Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Will you use a robot at home in the coming weeks?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Will you use a robot at home in the coming weeks?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will you use a robot at home in the coming weeks?
    Posted: 03/13/2020 at 10:19pm
Anybody planning to purchase a TT robot to train at home waiting for better days?

For the little personal story, the Newgy 2050 with the newer controller is vastly better than the 2040, I had both. I do not need more even though the latest Amicus is so sober in design and very attractive.

Sponsored Links

h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2020 at 11:02pm
i bought an Amicus Prime
BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2020 at 1:02pm
I had already ordered a tennirobo back in early February with no thought of this happening. I wish I had done it back in September when I first started thinking about it, but at least I should have one by mid-April.
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2020 at 8:41pm
I will be breaking mine out. And using the return board.
Simas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2020 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by h0n1g h0n1g wrote:

i bought an Amicus Prime
Drop here!

specifically for that?
Stiga Offensive Classic Legend
DHS Hurricane Neo3
Donic Bluefire JP01 Turbo
sunny View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2020 at 2:14pm
I have had TTMatic 500B, its old compared to newer features in Butterfly Prime which would be my choice if I have to purchase today. But it is so sturdy and has two heads and will not break down even after 17 years.
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2020 at 1:00am
Originally posted by sunny sunny wrote:

I have had TTMatic 500B, its old compared to newer features in Butterfly Prime which would be my choice if I have to purchase today. But it is so sturdy and has two heads and will not break down even after 17 years.
some people had different experience with that bad boy: http://www.tomveatch.com/tt/ttmatic.html
I saw and played his machine, it was so sturdy! the fact we could move the whole catch net away from the table was allowing realistic counter looping, it was a serious marketing argument for them, the "B" means just that I think.

Originally posted by h0n1g h0n1g wrote:

i bought an Amicus Prime
of course you did! and you drove your Chiron to the post office to pick it up? LOL

Originally posted by BRS BRS wrote:

I had already ordered a tennirobo back in early February with no thought of this happening. I wish I had done it back in September when I first started thinking about it, but at least I should have one by mid-April.
what a beast! It looks like all routines will be set on an app and it has 3 wheels? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eIGNH4akcI I like it! I how much did you spend? on their website, we can only "submit the purchase request."

Originally posted by vanjr vanjr wrote:

I will be breaking mine out. And using the return board.
I keep wanting to build one with a bunch of 729 sheets but I am lazy with the 2050 available all the time.

sunny View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2020 at 10:30am
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

Originally posted by sunny sunny wrote:

some people had different experience with that bad boy: http://www.tomveatch.com/tt/ttmatic.html
I saw and played his machine, it was so sturdy! the fact we could move the whole catch net away from the table was allowing realistic counter looping, it was a serious marketing argument for them, the "B" means just that I think.

A or B net fasted to post or table, it has two heads, you can setup to play say two balls from one head and three from other, can have one head do service and other head do counters or topspins.

Its good robot but newer robots now have more drills from just one head.

Edited by sunny - 03/17/2020 at 10:34am
boffin5a View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boffin5a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2020 at 12:20pm
About a year ago I bought a Tennirobo.  It has worked okay, but recently failed to function.  To troubleshoot, I borrowed a friend's power supply, and it worked!  A power supply failure, fancy that.  I got a better new one, and all is well.  My only complaint with the Tennirobo is that it is confusing to program.  The youtube videos are not that comprehensive; if any one has good programming instructions, please post.
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2020 at 5:02pm
yes!  My wife gave me the permission to buy a table and an Amicus robot, and my neighbors are ok with it, thankfully they don't hear any noise at all despite sharing walls!  Can't wait to play with my balls again Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic