Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

the final viscaria thread

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pingpungpeng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: the final viscaria thread
    Posted: 01/07/2020 at 12:41pm
where does the name viscaria come from?
Sponsored Links

Skynet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skynet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2020 at 1:10pm
It is latin and refers to a flower, the silene viscaria aka sticky catchfly or clammy campion.

Edited by Skynet - 01/07/2020 at 1:10pm
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2020 at 1:22pm
Yes.  A flower.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2020 at 1:29pm
so you lied baal?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Magic_M Baal wrote:

My favorite player of all time is the "Legend of San Marino" Giancarlo Emanuel Viscaria.  I bought my blades because it had his name on it.  Who can forget the time he beat Waldner 21-5 21-3 21-6 the day after beating Persson and Gatien, and the time he led the San Marino team to a victory over China.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
say you are sorry.

Edited by pingpungpeng - 01/07/2020 at 1:31pm
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2020 at 5:26pm
Nope.  Not sorry at all.  We needed a thread about San Marino.

Edited by Baal - 01/07/2020 at 5:29pm
Tassie52 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tassie52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2020 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by pingpungpeng pingpungpeng wrote:

No, it's not "the final viscaria thread".  There'll be more.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2020 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by Tassie52 Tassie52 wrote:

No, it's not "the final viscaria thread".  There'll be more.

By the way, what's a good  alternstive to Tenergy 05?
YoAss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoAss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2020 at 5:24am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

By the way, what's a good  alternstive to Tenergy 05?

That would have to be tantric yoga.

On a related note, I once thought my old-time favourite blade was named after a former great.  Turned out it wasn't, it was named after a carpenter's tool instead.  I really was surprised, when staying in this little Swedish town called Riksgränsen and overhearing a local woodwork senpai instruct his kohai on how to kjelljohansson the tiles on the roof on that picturesque wooden church.

Edited by YoAss - 01/08/2020 at 9:19am
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2020 at 1:58pm

so you lied baal?
Originally posted by Magic_M Baal wrote:

My favorite player of all time is the "Legend of San Marino" Giancarlo Emanuel Viscaria.  I bought my blades because it had his name on it.  Who can forget the time he beat Waldner 21-5 21-3 21-6 the day after beating Persson and Gatien, and the time he led the San Marino team to a victory over China.
say you are sorry.

I can't find a single mention of this player anywhere online. Baal, are you making this up or can you supply a link that has any info on this Italian player?

Anyone?

FdT

Edited by Fulanodetal - 01/08/2020 at 2:06pm
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2020 at 4:55pm
Dude, the entire thread downstream and including the first mention of Giancarlo Emmanuel Viscaria was made up. It is not much fun when you have to explain the joke , but I guess I have to in order to keep people from wasting time.

Looks like I got you though LOL  And it's not even April 1.

Now that you know this you get extra points if you can figure out the main second element of the joke (immediately seen by Jolan and pgpg)  Also the pop culture reference and the Monty Python homage.     

Edited by Baal - 01/08/2020 at 5:04pm
Ieyasu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ieyasu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2020 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by YoAss YoAss wrote:

On a related note, I once thought my old-time favourite blade was named after a former great.  Turned out it wasn't, it was named after a carpenter's tool instead.  I really was surprised, when staying in this little Swedish town called Riksgränsen and overhearing a local woodwork senpai instruct his kohai on how to kjelljohansson the tiles on the roof on that picturesque wooden church.

Good one! LOL
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2020 at 10:11pm
By the way, what's a good  alternstive to Tenergy 05?:  There is no good alternative to Tenergy 05.

The final viscaria thread: There is no final viscaria thread.

Accept the reality.

Thanks.
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.
lasta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lasta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2020 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

By the way, what's a good  alternstive to Tenergy 05?:  There is no good alternative to Tenergy 05.

The final viscaria thread: There is no final viscaria thread.

Accept the reality.

Thanks.

There is an alternative to everything.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2020 at 12:37pm

Edited by pingpungpeng - 01/09/2020 at 5:21pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic