Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - WTTTC 2020 & Olympics 2020 cancelled ?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

WTTTC 2020 & Olympics 2020 cancelled ?

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member
Avatar

Joined: 11/15/2008
Location: Maryland, USA
Status: Offline
Points: 827
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2020 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by mmxx mmxx wrote:

What does this one year postponement mean for those TT athletes already qualified thru the recent trials? Do they keep their spots or do the trials have to be replayed next year? 

The reporting on this subject suggests all the qualified will remain qualified for the 2020 Olympics.  Anything other than that would induce an inflamed anger on an unprecedented scale.

The preference now is to hold the 2020 Summer Olympics in the year 2021.  As tabulated, for all the sports the percentage qualified to the total to be qualified is 57%.  That leaves an additional 43% that need to be selected by the various means in which the selection processes so function.  

The resolution of this 43% is the interesting challenge to be solved, particularly when the athletes seek to peak at Olympic team trials' time, which in most if not all cases will be different than the original trials schedule. 

Thanks.


"Speed kills but technical speed absolutely annihilates defenders." Mia Hamm
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member


Joined: 08/16/2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1342
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2020 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

Originally posted by mmxx mmxx wrote:

What does this one year postponement mean for those TT athletes already qualified thru the recent trials? Do they keep their spots or do the trials have to be replayed next year? 

The reporting on this subject suggests all the qualified will remain qualified for the 2020 Olympics.  Anything other than that would induce an inflamed anger on an unprecedented scale.

The preference now is to hold the 2020 Summer Olympics in the year 2021.  As tabulated, for all the sports the percentage qualified to the total to be qualified is 57%.  That leaves an additional 43% that need to be selected by the various means in which the selection processes so function.  

The resolution of this 43% is the interesting challenge to be solved, particularly when the athletes seek to peak at Olympic team trials' time, which in most if not all cases will be different than the original trials schedule. 

Thanks.


The USA wrestling trials were scheduled for next week. I was looking forward to that, oh well.
TT idiom - Don't count your rating before the match.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.109 seconds.

Become a Fan on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Web Wiz News
About MyTableTennis.NET | Forum Help | Disclaimer

MyTableTennis.NET is the trading name of Alex Table Tennis Ltd.

Copyright ©2003-2019 Alex Table Tennis Ltd. All rights reserved.