Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Table Tennis North Chicago Suburbs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Table Tennis North Chicago Suburbs
    Posted: 02/01/2020 at 5:58pm
Hi all,

I'm thinking about moving back to the cold, cold north suburbs of Chicago but during winter time I need a place to play table tennis. I surveyed the community and senior centers but the only obvious place is Weber Community center in Skokie which has a club that meets during certain times of the week as well as a first come, first served table in the lobby (when I use to go there were two such tables). 

Does anyone know of another venue? Here in Stamford, I go to the senior center and UCONN when my wife and I feel like we want to play a bit. I'm hope there is a similar venue in Northern Chicago in around Evanston and such. Thanks for the help!

pitigoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pitigoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2020 at 7:30pm
Play and Spin (google it) also lets you rent tables; you should call since they are not always availables (they fold the tables for birthday parties, etc) and and should not go there without a partner.

Weber is the only place I know; 13 tables in a basketball court.
Stronger players come at the evening sessions; mornings have maybe one third seniors and/or begginers.

Northwestern U. has some (good) tables in their gym but I never saw them un-folded. BTW, not so cold this year.
Right hand: Stiga Allround NCT (74g) /Rasant Grip max/Talon OX red (total 135g)
Left hand: Stiga Allround WRB (71g)/Vega Europe max/Innova Ultra Light max (total 153g)
Fitness Friendship Fun
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2020 at 7:57pm
Thanks much. I knew that NWU has a table tennis club but I don't know if it is accessible to non-students. I doubt it. 

I'm going to check out Play and Spin. Appreciate the tip!

Rich
janekb View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janekb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2020 at 9:19pm
Wheeling Park Center Monday  and Thursday nights 6-9:30 , Vernon Hills Park Center Tuesday and Friday nights. 
Janek B
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2020 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by janekb janekb wrote:

Wheeling Park Center Monday  and Thursday nights 6-9:30 , Vernon Hills Park Center Tuesday and Friday nights. 

Thank you for the info!
taczkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taczkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2020 at 12:10pm
Schaumburg park district (sttc.net)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic