Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercials in the MYTT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Commercials in the MYTT
    Posted: 03/19/2020 at 6:10am
Like never before I see commercials flying all over the site. Is it just me or it is normal?
FH: Barracuda
BH: Dignics 005
Sponsored Links

sunny View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2020 at 9:05am
Originally posted by Kolev Kolev wrote:

Like never before I see commercials flying all over the site. Is it just me or it is normal?

I would think that is normal. Alex Li started this site in Toronto for Super League in Toronto long time back and then it became international site. He has been out of Toronto, mostly working in China for few years, there is cost of server and running this site, Forum Moderators help a lot but I am sure there is need to cover the cost plus for advertisers to reach such a vast audience. 

Edited by sunny - 03/19/2020 at 9:07am
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2020 at 12:16pm
let's all click on the banners, that means additional revenue and server upgrade for the forum.

GLOBE ELECTRIC FTW!!! LOL
hleett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hleett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2020 at 1:25pm
I am totally for it. Way to go Alex!
alexli View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2020 at 4:11pm
We have been doing our best to keep MyTableTennis.NET a free forum for all of our members. The revenue from the toppage banners can barely afford the cost of servers and hosting of the forum. Recently I turned on the switch to allow google to push its ads to our website. Some of the ads are too big and taking too much space on forum. I have already restricted some of them, and I will keep monitoring to make sure lowest impact to the user experience of our forum members.  

In order to make a better forum for our members, recently we have also developed some new features in the forum. Including the "VideoBox" in which you can search lots match videos from old time and latest world events; also the "About The Seller" in the For Sale section which provides seller's information and reviews that help buyers on their decision making in transactions. We will keep working on more new features. 

Thanks for your understanding and long time support! 

Table Tennis Super Forum - MyTableTennis.NET

BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2020 at 4:29pm
Anyone not realizing the costs can try to make a large forum themselves and see firsthand.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2020 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

Anyone not realizing the costs can try to make a large forum themselves and see firsthand.

Agreed. This is a very valuable service and I would definitely not mind seeing advertisements to help fund it.
-------
Hurricane Long 5

FH: Hurricane 3 Provincial Blue Sponge
BH: Hurricane 3 Provincial Orange Sponge
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2020 at 8:36pm
I have no problem with the commercials, especially considering the value I get from the forum.  Hope this helps you keep the forum going for a long time.

Mark - Who understands there is no free lunch, but still gets a kick out of getting a free Whataburger  Jr. with his reward points.

BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2020 at 12:22am
Mark,

The fuel and Hamburger taxes you have paid annually have funded a lot of things you civic-minded you.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic