Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - US Nationals and Open
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

US Nationals and Open

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: US Nationals and Open
    Posted: 05/18/2020 at 7:48pm
Has anyone heard anything on the Nationals or the Open?  I was hoping we could have the Nationals in August and the Open in December, but that doesn't look likely.  Maybe just the Nationals in Las Vegas in December.
Sponsored Links

idk View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2020 at 9:03pm
Would the Open get cancelled in favor of the Nationals if they can only do one? Hard to say.
W7 baby
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2020 at 9:40pm
Cancel Open so you will not have to deal with quarantine of foreign players entering from countries with 2nd wave outbreaks.

Substitute Nationals in December but relocate it to Lebanon, Kansas so everyone can drive to the event and play outdoors in a corn or wheat maze wind block system.   Bonus points awarded for finding your way to the proper table through the maze on time.

Mark
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2020 at 10:43pm
as a Kansan I can tell you you don't want to play outdoors here. Way too much wind
W1 St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2020 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

as a Kansan I can tell you you don't want to play outdoors here. Way too much wind
The Open winner gets whisked away in a tornado to the Emerald City.
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2020 at 6:33am
Currently, neither the Open or Nationals show up on USATT's events page or Omnipong.  If I recall, the Open was a big money maker for USATT (and maybe Nationals was too?).  So if I had to guess, I would think we'd get something in December.  USATT did apply for a PPP "forgivable" loan so that would take care of staff expenditures.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic