Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Table Tennis Gaming Software?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Table Tennis Gaming Software?
    Posted: 03/20/2020 at 11:10pm
More than 10 years ago, I downloaded a program that was working alright. It had simple graphics but offered quite a realistic game with chops and loops possible. I am surprised we don't have something strong today, the public never caught I guess.

There is MS Table Tennis - Ping Pong (didn't try) https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/table-tennis-ping-pong/9n78zsz5r7k1 and I am sure many others.

A quick search gave this https://en.softonic.com/downloads/table-tennis-game but I do not trust whatever is advertised there, maybe a good jewels are shown?

What are your favorite table tennis gaming programs and what is the best one if money is not a barrier?

I suppose very low latency is rare enough to make it happen big online between real people; or maybe it is already happening and I am out of a clue?

Edited by stiltt - 03/20/2020 at 11:13pm
Sponsored Links

Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2020 at 11:43pm
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2020 at 12:25am
I heard there's a VR table tennis game that's quite good, forgot what is the name.
-------
Hurricane Long 5

FH: Hurricane 3 Provincial Blue Sponge
BH: Hurricane 3 Provincial Orange Sponge
V-Griper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V-Griper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2020 at 1:05pm
I have a vr system and the best TT app I have found from a physics stand point is racket fury. Not saying its close enough to reality to use for any kind of useful training but it's good enough for casual fun that suspends disbelief to a degree. You can tell that the devs had some TT knowledge as the robots have somewhat realistic playing styles i.e. stop blockers, 2 wing loopers, sword & shield etc...
YE JTTAA
Yinhe Big dipper FH/BH
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2020 at 1:32pm
That sure looks promising, looking it up, there are a demo videos:

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/1952355814856769

Is it playstation only?

There is also Rockstar on xbox (just bought the one X for my 13 yo and her friends and the ebay shady seller sent me a 360 controller among the 2  @#$%^&*!!!!)

Anyways, who is a VR guy and table tennis player here to let us know the real deal? anything incoming? mmmhh...Big smile

Edit: from the info shared above by people I stumbled onto that group 
There is a lot of praise about "ELEVEN" table tennis VR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLMBoVIWjdM

Edited by stiltt - 03/21/2020 at 2:20pm
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2020 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by V-Griper V-Griper wrote:

I have a vr system and the best TT app I have found from a physics stand point is racket fury. Not saying its close enough to reality to use for any kind of useful training but it's good enough for casual fun that suspends disbelief to a degree. You can tell that the devs had some TT knowledge as the robots have somewhat realistic playing styles i.e. stop blockers, 2 wing loopers, sword & shield etc...
It is cool Thumbs Up

Edited by Egghead - 03/21/2020 at 2:45pm
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic