Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Betting on ping-pong? Really?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Betting on ping-pong? Really?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Betting on ping-pong? Really?
    Posted: 04/06/2020 at 9:26am
https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/04/betting-on-ping-pong-really-the-coronavirus-is-a-sports-gamblers-nightmare.html

"You can't bet on much during the coronavirus, but what you can bet on is ... weird."
Sponsored Links

serveandswing View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serveandswing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2020 at 11:41am
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2020 at 12:39pm
I bet those matches actually take place in Brooklyn.
Tek101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tek101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2020 at 2:12pm
I found the other day that Bovada, because they wanted me to change my password, lets you bet on Table tennis as well. The Russian, Ukranian, and Czech Pro leagues are still running apparently.
|Xiom Ice Cream AZX|
|FH: Sword Long Can Pro Version
|BH: Xiom Vega Asia DF Max
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2020 at 6:46am
Why is betting on TT such a surprise? Bettors care about action, not the sport. Many matches are now broadcasted live. But as one of the articles stated, it would be better if there was a system. The 11-point games really don't lend a good system for this. To use one of the Westchester tournaments as an example, a player could lose 11-8 to Robert Gardos and it really doesn't look that bad. But in reality, it actually is bad at that level. World Championship of Ping Pong has a better set up for betting with 15-point games. A winner or favorite is clearly understandable to a casual observer if they win something like 15-10, their level is much higher and if they win 15-13, you know the two players are pretty close in level.
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2020 at 3:29am
Caveat bettor

New Jersey suspends betting on Ukrainian table tennis after match-fixing alert

Skynet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skynet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2020 at 12:53pm
I did bet on tt once, it was about 2 years ago...and I lost 150€ Cry
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic