
Maybe the Butterfly WBTC* ?

liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2020 at 6:29pm
I'm gonna have so much fun with the naming LOL
1. Butterfly MO - Moaning Ovtcharov
2. Butterfly Moaner
3. Butterfly Groaner
4. Butterfly Croucher

Edited by liulin04 - 01/07/2020 at 6:32pm
jfolsen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfolsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2020 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by liulin04 liulin04 wrote:

I'm gonna have so much fun with the naming LOL
1. Butterfly MO - Moaning Ovtcharov
2. Butterfly Moaner
3. Butterfly Groaner
4. Butterfly Croucher

Crouching German, Hidden Ball?
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2020 at 7:07pm
The kid in me was truly enjoying the last hours of this thread,  even (up to certain point)  I thought I was given the answers of the ever bothering me questions untill I realized how much I was impressed by a book of Mr Dan Brown....
Poor kid, poor me
FH: Dignics 064
BH: Dignics 005
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2020 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by Dream1700 Dream1700 wrote:

That's a great idea!!

The TT companies should manufacture interchangeable handles on blades.

Similar to golf equipment - change different putter grips sizes, change shafts, move weights around the driver heads, etc.

Butterfly TB ALC fl
FH: Tenergy 05Hard 2.1
BH: Tenergy 80 2.1

Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-P Hard 2.1
BH: Tibhar Aurus 2.1
Makelele View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Makelele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2020 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by Dream1700 Dream1700 wrote:

Best post of the year
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2020 at 3:48am
I think you still have missed some good players from the past, like Ricardo Moonbeam who lived on the backside of the Moon and came for the matches only or Jonathan Powerdrive, who was able to beat all the best top 3 in his Era (5-6 years before Christ), but...chance.

About Ovtcharov, I doubt you are even close to the name of his blade.
It will be Butterfly Holly Shepherd (Pastor) , as his name meant into his native language.
Ovtchar = Овчар ( Пастир )
Saint Dima is also a good option.

pingpungpeng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2020 at 4:21am
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

Maybe the Butterfly WBTC* ?

actually look at the picture in that link.... you can see a part of the bottom of the handle that looks clearer.
that might be where the butterfly logo was extracted from.

Edited by pingpungpeng - 01/08/2020 at 5:40am
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2020 at 7:17am
Koki Niwa once claimed: "Always Butterfly". LOL

Edited by Ray - 01/09/2020 at 7:18am
Life is too short for defensive play.

spinnier.com
fb.me/spinnier
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic