Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Conditions and their effects on gameplay
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conditions and their effects on gameplay

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Conditions and their effects on gameplay
    Posted: 05/24/2020 at 11:26am
Originally posted by Parth shrivastava Parth shrivastava wrote:

can anyone please explain the effects of conditions (like,humidity ,temperature ,tables ,ball ,temperature, heat ,coldness,etc.)and their effects on matches and while playing

It's quite simple.  If you lose the match it's the fault of the ball, table, humidity, etc.  If you win everything was great.
Sponsored Links

TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2020 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by mts388 mts388 wrote:

can anyone please explain the effects of conditions (like,humidity ,temperature ,tables ,ball ,temperature, heat ,coldness,etc.)and their effects on matches and while playing

It's quite simple.  If you lose the match it's the fault of the ball, table, humidity, etc.  If you win everything was great.
But this is just a small part of your defeat, the main reason is the blade and rubbers. Always. LOL
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2020 at 2:17pm

Thats not the thing ,you must not be a pro player if you're saying so
Are you a pro player?
Stiga ALL 2000 '76; DHS H3 Neo 2.1, Dr. Neubauer ABS2 2.3

My Feedback
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2020 at 2:35pm
my arch enemy is humidity, because we don't have any where I live. It messes with the grip on the ball.

I lost a match not long ago and my opponents racket had fog on it like a mirror.

Identifying any problem is the first step in solving it. However I'm stuck on step 1

Edited by cole_ely - 05/25/2020 at 9:58am
W1 St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2020 at 3:35pm
,temperature ,tables ,ball ,temperature, heat ,coldness,etc. have no effect on matches.  Unless the ball is a Butterfly G40+.  Those are crap.

Humidity has a big effect if one player wants to spin everything and the other is a hitter.  Otherwise it doesn't matter either.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2020 at 3:51pm
Cole is right about humidity, I live in Houston so we deal with that year round.  You never really get used to it.  My current rubber deals with it better than most, I'm not sure why.  You just have to accept that you will miss some shots only because of that.

Heat can be an issue if you are not used to it and forget to drink enough.  It is more of a physiological issue.  Dehydration will gradually make you play worse and you may not realize what is  happening.  Adding an electrolyte tablet to the water bottle helps in extremes.

If you are used to a cellulose acetate ball than switching to an ABS ball (or vice versa) will mess with your timing for awhile.  Ahead of a tournament find out what balls will be used and practice for a few days with them. 

The biggest thing for me, though, is the floor.  If  like me you are used to Gerflor or rubber  floors like they have in  European school gymnasiums, playing on a wood floor feels weird, kind of slippery, like playing on ice if it gets dusty.  People accustomed to wood floors or cement or tile will find a Gerflor really weird because you can't  slide your feet at all, you have to lift them to move anywhere.  It takes a bit of time to acquire that habit.  Floors affect sound and feel in complex ways.

Lighting is a big one. You can't  play well if you can't  see well.

Edited by Baal - 05/24/2020 at 3:53pm
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2020 at 9:20pm

im above pro ,you don't know the players of india 👦👦

You mean you're better than this?LOL

-------
Hurricane Long 5

FH: Hurricane 3 Provincial Blue Sponge
BH: Dignics 09c
Simon_plays View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2020 at 5:16am

man that's another level pro and we are another level pro try to understand what I'm saying

Am I correct in thinking that you use the term 'pro' loosely? Just how some people say 'bro' even to people that are not their brother,  so you say 'pro' even though you are in no way professional?
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2020 at 6:30am
Hi,

But this is just a small part of your defeat, the main reason is the blade and rubbers. Always.

On this topic, any decent and proper EJ knows the above statement is all that needs or should be stated.  It is Period, End of Sentence.  All the rest are, for the EJ, reserved for a Will Shortz table tennis trivia puzzle.

Thanks.
"Speed kills but technical speed absolutely annihilates defenders." Mia Hamm
Skynet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skynet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2020 at 7:28am
Originally posted by Simon_plays Simon_plays wrote:

man that's another level pro and we are another level pro try to understand what I'm saying

Am I correct in thinking that you use the term 'pro' loosely? Just how some people say 'bro' even to people that are not their brother,  so you say 'pro' even though you are in no way professional?

That's what I'm kinda thinking, too. Just a few weeks ago a guy from Bangladesh on TTD said that he's a "pro" and he asked for equipment advice, resulting in questions asking back why he would need advice from hobby players if he is a professional player. It turned out that in his country "pro" means that he is a member of a tt club and not just a basement player, but he had to explain that he is not a tour player and does not earn money from playing tt...which is why I think that OP is an 11yo who recently joined a club or something like that. His questions on the various threads he opened are kinda weird, indicating that he is relatively new to the game.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2020 at 9:39am
Bye Felicia (sjan).

Edited by Baal - 05/25/2020 at 9:41am
wilkinru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilkinru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2020 at 10:38am
I figure hot and cold matter for the performance of rubber. There's a reason most car racing has a warm up lap. If it's cold out I put the rubber part under my armpit. Smelly but more grippy in theory.

Armpit boosting?
TB ZLF
inverted
inverted
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2020 at 11:49am
If it's cold outside I take my racket into the motel room the night before. Otherwise it's the armpit
W1 St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
SmileTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmileTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2020 at 12:01pm
Yes, heat will soften the rubbers allowing more control, and cold hardens the rubber. 

Humidity can increase dwell time, but it can also make the new ball slippery. Tables can become wet too.
Dignics 05 | Timo Boll ZLC | Dignics 05
Feedbacks
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2020 at 3:05pm
 When humid, throw angle becomes very low and brush looping with hard rubbers fails, also serves with thin contact have less spin. Table surfaces also play an immense role, especially with Abs balls. Rough surfaces suck up all the spin, decelerating or accelerating the ball on contact and making it bounce lower or higher. Lacquered slippery tables also exist, but they are rare. Those retain spin much better. Then obviously dusty floor is the bane of all footwork and quality play overall.

Combine those three conditions and it's not a sport anymore.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic